Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Buy/Sell Property | Isaan Lawyers | Anglo Siam Legal | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Oral Sex and STD risks

abdullah the butcher

We all know that there is a risk of catching or passing on nasties during these wonderful acts, but do you know which ones, the chances (for some of them), and that there are some new ones on the scene?

Stats show that 9 out of 10 men know that STDs can be transmitted during oral sex, but only 3 out of 10 use protection- it would be good to know if this applies to mongers, so please take part in the poll above.

1.HIVAlthough oral sex is a relatively low-risk activity, particularly when compared to vaginal or anal sex, it is possible to transmit HIV through oral sex. Using latex or polyurethane condoms, female condoms, or dental dams is an effective way to reduce your chances of contracting the virus when engaging in oral sex. If you don't choose to use protection for oral sex, you should know that the risk of HIV transmission increases if the person performing the act has cuts or sores in his/her mouth, if ejaculation takes place in the mouth, and if the individual receiving oral sex has any other sexually transmitted diseases. The risk is primarily for the person performing the oral sex. Unless a partner has significant amounts of blood in his/her mouth, such as from dental surgery, oral sex is unlikely to expose the receptive partner to HIV.

What is the risk of HIV transmission via oral sex?

Measuring the exact risk of HIV transmission as a result of oral sex is very difficult.

At the 4th International Oral AIDS Conference held in South Africa, the risk of transmission through oral sex was estimated to be approximately 0.04 per cent per contact.4 This percentage figure is a lot lower than the two American figures, because this figure is a risk per contact percentage, whereas the other figures are percentage risks over much longer time periods. Oral sex is still regarded as a low-risk sexual activity in terms of HIV transmission, but only when more work is done will we be clearer as to the risks of oral sex.

Are there any individual documented cases of HIV transmission during oral sex?

While it is very difficult to ever know how HIV transmission occurred, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there have been a few documented cases of HIV transmission during oral sex

2.Herpes Risk is about 5-10 % if partner is positive. Condoms are only 50% effective in protection.

Although genital herpes and oral herpes are usually caused by different strains of the herpes virus, HSV-2 and HSV-1 respectively, it is possible for either virus to infect either site. Therefore, it is possible to transmit herpes during oral sex, and the virus can spread from either partner. Herpes is contagious even when symptoms are not present. Even though prophylactic medications, such as Zovirax (acyclovir), can reduce the likelihood of both outbreaks and transmitting the herpes virus to your partner, they can not eliminate the risk entirely. Although they should greatly reduce the risk of herpes transmission, condoms are also not completely effective in preventing transmission of herpes during oral sex, since the virus can spread from skin to skin.

3.HPV Causes genital warts

It is possible to spread HPV through oral sex, and it is believed that HPV acquired while performing oral sex is a major risk factor for oral and throat cancers. HPV can also appear in the oral cavity through vertical transmission (transmission from mother to child during birth). As with herpes, it seems likely that the use of condoms or dental dams during oral sex should reduce the risk of infection, but they will not necessarily eliminate it entirely since HPV spreads via skin-to-skin contact not through bodily fluids.

Although using a condom is a good idea to prevent transmission of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), condoms may not protect sexual partners from genital HPV transmission and infection. This may be because the condom does not prevent all skin-to-skin contact. The female condom might provide greater protection because it provides wider coverage.

Transmission of genital HPV appears to be high with a new sex partner. This risk is even higher if the partner has been known for less than eight months and if the partner has been sexually active.

Studies also suggest that HPVs may play a role in cancers of the anus, vulva, vagina, and some cancers of the oropharynx (the middle part of the throat that includes the soft palate, the base of the tongue, and the tonsils). Data from several studies also suggest that infection with HPV is a risk factor for penile cancer (cancer of the penis).

4.Gonorrhea

In recent years, teenagers with throat infections caused by gonorrhea have often been in the news. Gonorrhea can be transmitted in both directions when oral sex is performed on a man, and throat infections with gonorrhea are notoriously difficult to treat. There is limited research to suggest that it may be possible for someone to acquire a gonorrheal throat infection while performing oral sex on a woman, but transmission in the other direction is relatively unlikely since the site of infection is the cervix -- a part of the female anatomy not reached during cunnilingus. Condoms and dental dams should be extremely effective in preventing transmission of gonorrhea during oral sex.

Gonorrhea symptomsSymptoms of gonorrhea infection may appear 1 to 14 days after exposure, although it is possible to be infected with gonorrhea and have no symptoms. Men are far more likely to notice symptoms as they are more apparent. It is estimated that nearly half of the women who become infected with gonorrhea experience no symptoms, or have non-specific symptoms such as a bladder infection.

Gonorrhea symptoms can include:

Women

A change in vaginal discharge; it may appear in abundance, change to a yellow or greenish colour, and develop a strong smell.

A burning sensation or pain whilst passing urine.

Irritation and/or discharge from the anus.

Men

A white or yellow discharge from the penis.

A burning sensation or pain whilst passing urine.

Irritation and/or discharge from the anus.

5.Chlamydia

It is possible to transmit chlamydia during fellatio, and both the recipient and the person performing the act are at risk. There has been little research on whether it is possible to transmit chlamydia during cunnilingus, but infection risk is probably similar to that for gonorrhea.

Chlamydia symptoms usually appear between 1 and 3 weeks after exposure but may not emerge until much later. Chlamydia is known as the ‘silent’ disease as in many people it produces no symptoms. It is estimated that 70-75% of women infected with chlamydia are asymptomatic (have no symptoms) and a significant proportion of men also have no symptoms. Those who do have symptoms of chlamydia may experience:

WomenAn increase in vaginal discharge caused by an inflamed cervix;

the need to urinate more frequently, or pain whilst passing urine;

pain during sexual intercourse or bleeding after sex;lower abdominal pains;

irregular menstrual bleeding.

MenA white/cloudy and watery discharge from the penis that may stain underwear;

a burning sensation and/or pain when passing urine;

pain and swelling in the testicles.

6.Syphilis Oral sex accounts for 14% of cases

Syphilis is extremely easy to transmit via oral sex. In fact, in some areas of the United States, oral sex has been shown to be responsible for as many as 15% of syphilis cases. Although syphilis can only be transmitted in the presence of symptoms, during the primary and secondary stages of the disease, the painless sores it causes are easy to miss.

What is syphilis?

Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It has often been called "the great imitator" because so many of the signs and symptoms are indistinguishable from those of other diseases.

How common is syphilis?

In the United States, health officials reported over 36,000 cases of syphilis in 2006, including 9,756 cases of primary and secondary (P&S) syphilis. In 2006, half of all P&S syphilis cases were reported from 20 counties and 2 cities; and most P&S syphilis cases occurred in persons 20 to 39 years of age. The incidence of P&S syphilis was highest in women 20 to 24 years of age and in men 35 to 39 years of age. Reported cases of congenital syphilis in newborns increased from 2005 to 2006, with 339 new cases reported in 2005 compared to 349 cases in 2006.

Between 2005 and 2006, the number of reported P&S syphilis cases increased 11.8 percent. P&S rates have increased in males each year between 2000 and 2006 from 2.6 to 5.7 and among females between 2004 and 2006. In 2006, 64% of the reported P&S syphilis cases were among men who have sex with men (MSM).

How do people get syphilis?

Syphilis is passed from person to person through direct contact with a syphilis sore. Sores occur mainly on the external genitals, vagina, anus, or in the rectum. Sores also can occur on the lips and in the mouth. Transmission of the organism occurs during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Pregnant women with the disease can pass it to the babies they are carrying. Syphilis cannot be spread through contact with toilet seats, doorknobs, swimming pools, hot tubs, bathtubs, shared clothing, or eating utensils.

What are the signs and symptoms in adults?

Many people infected with syphilis do not have any symptoms for years, yet remain at risk for late complications if they are not treated. Although transmission occurs from persons with sores who are in the primary or secondary stage, many of these sores are unrecognized. Thus, transmission may occur from persons who are unaware of their infection.

Primary Stage

The primary stage of syphilis is usually marked by the appearance of a single sore (called a chancre), but there may be multiple sores. The time between infection with syphilis and the start of the first symptom can range from 10 to 90 days (average 21 days). The chancre is usually firm, round, small, and painless. It appears at the spot where syphilis entered the body. The chancre lasts 3 to 6 weeks, and it heals without treatment. However, if adequate treatment is not administered, the infection progresses to the secondary stage.

Secondary Stage

Skin rash and mucous membrane lesions characterize the secondary stage. This stage typically starts with the development of a rash on one or more areas of the body. The rash usually does not cause itching. Rashes associated with secondary syphilis can appear as the chancre is healing or several weeks after the chancre has healed. The characteristic rash of secondary syphilis may appear as rough, red, or reddish brown spots both on the palms of the hands and the bottoms of the feet. However, rashes with a different appearance may occur on other parts of the body, sometimes resembling rashes caused by other diseases. Sometimes rashes associated with secondary syphilis are so faint that they are not noticed. In addition to rashes, symptoms of secondary syphilis may include fever, swollen lymph glands, sore throat, patchy hair loss, headaches, weight loss, muscle aches, and fatigue. The signs and symptoms of secondary syphilis will resolve with or without treatment, but without treatment, the infection will progress to the latent and possibly late stages of disease.

Late and Latent Stages

The latent (hidden) stage of syphilis begins when primary and secondary symptoms disappear. Without treatment, the infected person will continue to have syphilis even though there are no signs or symptoms; infection remains in the body. This latent stage can last for years. The late stages of syphilis can develop in about 15% of people who have not been treated for syphilis, and can appear 10–20 years after infection was first acquired. In the late stages of syphilis, the disease may subsequently damage the internal organs, including the brain, nerves, eyes, heart, blood vessels, liver, bones, and joints. Signs and symptoms of the late stage of syphilis include difficulty coordinating muscle movements, paralysis, numbness, gradual blindness, and dementia. This damage may be serious enough to cause death.

7.Hepatitis B

The research is inconclusive as to whether or not hepatitis B can be transmitted via oral sex. Oral-anal contact, however, is definitely a risk factor for hepatitis A infection, and it may also be a risk factor for hepatitis B. Fortunately both hepatitis A and B can be prevented by vaccines. If you practice rimming, you should talk with your doctor about getting vaccinated. Vaccination is a good idea in any case, and the hepatitis B vaccine is currently recommended for all children and many groups of adults.

8.Gastrointestinal infections and parasites may be passed on during oral contact with the anus.

9.Oral sex raises the risk of a common sexually transmitted disease (STD) called nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) in men.

NGU is a type of urethritis, an infection of the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to outside the body. One of the most common causes is Chlamydia trachomatis infection, yet it is underreported because a substantial number of people are not aware of their infection and do not seek testing, according to the CDC.

Other less common bacteria and viruses can also cause NGU.

Symptoms include:

Pain or burning during urination

A discharge from the urethra

A significant number of men do not experience symptoms; this can contribute the continued spread of the STD.

NGU is associated with receiving oral sex.

Several viruses were associated with NGU, including the herpes virus that causes cold sores (HSV-1). However, herpes sores weren't needed for NGU to spread. HSV-1 was strongly linked to giving oral sex and men who report having sex with men.

Researchers couldn't always identify a virus that caused NGU. There may be viruses that cause NGU that haven't been discovered yet

So, even using condoms may not prevent disease transmission- what a bitch! But the overall consensus is to wrap it up before bunging it in (condom or dental dam) in order to lower your risk, and to have a full STD screen regularly- I have it three times a year (regardless of whether i've been LOS or not).

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING

babydollsaddict.gif

So some of these diseases could also be transmitted by merely shaking hands (skin contact). think of that next time you shake the hand of a fellow monger! Or, after a trip make sure you shake hands with your boss!

Seriously though, scary stuff "Herpes Risk is about 5-10 % if partner is positive." seems hard to avoid! it's a dangerous sport, right up there with motor racing and ice hockey!

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

So some of these diseases could also be transmitted by merely shaking hands (skin contact). think of that next time you shake the hand of a fellow monger! Or, after a trip make sure you shake hands with your boss!

Seriously though, scary stuff "Herpes Risk is about 5-10 % if partner is positive." seems hard to avoid! it's a dangerous sport, right up there with motor racing and ice hockey!

And considering how several BM's here have admitted to having this disease, either caught in Pattaya or from their own home countries, it is playing with fire.

And some of these mongers that claim to be disease free after barebacking all these years, you wonder if they are maybe not fudging the truth a bit. They may have not caught HIV, but they may have herpes and other nasties.

And don't forget, just because one does not have herpes symptoms or visible shedding, does NOT mean you cannot infect others as there is a phenomenon called asymptomatic shedding.

Let's also mention that mongers and bar girls alike self medicate whenever they catch something, so basically the P4P scene in Pattaya is one big microcosmic strain of STD's mutating into a super STD.

Not to damper anyone's fun, we all have that element of denial when it comes to thailand/P4P ('sucks to be him,' won't happen to me). But it's probably better to accept that one day you will catch something.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

They should rename lolitas to herpitas. All those girls must have it right? BBBJ on guys all day long. What's even worse though is that I bet there are plenty of guys who even when they become aware of having something, still choose to carry on.

Not trying to caste a judgment on anyone but I guess if your the type who say doesn't plan to get involved in a long term relationship back home and are just basically living to come here a few times a year then a non fatal STD probably means fk all, except if they display symptoms.

I plan to get married and have a family some day so I do wonder at times what I was thinking booking my ticket to Thailand. Guess I'll have to be extra careful. Covered handjobs it is then. Arf arf.

Ponder this.

Edited by kopite

• 3 weeks later...

BBBJ for me...wouldn't have it any other way.

There is risk in life with everything.

I never Bareback sex with a BG though.

Seriously...we are going to Pattaya. There has to be some risk involved.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Im a onral sex lover and so far, I never caught anything. *touch wood*

Got herpes from my last trip, bloody painfull! Guessing it was from a BJ as I go bb with them. Remember guys, just because it looks like a clean fresh girl it doesn't make a difference :P

I obviously now have to wrap up with bj's :( still the same chance of infection to the bj giver if all signs have gone???

I would imagine herpes is rife in LOS as most guys go bareback for BJs. I guess it's just one of those things and at least the symptoms tend to disappear quite quickly and may not re-appear for a long time.

I went down on just about every Thai girl I had during my last visit. I enjoy it, mostly so do they and it helps to get them wet. It is probably

the riskiest thing I do, I guess more so than BBBJ, which is just about standard, not just in Thailand, but also in all the German FKK's I

frequent at home. I guess we are all playing the % game. If you choose to bareback in penetrative sex then your % goes up, but it does not mean

you will definitely catch stuff. I have never barebacked a prostitute, that one crosses the line for me, but what I do is definitely not risk free.

But every year there is a % chance of catching cancer, getting run over etc, we are all just bumping that % up in what we do.

I asked a few of the girls if most of their customers went down on them, and for the most part they said it was very common, so I am probably

an average risk taker in this hobby.

Edited by Up4Fun

Got herpes from my last trip, bloody painfull! Guessing it was from a BJ as I go bb with them. Remember guys, just because it looks like a clean fresh girl it doesn't make a difference :P

I obviously now have to wrap up with bj's :( still the same chance of infection to the bj giver if all signs have gone???

i got herpes off my ex years ago and doc in oz said that it has 2 stages ..--simplex 1 = on genitals , simplex 2 = on lips commonly called cold sores ,and you can only get infected if your partner is having an attack eg has cold sores on lips . when it is on the genitals they form in little blisters usually a few bunched together and feels like someones pricking your dick with a needle (fuck it hurts)and a sort of PANG-PANG effect. the longer you have it the less frequent the attacks. the zivorac TABLETS are best but dont get sucked into getting pharmacies (own brand)as they arnt as good , a bit like black and gold cordial compared to the real thing.once the blisters have healed it is safe .so next time you go for a growl go by one of those torches off a vendor tell em to spread em and have a good look. i know a bloke who has it on his face and when he has a attack it looks like hes gone 10 rounds with mike tyson !! not pretty.also if your chick has it and is pregnant and if she has an attack while giving birth the child can infected by which part comes in contact when comming out , could be on face,back arms legs , serious shit.

just dropin the kids off to school --- back soon !!

i got herpes off my ex years ago and doc in oz said that it has 2 stages ..--simplex 1 = on genitals , simplex 2 = on lips commonly called cold sores ,and you can only get infected if your partner is having an attack eg has cold sores on lips . when it is on the genitals they form in little blisters usually a few bunched together and feels like someones pricking your dick with a needle (fuck it hurts)and a sort of PANG-PANG effect. the longer you have it the less frequent the attacks. the zivorac TABLETS are best but dont get sucked into getting pharmacies (own brand)as they arnt as good , a bit like black and gold cordial compared to the real thing.once the blisters have healed it is safe .so next time you go for a growl go by one of those torches off a vendor tell em to spread em and have a good look. i know a bloke who has it on his face and when he has a attack it looks like hes gone 10 rounds with mike tyson !! not pretty.also if your chick has it and is pregnant and if she has an attack while giving birth the child can infected by which part comes in contact when comming out , could be on face,back arms legs , serious shit.

And yet people still go for BBBJs at Lolita's, Soi 6 etc. :unsure:

I went to lolita's once in 2009, I'm going back to Pattaya next month but this will make me seriously reconsider a noontime visit @ Lolitas. WHen I went before, I was wiped before and after w/ rubbing alcohol which may make it a bit safer, but certainly this is food for thought....

• 3 weeks later...

Going back when i was a child ide suffer with cold sores once in a blue moon but way back then i wasnt banging hookers hell i had only discovered wankin. Could tjat mean i carry the virus? In past when haveing check ups at docs they have never said i had something allways gave me thumbs up.

Going back when i was a child ide suffer with cold sores once in a blue moon but way back then i wasnt banging hookers hell i had only discovered wankin. Could tjat mean i carry the virus? In past when haveing check ups at docs they have never said i had something allways gave me thumbs up.

Yes, you carry the herpes simplex virus most typically HSV-type 1, more commonly known as Coldsores. HSV1 is the common cause of cold sores wheras HSV2 is more responsible for Genital Herpes, however they are interchangeable and it is possible for a HSV negative person to contract the virus from oral sex and you can actually get HSV1 or HSV2 on either your mouth or genitals.

However once you have never had an outbreak in your genitals you do not have Herpes in your genitals only in your mouth. Having HSV-1 also acts slightly in your favour as there is slightly less risk of contracting HSV-2. Whenever you have an outbreak of coldsores you should never perform oral sex on a person as you could pass your oral herpes into her genitals giving her genital herpes, avoid kissing and sharing drinking utensils or anything coming to contact with your mouth to avoid spreading the cold sores also. You could even self infect yourself eg. if you picked the coldsore on your lip and then rubbed your penis with an unwashed hand, it is unlikely due to your immune system but the more precautions you take with Hepres the better.

I myself suffer from cold sores and usually get 3 to 5 outbreaks a year and have had three close together this spring but have not had an outbreak now for three months. I usually get them when I am run down and I got two in January when I caught swine flue and was really ill and my immune system run down, I had another outbreak after my return from LOS in March which again was due to being run down and eating crap food like McDonalds in Thailand and then returning to a cold and wet climate after three weeks of bliss. Alot of STI tests do not test for Herpes and if they do they may only be looking for HSV-2, a virus you are quite unlikely to have.

Thanks guys for an update on STD's.

Years ago went to the clinic every time had an exposure and the docter, an elderly one got fed up of seeing me so he gave me a sermon based on " Do not have sex specially after drinking and if you must make sure you use the cap"

Never picked nothing nasty since then as I took his advise, had few tests since.

Still BBBJ though and will get screened when back.

Thanks Butcher Abdulla (sorry if got name wrong) for detailed article.

Yes, you carry the herpes simplex virus most typically HSV-type 1, more commonly known as Coldsores. HSV1 is the common cause of cold sores wheras HSV2 is more responsible for Genital Herpes, however they are interchangeable and it is possible for a HSV negative person to contract the virus from oral sex and you can actually get HSV1 or HSV2 on either your mouth or genitals.

However once you have never had an outbreak in your genitals you do not have Herpes in your genitals only in your mouth. Having HSV-1 also acts slightly in your favour as there is slightly less risk of contracting HSV-2. Whenever you have an outbreak of coldsores you should never perform oral sex on a person as you could pass your oral herpes into her genitals giving her genital herpes, avoid kissing and sharing drinking utensils or anything coming to contact with your mouth to avoid spreading the cold sores also. You could even self infect yourself eg. if you picked the coldsore on your lip and then rubbed your penis with an unwashed hand, it is unlikely due to your immune system but the more precautions you take with Hepres the better.

I myself suffer from cold sores and usually get 3 to 5 outbreaks a year and have had three close together this spring but have not had an outbreak now for three months. I usually get them when I am run down and I got two in January when I caught swine flue and was really ill and my immune system run down, I had another outbreak after my return from LOS in March which again was due to being run down and eating crap food like McDonalds in Thailand and then returning to a cold and wet climate after three weeks of bliss. Alot of STI tests do not test for Herpes and if they do they may only be looking for HSV-2, a virus you are quite unlikely to have.

Have not had any cold sores for over 15 yrs now even when run down or ill,have never had any issues with genitals (touch wood) as the saying goes dont risk it for a biscuit.

I went down on just about every Thai girl I had during my last visit. I enjoy it, mostly so do they and it helps to get them wet. It is probably

the riskiest thing I do, I guess more so than BBBJ, which is just about standard, not just in Thailand, but also in all the German FKK's I

frequent at home. I guess we are all playing the % game. If you choose to bareback in penetrative sex then your % goes up, but it does not mean

you will definitely catch stuff. I have never barebacked a prostitute, that one crosses the line for me, but what I do is definitely not risk free.

But every year there is a % chance of catching cancer, getting run over etc, we are all just bumping that % up in what we do.

I asked a few of the girls if most of their customers went down on them, and for the most part they said it was very common, so I am probably

an average risk taker in this hobby.

Dude, enjoy, but going down on a BG is about the most lamebrained idea I have heard. Only thing riskier would be full-on unprotected sex. The receiver is always more vulnerable to infection than the pitcher.

Dude, enjoy, but going down on a BG is about the most lamebrained idea I have heard. Only thing riskier would be full-on unprotected sex. The receiver is always more vulnerable to infection than the pitcher.

Why? I assumed everyone who enjoys sex goes down on girls?

• 4 weeks later...

I've gone down on hundreds of girls and caught nothing from it, unprotected sex is a different matter though...

Edited by unlucky1

I've gone down on hundreds of girls and caught nothing from it, unprotected sex is a different matter though...

Going down on BGs is unprotected sex. If a gal has GC or NSU in her vagina then you will soon have it in your throat.

And BJs can transmit STDs, I know because I had a BJ in Patts and caught NSU which I promptly gave to my missis.

Making contact with a sex worker's bodily fluids carries the risk of infection. But I have read the HIV virus cannot survive for long in the human mouth and stomach, so it seems we're safe from the big one.

In my younger day's I never wore a raincoat, and I made several ports of call too. I was lucky not to catch anything. I do wear them now, even for a B.J.. Now kissing on the shaft and the kiwi twins is another thing. I did slip up a couple of years ago. Did a sweat test, and all was okay. I hear guy's bragging about going bareback. I have even heard them saying when they get to a certain age they will no longer use protection. I would hate to catch anything at any age, and I would hate to pass on anything to anyone else. While we are on the subject of protection. I could never go down on a working girl. I have seen guy's do it at the bars for years. Usually a very drunk individual. I just never been that drunk I guess. I do like doing that, however it just doesn't seem to be the safest thing to do. We are being risky to begin with by having sex with these fine young ladies. I have trouble kissing some of the girls on the lips to begin with. I just don't want to be tasting some other guy. LOL

I just got the all clear from my blood tests today.I used condoms all but my last morning.I licked out all the girls from GOGO Jacuzzis ,short time ,long time ,Bliss and Soi 6.I couldn't help myself.Mind you I had a good sniff first and made sure there were not blisters or discharge. :MonkeyFight:

Dunno1.gif which protection can i use for oral sex DATY ?????

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!