Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

$300US baggage charge for golf clubs on ANA

whonotme

I have an Air Canada flight to Bangkok and return. The first leg of the return flight uses a codeshare flight from Bangkok to Narita with nippon Air (ANA) who instituted new rules for baggage on April 1, 2011. Under the new rules the fee for transporting a set of golf clubs went from free to $300. Has anyone taken this flight and been charged this new fee? Are other airlines doing the same

Unfortunately the days of taking your golf clubs with you when we travel overseas is gone. (unless you have shit (loads of money)

I took my clubs in a light travel bag to Cypress via Singapore, Bangkok and London. Every time I got on a plane I was hit with extra costs. Never again, my golf is not that good and you can usually get pretty good hire clubs at most venues. Now I wear light weight golf shoes, carry a few packets of Tees and a few Golf balls.

Still enjoy my game and can always blame the new clubs if I hit a bad shot. :Flying:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Now that they charge excessive fees,those that use golf as a cover can now skip dragging the clubs along for show.

there is a new venture involeving paul mcginley but its in europe so far malga airport faro/dublin and soon edinburh where you hire the clubs at the airport and return them on the way back they have taylor made clubs at the moment and prices are from 35 euro for one week which is pretty good the web address is www.clubstohire.com

Golf clubs still free on Emirates!!

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

• 4 weeks later...

I have an Air Canada flight to Bangkok and return. The first leg of the return flight uses a codeshare flight from Bangkok to Narita with nippon Air (ANA) who instituted new rules for baggage on April 1, 2011. Under the new rules the fee for transporting a set of golf clubs went from free to $300. Has anyone taken this flight and been charged this new fee? Are other airlines doing the same

I have made the return flight with Nippon Air, and they did not charge extra for the golf clubs, despite what their website says

I love my sticks dearly, but I never get on a plane with 'em. Skis either. Who wants to drag the fuckers around or risk getting them lost or damaged ? wj

Wow $300 is more thank what I actually paid for my clubs!

Then again I am not a golfing enthusiast and only the occasional weekend hacker.

I think maybe it would be better to hire when there and just play with inferior clubs.

At least then you will not have to worry about your clubs being stolen etc in Pattaya also.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I've flown with China Airlines and United Airlines, neither charged additional fees for golf clubs (I have a hard travel case). I believe ANA uses United airlines for their flights from the US to Bangkok so I'm not sure why they would charge extra. $300 additional for a set of clubs is ridiculous!

edit: Just checked United's site in case they had any recent updates and the policies are the same. You are allowed (2) checked bags for international flights. Your golf clubs can count as (1) of the checked bags. That's how I travel and I've never had any issues. I have my (1) carry on backpack, (1) checked bag for clothes/items, (1) checked bag which is my golf clubs.

Edited by FreeSki

Someday, somebody will ski that

is your ticket booked on Air canada ? if so you should follow air canada baggage rules .

call them to confirm

• 4 weeks later...

is your ticket booked on Air canada ? if so you should follow air canada baggage rules .

call them to confirm

• 2 weeks later...

If Air Canada accepted the clubs with no charge then you won't have any drama with the code share ANA flight.. but... on your return leg you could be charged (most likely not).

Cheers,

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

I love my sticks dearly, but I never get on a plane with 'em. Skis either. Who wants to drag the fuckers around or risk getting them lost or damaged ? wj

My Taylor mades have more air miles than most folks.. ;) Like my Amex I don't leave home without them.

Cheers,

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?