IGNORED

cheap fare for Aussies

richie11

Just saw return airfares on Malaysian $600 return from sydney and Brisbane, 1 stopover at kuala lumpa

from sydney

going over 6 hour stopover

return 2 hour stopover

From Brisbane

Going over 2 hour stopover

return 12 hour stopover

Well if you can handle the stop over its a pretty good fare. Not sure about the 12 hour stop over on the way back though, maybe a chance to have a quick look around KL?

Thanks for sharing Richie

If you want a cheaper fare AirAsia are having a massive 3 day sale starting this Tuesday at 2pm

I booked return to BKK from MEL on Jetstar direct for a touch over $400 a month ago

would u really worry about a stop over on the way home? Good time to try and get in a couple more women before u get back to reality :-)

Edited by DanTheMan

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

Got Melbourne to Bkk with 2 hour stopovers each way so I was happy enough with that.

Was $620. Checked Air Asia and it was $770 for same dates + any add ons.

Now the countdown begins....:P

Just saw return airfares on Malaysian $600 return from sydney and Brisbane, 1 stopover at kuala lumpa

from sydney

going over 6 hour stopover

return 2 hour stopover

From Brisbane

Going over 2 hour stopover

return 12 hour stopover

just booked auckland to bkk on malaysian just an hour stop over both ways return $769 NZD

Yep,

Deal is good through Malaysia!!! Can't fukin believe it - MEL to BKK [RETURN] Got it for less than $597.00AU

Stopover in KL should be a breeze because, as soon as you get into KL, you basically have 50 minutes to kill until they start boarding you on the flight for BKK. You actually end up arriving earlier in BKK than the 2 normally scheduled MEL-BKK flights operated by; Thai.

Break down is as follows;

********************************************************************************************************

Booking Period: 20 May 2011 - 30 May 2011

For Travel Periods: (15 Jul 2011 - 26 Sep 2011) / (09 Oct 2011 - 17 Nov 2011) / (15 Jan 2012 - 31 Mar 2012)

* All travel must be completed by; 15 April 2012.

Must depart from; Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth & Adelaide

********************************************************************************************************

Word of warning though...

You better be fukin quick though boys as I went back to; malaysiaairlines.com and did the exact same flight quote not 15 minutes after I had already booked and discovered that the price had shot up to $897.00 Return. Thank fukin god that I saw richie111 and goldcoastjon's posts. Otherwise it was going to be a Return flight on Thai for about; $1,237.00AU

Just goes to show you that the guys on this site really do know their stuff!!!

Happy Travels!!!

Rawky xx

Jetstar has return direct flights MEL-BKK for approx $680 from mid July after the school holidays through August. I've flown with MAS via KL and its fine too, getting into BKK around 11am.

For those MAS fares, scour the online flight websites as I noticed that some did not have the best connections, ie long day wait in KL or even an overnight, which adds accomm costs.

I flew on Malaysia Air on my first trip with a stop over each way.

I gotta tell you that it was horrible waiting those 4-6 hour at KL on the flight back!

Since then I ALWAYS fly direct....It's worth it for another $2-$300.

I have 2 weeks leave confirmed now for September just waiting for the right flights now.

There is a really good iPhone App called Skyscanner that I check once or twice a day.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 2 months later...

I just booked a flight Sydney to Bangkok in October with Emirates, $800 return. Not too bad for a flight out of Sydney considering Thai Airways were quoting me $1500 on the same dates that I am flying.

I booked through Expedia leaving on the 3rd returning on the 13th if anyone else is looking for a cheap flight around that time.

Edited by jorde_777