IGNORED

Need apartment for a month

Zuckhan

Hello! To all, I am new at this forum but I have been to Thailand a few times in the past 5 years normally on 3 weeks trip Bangkok and pattaya. However planning a longer trip this time only pattaya. Always stayed in hotel. This time I would like to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in pattaya area. I would like your advice on how much rent should I expect for a good apartment and which real estate agents are trust worthy or is it better to walk around and scout for one myself. I did research the Internet for an apartment found few to my likeing but was not sure to book. As I was not sure I was getting a good price over the net nor was I comfortable booking a place for month without seining it. I will be arriving in pattaya 9th June 2011. All advice concerning how and where would be very much appreciated.

Sorry forgot to mention my budget I am looking between 20 000 to 30 000 bht per month water and electricity all included.

Hello,

I came across this place the last time I was in Pattaya.

www.greendoorenterprises.com/

Goodluck

The prices given on the web and through the real-estate agents are inflated and you can find much better deals if you know where to look. The best deals almost never appear on the web or in the real-estate lists. What you need is to know the addresses of the condominiums and go check the billboards inside their halls. Also check the Billboard in Carrefour. You can find incredible deals there.

Normally if the real-estate agent asks you for 20k a month for the condo be sure you can rent it for 15k. If they ask you for 15k, then it's 10k. Since you've been to Pattaya many times you should have no problem navigating there on your own. In you shoes I would book a hotel for say 4 days and just visit condo buildings on a motorbike.

Edited by vermut12

You might want to take a look at www.condo6.com.

take a look at "the golden crab" in soi 13. Its cheep, and close to everything. They have 1 or 2 bedrooms appartments

Ben Dover (You`re Next)

take a look at "the golden crab" in soi 13. Its cheep, and close to everything. They have 1 or 2 bedrooms appartments

I looked at this place once and found it unaccepatable.

ok...just a tip

Ben Dover (You`re Next)

I looked at this place once and found it unaccepatable.

Why?

Free today - Pay tomorrow

Why?

The bed was too small and you could not watch TV from your bed. You had watch the TV in a location separate from the bed.

Thank you everyone for the info, have booked a hotel for 3 days in Soi 6, so I could do an apartment hunt, hopefully 3 days are enough for my search.

Mostly on my trip used to stay 2 weeks bangkok and a week in pattaya or Phuket. And the time I was in pattaya stayed in a hotel and was wasted from the time I got there till the time I took a taxi straight to the airport, never paid much attention to the condo buildings or anything not related to pub club and babes, this is the reason for me to ask for help this time around cuz I don't feel ashamed to ask for help and guidance for things I don't know ;)

The prices given on the web and through the real-estate agents are inflated and you can find much better deals if you know where to look. The best deals almost never appear on the web or in the real-estate lists. What you need is to know the addresses of the condominiums and go check the billboards inside their halls. Also check the billboard in Carrefour. You can find incredible deals there.

Normally if the real-estate agent asks you for 20k a month for the condo be sure you can rent it for 15k. If they ask you for 15k, then it's 10k. Since you've been to Pattaya many times you should have no problem navigating there on your own. In you shoes I would book a hotel for say 4 days and just visit condo buildings on a motorbike.

Just need to point out that you are incorrect in your statement on pricing from real estates. I actually own one & the pricing that we advertise, is the price given to us by the owner & the commission is usually 10 percent as a rule, unless we are doing more work than just finding a tenant for that particular owner. Sometimes that owner will advertise at the same price.

You Sir, may have been stung by a certain real estate in particular or are someone with a lot of time on your hands, but please don't categorize everybody as one.

The bed was too small and you could not watch TV from your bed. You had watch the TV in a location separate from the bed.

Move the TV perhaps? or even the bed?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Move the TV perhaps? or even the bed?

I'm not sure it's possible to move either. But you can go there and check it out when in Patts.

I'm not sure it's possible to move either. But you can go there and check it out when in Patts.

Thank you, I'll probably have other things to do when in Pattaya but thanks for the suggestion. Hope you get big bed soon.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

You might check out http://dancewatchers.com lots of BM's use them and I have not heard of anyone having troubles.

I have used some of her other services, and have a room reserved with her for the first month after I arrive next year. All my dealings with her have been great.

A lot of condo listing places you have to really search for the ones that will rent for just a month, lots of places want minimum of 3 months. Dancewatchers focuses on the short term market.