IGNORED

12 month SIM Card?

Iluvpattaya

I normally just buy a new SIM for my phone over the counter at 7-11 each trip but it only lasts a month or so. Can you get a 6/12 month SIM so there is no need to change number each trip and if so where from?

i got my last sim extended for 6 months at a cost of 2 baht a month,at the airport mine was on the happy network just ask at the counter the girls are very helpfull, no top up needed

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

I normally just buy a new SIM for my phone over the counter at 7-11 each trip but it only lasts a month or so. Can you get a 6/12 month SIM so there is no need to change number each trip and if so where from?

The short answer is no.

If you buy a DTAC sim card you can phone up and get 12 months validity but it costs a few hundred baht, you can also log on online and extend the life of it (validity) by 180 days for 12 baht I think. That's the way I do it. That said I think it depends what promotion you are on.... You might get lucky by shopping round in Tukcom.

The other way is to activate roaming then take some top up cards home and keep it alive that way by adding credit.

The last time I was there, had a happy sim for 49baht. My wife phoned the call center, and for a small fee had them switch it to a 12 month validity. So, yes, you can have your sim switched to last longer. Don't quote me, but I think the fee was around 50 baht.

To answer your question, yes you can buy a 12mth sim card.

My TGF told me about the 1-2-call sim card that has an expiry date of 12mths....usually you would go into a 7/11 & by the 250b start up pack which includes 50b credit, but you can also buy a 300b 1-2-call start up pack (incl 50b credit) which will give you 3mths or so credit....once you've put in an extra 300-500b it jumps to around 10-11mths expiry date. Regardless of how much baht you put in, it will still keep it around the 12mth mark.

I bought mine on the top floor of the Avenue shopping mall on 2nd rd.....Where the video games are go right & you'll see the mobile phone section. Hope that helps you :Grin3:

I switched to DTAC (Happy) the other 1-2 would not work in a few months when I had the next trip. The DTAC can be extended as the other s said. I have been using the same SIM for 2 years now.

DTAC or 12call you can call up their customer service and request maximum validity and pay (through your phone credits) how ever much they say it costs.

Thanks for the advice guys.

1-2- call

Just top it up by 200+ baht a few times while you are still in Thailand. Each time you top up it will extend

eg you have 1 month, top it up it will extend, top it up again and it will extend again, etc until you have the time you want

I have a normal thai number with Thai GSM but I also have a pay as you go top up number with 12 cal. The 12 call is up around 14 months at the moment so there doesnt seem to be a 12 month cap (and I have had it for years)

Edited by Gator001

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

For Happy (DTAC) just look at the booklet you get with the SIM. Extending the validity is as simply as dialing a number.

Out of my head it is something like (Check this, i could have the details wrong):

*112*<your number>*<number of days, 90/180/270)#

IIRC it is about 20 baht/90 days. You need to have enough credit on the phone and the max is 365 days.

You can buy a 1 2 call, 12 month sim card in the phone shop next to Carrefour supermarket.

Every time you top up, another 12 months.

If you hunt around Tuk-com some of the places there have them.

You can buy a 1 2 call, 12 month sim card in the phone shop next to Carrefour supermarket.

Every time you top up, another 12 months.

If you hunt around Tuk-com some of the places there have them.

Thats a good idea.Before i toppe it up for a few hundred bath to hold my nomber,

and don't must change it every trip.Thanks for advice.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

the 1-2 call sim cards in the PINK BOX are good for one year (when you *121# to check balance it will tell you the balance and expiry date) . most phone shops have them just ask at the shop

Used to have a 1-2-call SIM, but last year i needed mobile internet as well and found that TRUE had a better offer. Found out that first time i topped it up (100 Baht) it automatically extended the validity with 12 months where 1-2-call only extended the validity with 1 month every time that was topped up.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

so 12 call sim card is it 1 month or 12 months expiration date everytime you top up?

Depends on the plan you are on and how much money you put in. It’s from 14 days up to 1 year.

You can change you plan by calling them or go to a phone shop and have them help you call.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

• 2 weeks later...

Just buy a "True Inter Sim" at Swampy-add credit and its good for a year.

Phone UK landline one baht a minute via 006.

Just buy a "True Inter Sim" at Swampy-add credit and its good for a year.

Phone UK landline one baht a minute via 006.

so that offer is still going 1baht a minute to uk i have 2 sim cards AIS and true move intersim card with 1 baht a minute when i was in LOS before christmas it said offers expire jan 1st 2011 so they must have extended it

Edited by pattayaguru

so that offer is still going 1baht a minute to uk i have 2 sim cards AIS and true move intersim card with 1 baht a minute when i was in LOS before christmas it said offers expire jan 1st 2011 so they must have extended it

Not sure if extended but direct from website.

I have 12call and when my friend TG top up 100 bath balance is valid about 40 days longer time.She sent me code and I made from my country. I do not want change my number for next trip.

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 1 month later...

If you care about validity, you can get up to 1 year @ 2 baht a month with a DTAC Happy SIM. You do it just by pressing a couple of buttons, and get a SMS confirmation if sucessful:

For a full list of keypress codes: http://thaiprepaidcard.com/2009/keypress-codes

12Call users - sorry you are out of luck, unless you can find the "Nan Nan" SIMs that are floating around out there, but those are not the standard 12Call Freedom SIMs. Otherwise you have to keep topping up your credit to get more validity.

While abroad you can top up with your online banking (Kbank, SCB), or if you haven't set that up this service lets you top up with Paypal or a credit card.

If you want mobile internet TRUE has the best packages and best speed at the moment, however AIS 12Call just launched 3G, so it may be worth checking them out.