Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need help choosing my hotel

collector

I am thinking I might go with the Pattaya Bay Resort, it looks nice and it is close to Walking Street, but it is a little pricier than I would have liked. If anyone could recommend one that you have stayed at I would appreciate it, and reviews of the Pattaya Bay Resort would be nice to.

(No joiner fee and a shower and A/C would be nice)

I've stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort and found it to be too secluded for my taste. I'm the type of guy who likes to surrounded by bars (i.e. girls). Also, I think it's overpriced for what you get.

Have you considered staying at a guesthouse? There are some very nice ones (ex. Metro Apartments, Armageddon) for under 1,000 baht.

I have a friend who has apartments in Jomtien 5 mins away on taxi bike or baht bus from all the maddnes,they are quality I stayed there myself last 3 weeks if your interested pm me

I seem to keep going back to Secrets, other than the lack of a swimming pool it has everything I need and under 1000b

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

Mate, I'm in Patts now and did a bit of research for my next trip (as I always do).

First, note that I do not consider the Pattaya Bay Resort realy near Walking Street.

If you realy like WS, you'd better stay IN Walking Street. Don't worry about the noise. You won't be sleeping at night, will you ? Anyway, there are some places with rooms under 1,000b that are a bit quiet.

You can try Jasmine Hotel. If you're used to Guest houses, could be nice.

But I checked a room at the The green view Hotel yesterday. For 800 or 900b depending the season, the rooms are realy good. It is located just in front of What's up agogo but I've read on this board somewhere that it was quiet. I think next time I will give it a go.

If you're not looking particulary at staying in WS, what about Billabong guest house ?

The most important for you is to be near the main bus route so you can go everywhere without walking.

Edited by jojomecanic

Can anyone recommend a hotel room costing around 600B with swimming pool, wifi or cable internet and room safe?

I seem to keep going back to Secrets, other than the lack of a swimming pool it has everything I need and under 1000b

Yeah, stayed there recently... I found it not bad too...

Can anyone recommend a hotel room costing around 600B with swimming pool, wifi or cable internet and room safe?

Nice one in Surin apparently.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Residence Garden hotel on Thappraya Road. 1450 per night for 1 bedroom apt via FLB Bar Website. Plenty of songtaew baht buses going by to both Pattaya and Jomtien. 5 min easy walk to Walking Street and only a few minutes ride back on motorcy taxi. Good if you like to do Jomtien Beach daytime and pattaya night time

I wouldn't worry too much about the location of Pattaya Bay Resort (or most others) - Baht buses and motorcycle taxis will shrink Pattaya. I found PBR to Walking Street walkable in 15 mins although many resent walking more than 100 yards - up to the individual. It's not my favourite hotel (there are a number of threads on here about it), but well-placed for Soi Buakhao, LK Metro and Lengkee.

August Suites gets some favourable mentions and I enjoyed my stay in Areca Evergreen (great pool). However, if PBR is too pricy, you are looking at guesthouse type of accomodation - the new China Garden in Soi Lengkee looks well-appointed and keenly-priced.

I think it's easier to find a virgin in WS; by the way usually u have to spend around 1100 B during the low season to get those things. Try Sabai resort u will enjoy it: swimming pool/wifi/safe

The cheapest I have been quoted is Sabai Lodge ( send them an email ) for a Standard room iot was 700 Baht. I took the Superior at 850 Baht and that was pritty basic, no balcony and little natural light.

The pools are good, WiFi was variable, good by the pool and in reception poor in the room.

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs less. ~Brendan Francis, Playboy, 1985

We yust came from pattaya and stayd at the www.manitahotel.com this hotel was realy nice hotel and never any question if you had a girl with you home. They also have a 24h open swimming pool. So I will realy recommend this hotel to everyone that like to be under the radar.

Can not wait for the 13th of jun. Than im back in Pattaya. Must time go away fast and slow down when im in Pattaya

Mate, I'm in Patts now and did a bit of research for my next trip (as I always do).

First, note that I do not consider the Pattaya Bay Resort realy near Walking street.

If you realy like WS, you'd better stay IN Walking street. Don't worry about the noise. You won't be sleeping at night, will you ? Anyway, there are some places with rooms under 1,000b that are a bit quiet.

You can try Jasmine Hotel. If you're used to Guest houses, could be nice.

But I checked a room at the The green view Hotel yesterday. For 800 or 900b depending the season, the rooms are realy good. It is located just in front of What's up agogo but I've read on this board somewhere that it was quiet. I think next time I will give it a go.

If you're not looking particulary at staying in WS, what about Billabong guest house ?

The most important for you is to be near the main bus route so you can go everywhere without walking.

2 others i stayed before.

1. THE GRAND hotel.Inside SOI 14 from WS,20 meters on the left side.

2. WHITE ROSE 2 hotel.Inside a small SOI at P72 to 2 RD,40 meters on the right side.

Both under 1000 Bath.

Have a look and see what you will like.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

2 others i stayed before.

1. THE GRAND HOTEL.Inside SOI 14 from WS,20 meters on the left side.

2. WHITE ROSE 2 HOTEL.Inside a small SOI at P72 to 2 RD,40 meters on the right side.

Both under 1000 Bath.

Have a look and see what you will like.Cheers mate.

I tried to have a look at a room in Grand hotel but never could, except the small one on first floor. Nearly no window, a bit crappy. I may like to stay on the upper floors but would like a report about it. Have you got any pics ?

I also looked at the white rose 2. Good bargain around 600b or maybe under. Just a few meters further, there is an other one with rooms from 400b !

In that soi, there is also an Express Laundry that cleans clothes within 3 or 4 hours with no extra charge where others would charge double price for under 24h. quite usefull.