IGNORED

Beef Jerky

OK I am looking for Beef Jerky USA style, not Thai Style. Does anybody have a line on where I might be able to get some here in Thailand. I really like Teriyaki Beef Jerky, but a regular style would suffice. I have not been able to find any beef jerky here in Thailand, other then Thai Style.

Cheers!

OK I am looking for Beef Jerky USA style, not Thai Style. Does anybody have a line on where I might be able to get some here in Thailand. I really like Teriyaki Beef Jerky, but a regular style would suffice. I have not been able to find any beef jerky here in Thailand, other then Thai Style.

Cheers!

What's the Thai style stuff? Never even knew they had anything, well except insects...8)

Dont' mind the Jerky but only in a pinch. If ya manage to find any Biltong on the search, make note hey....

cheers...

There is a local beef jerky manufacturer--I think the owner is American. You can get the stuff at Friendship in small bags on the meat counter I believe.

Edited by expatdude

There is a place called Prime Beef just before foodland on the same side, I seen Beef Jerky there ... all their stuff is damn fine

I have checked Villa, but never Friendship or the other location mentioned near Foodland, but I will check them out.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

I have checked Villa, but never Friendship or the other location mentioned near Foodland, but I will check them out.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

i saw it in Villa recently you might have missed it or they stopped carrying it.

I have never tried any Beef Jerky.

Will keep this post in mind and maybe try it over in Pattaya next time I'm there.

Pattaya seems to be the place where I try many things I have never tried or done before. 555

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

i saw it in Villa recently you might have missed it or they stopped carrying it.

I was in Villa yesterday, but did not see it. I even asked the staff, but as usual they were clueless. if you can remember where in the store you saw it. Please let me know, because staff told me they do not carry beef jerky. I would believe they have it and staff just doesn't know what Beef Jerky is. So I will go back today and check or tomorrow if you remember where in the store you think you saw it.

Just for the record. I went to Prime Beef next to Foodland. They do have a nice Pepper style beef jerly, not to much pepper. I wish they had a teriyaki jerky though. I bet it would be awesome.

I am still looking though...

Thanks for the info.

There is a place called Prime Beef just before foodland on the same side, I seen Beef Jerky there ... all their stuff is damn fine

Thanks Jolly Friar. I found Prime Beef and their Beef Jerky. Very nice, but still in search of Teriyaki Beef Jerky. You are right they have a very nice product.

Cheers!

I have never tried any Beef Jerky.

Will keep this post in mind and maybe try it over in Pattaya next time I'm there.

Pattaya seems to be the place where I try many things I have never tried or done before. 555

I grew up with it, so I missed it very much. If you have never tried it, I recommend you do. If your next trip is in August? Probably feels like it is years away :Question: ? I used to hate to wait to return. Hang in there.

Cheers!

I grew up with it, so I missed it very much. If you have never tried it, I recommend you do. If your next trip is in August? Probably feels like it is years away :Question: ? I used to hate to wait to return. Hang in there.

Cheers!

Cheers mate...August 31st...it's not too much longer to wait only 84 more days.

Time actually goes quicker once the flights are booked I think.

Maybe it's because you know exactly when you are going again instead of just wishing you were going again soon.

As for jerky I think I will try my local supermarket tonight and see if they have it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

If anyone has located biltong in Pattaya can they let me know - one of the few non-thai foods I would love to get my teeth into for my next trip.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if the humidity makes Beef Jerky next to impossible to make properly in Pattaya? This is a food that keeps well, but with the humidity it might go off quickly.

I make Biltong back home in Australia no problems. Humidity in the Nort West is simalar to here. Thing is to do it inside and make a box with a small light globe in the bottom. The box is designed to create a convection current that keeps an airflow moving over the meat so it does not grow mould or mildew from the humidity and stale air. It will take about a week to cure depending on how dry you want it to be. Personally I prefer mine to be dry and chewy though others prefer soft and moist, individual choice I guess. I make it in strips about 1/2 inch thick and I just either chew on it or cut into bite size pieces to have with a beer.

It will keep for a few months no problems. If oyu have too much then you can just freeze it. Vac sealing works best and it will keep for a very long time. Though I tend to find that if I make 2kg of the stuff it doesn't last more than a week or two as everyone else seems to like it as well!