IGNORED

A-One Royal Cruise Hotel - double or single to be Guest Friendly?

trousers169

hi guys.....

this may be a stupid question....but would appreciate answers before i book

we're looking to stay at this hotel next month and have managed to find reasonable rates....

i see from the various postings that the hotel is definately "guest friendly" and am led to believe there is no joiners fee.

however, my question is this.....

do i have to book a room for 2 person accupancy or not?...i.e. if i book room for single accupancy and try to bring a girl back will i get charged extra? do i need to book double occupancy to in effect become "guest friendly" without incurring problems or extra costs?

i think you know where i'm coming from....

thanks in advance for your replies.....

hi guys.....

we're looking to stay at this hotel next month and have managed to find reasonable rates....

i see from the various postings that the hotel is definately "guest friendly" and am led to believe there is no joiners fee.

do i have to book a room for 2 person accupancy or not?...i.e. if i book room for single accupancy and try to bring a girl back will i get charged extra? do i need to book double occupancy to in effect become "guest friendly" without incurring problems or extra costs?

I've never heard anything good about this place, why are you determined to stay there?

I've never heard anything good about this place, why are you determined to stay there?

i emailed this hotel and asked...they said their policy is now to charge a joiner fee for your "companion" as they put it...of.........1000 BAHTS.....that right...1000 BAHTS!!!

so looking for somewhere else now.....

considering Sabai....want ground floor or elevator....not sure which rooms to go for. any comments?

OR

Sunshine Vista Serviced Apartments. any comments?

The sabai lodge ( sabai wing) is in the same soi. I have stayed twice, and they couldn't have been nicer... no joiner fee, nice shady pool, really pleasant and helpfull staff... good food, and a nice bar. They do a "sunset room" at the west end of the building that is excellent... laptop sized room safes, and always very clean.

And they make your guests feel welcome... instead of asking for more money... no joiner fee.

Can't say fairer than that!

Murgatroyd

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

The sabai lodge ( sabai wing) is in the same soi. I have stayed twice, and they couldn't have been nicer... no joiner fee, nice shady pool, really pleasant and helpfull staff... good food, and a nice bar. They do a "sunset room" at the west end of the building that is excellent... laptop sized room safes, and always very clean.

And they make your guests feel welcome... instead of asking for more money... no joiner fee.

Can't say fairer than that!

Murgatroyd

hi

re the sabai.....what rooms to stay in...sabai sunset....reun thai , etc?

I like the sunset rooms, better balcony, sun lounger, and a brighter, bigger room.

Also wifi, though I've not used it myself.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I like the sunset rooms, better balcony, sun lounger, and a brighter, bigger room.

Also wifi, though I've not used it myself.

i read on another posting that a tall biulding has been erected which blocked the sunset rooms views/sun.

is thisa true...i'm not bothered about views...but would be nice to sit on balcopny in the sun on your own lounger though

It's true that the sunset view is interupted, but the tall buildings are at least 100 yds away... so no big deal.

i emailed this hotel and asked...they said their policy is now to charge a joiner fee for your "companion" as they put it...of.........1000 BAHTS.....that right...1000 BAHTS!!!

so looking for somewhere else now.....

considering Sabai....want ground floor or elevator....not sure which rooms to go for. any comments?

OR

Sunshine Vista Serviced Apartments. any comments?

I've taken a deluxe room in the older wing several times and it's fine for me but the rooms are a little dark. I've always liked the looks of the rooms around the dolphin pool.

• 1 year later...
hi guys.....

Stayed there in June 2008 I can confirm that there is definately a 1000bht joiners fee for bringing girl(s) back to A-One Royal

Its a very nice hotel apart from that.

Stayed there in June 2008 I can confirm that there is definately a 1000bht joiners fee for bringing girl(s) back to A-One Royal

Its a very nice hotel apart from that.

Edited by irishlas

The A-One definately is not the place to go, it's way to expensive, is not guest friendly (without a price), and has little charges that will eat at your wallet. I.E. room service!

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

mate , i stayed there last october for 2 weeks and to be honest i thought it was shit for what i paid, the room service is crap, the security are shit houses, and the place is over run by childish japanese and koreans who think its fun to play chase around the hotel at 4am.

The only good thing i can say about the place is the BBQ they do of a night....and that really is all.

Without a family a rich man is very poor