IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Is that the first time , you will not go this summer ? Will Everton Change a manager before the new season start , will be awkward because it usually takes few years to gel the team to win things , nowadays , they sack the manager within a year if they don't win something ... A disgrace , look at Sir Alex , took him four years to win his first trophy ( FA cup 1990) .

Yes this is the first time Ive not gone in the summer.  Ive been visiting Thailand since 1992 and Ive gone there every summer.  I used to visit Thailand once a year.  And in 2005 I started going there 2 times a year.  First visit in the summer and 2nd visit in December of Christmas and New Year.  As you know Jocky I took early retirement in 2013.  And I continued to go 2 times a year.  Sadly I cannot to continue going 2 times a year.  My pension wont stretch to 2 visits.  As I prefer Christmas/New year to the summer I've decided to go at that time for 28 nights.  This means I will miss a few Everton games.

About our manager he's now been our manager for 3 years.  And even though our squad seems to be getting stronger our performances are getting worse.  In his first season has manager we finished 5th.  Second season we finished 11th and this season we could finish even lower.  And our style of play can be very frustrating to watch.  And the managers subtitutions have been very strange.  So a lot of Evertonians are now starting to get frustrated with the manager.  People might point to the fact that we got to the semi's of the Capitol cup and FA Cup but a true reflection of how a team is doing is where they finish in the league.  And our league position gets worse each season.

Its going to be a hard decision for the board.  Should we keep the manager for another season or get rid now??

We've got a new guy who our board who owns 49.9 per cent of Everton and he has said he will invest a lot of money in the summer.  He has to decide if he can trust out current manager with the money

And I forgot to mention is my last posting that last night I renewed my season ticket for next season.  As usual I got the season ticket during the early bird period.  After the early bird period the price goes up.

And Everton have reduced there season ticket prices.  This seasons season ticket cost me £599 but next seasons ticket will only cost me £565.

With all this money coming into football from television etc etc I wonder how many other clubs have reduced there prices for next season

Leicester and Liverpool frozen season ticket prices

Didnt Liverpool fans protest during one of the games recently because Liverpool were going to charge has much as £77 for some of there seats next season??

Didnt Liverpool fans protest during one of the games recently because Liverpool were going to charge has much as £77 for some of there seats next season??

It was only for about 300 tickets in new main stand, they had actually reduced a lot of other ticket prices but with the amount of tv money about to roll in it was still unnecessary.

The owners thought again, saw sense and reduced the higher prices tickets and also froze prices for a couple of years.

The admitted they were wrong and underestimated the fans.

It was against Sunderland, estimates reckon that 20-25% walked out.

That is some statement

It was against Sunderland, estimates reckon that 20-25% walked out.

That is some statement

I agree Lloydies it was some statement but Liverpool Season Tickets are still expensive

My Season Ticket for next season at Early Bird prices is £565 if I had paid for it later at non early bird prices it would have cost £680 and my season ticket for the Park End is Evertons most expensive season ticket.

Compare it to Liverpools

Main Stand (Most Expensive) £869

Kop (Least Expensive)  £685

So my Season Ticket is £304 cheaper than your Main Stand

I agree Lloydies it was some statement but Liverpool Season Tickets are still expensive

My Season Ticket for next season at Early Bird prices is £565 if I had paid for it later at non early bird prices it would have cost £680 and my season ticket for the Park End is Evertons most expensive season ticket.

Compare it to Liverpools

Main Stand (Most Expensive) £869

Kop (Least Expensive)  £685

So my Season Ticket is £304 cheaper than your Main Stand

I agree you are a lot cheaper, the trouble is that our lot know they can get more and there are plenty of people to take the places of anyone who decides not to renew.

I suppose we just have to be thankful for the price freeze and that we are not Arsenal  :LOL2:

I agree you are a lot cheaper, the trouble is that our lot know they can get more and there are plenty of people to take the places of anyone who decides not to renew.

I suppose we just have to be thankful for the price freeze and that we are not Arsenal  :LOL2:

I agree with you we should be thankful we are not Arsenal.  They are now a very expensive team to watch

I've said before, and I know it's just Swansea :-), but Season Ticket prices have been frozen since we got to the PL and and actually went down last season despite a waiting list. My Mother's OAP rate is under £300. Adults start at £419.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I agree with you we should be thankful we are not Arsenal.  They are now a very expensive team to watch

With not too much to show for it

I've said before, and I know it's just Swansea :-), but Season Ticket prices have been frozen since we got to the PL and and actually went down last season despite a waiting list. My Mother's OAP rate is under £300. Adults start at £419.

Rogers back soon yeah?

With not too much to show for it

Rogers back soon yeah?

I bloody hope not.

Mark Hughes being touted as the next Everton manager, what do you think Blue?

................................................................................................................

Mark Hughes being touted as the next Everton manager, what do you think Blue?

Mick my thoughts are that he isnt the man for the job.  The Everton job will be to big for him

Mick my thoughts are that he isnt the man for the job. The Everton job will be to big for him

Gotta agree , his CV is not that impressive .... What about Rodgers ?

Edited by jocky king

Everton needs to think bigger than Hughes.  Can they get a hot manager from Spain?  Simeone, Emery or Marcelino?

Everton once again showing their class with this programme cover for tomorrow's match.

I'm really made up that Justice is finally being done for the Liverpool fans that died

I don't normally buy programmes but I might buy one today

Today Everton are at home to Bournemouth and if its a repeat of the game at there ground it'll be some game.  At there ground the game ended 3 - 3.  We were 2 nil up and they got it back to 2 - 2.  Then we went 3 - 2 up in injury time and then Bournemouth got there equalizer in the 8th minute of injury time.

Today is Everton's 2nd to last home game of the season and I will be driving to the game.  My mate Nick will be driving to the last game.  So I wont be driving again till next season

I'm really made up that Justice is finally being done for the Liverpool fans that died

I don't normally buy programmes but I might buy one today

I would appreciate it if you could get me one please.

Will happily send you the money to cover it plus postage and if we are ever in Thailand at the same time a few beers will be a pleasure too.

Will happily send you the money to cover it plus postage and if we are ever in Thailand at the same time a few beers will be a pleasure too.

Lloydies I didn't see this posting till now. 

If I had seen it before I left home for the game I would have gladly got you a programme and I would have happily posted it to you.

If we are ever in Thailand at the same time we can still have a beer together and talk football

You can buy one online and get it delivered:

http://www.sportmediashop.com/products/details/everton_single_issues/efc-matchday-programme-2015-16/

Lloydies I didn't see this posting till now. 

If I had seen it before I left home for the game I would have gladly got you a programme and I would have happily posted it to you.

If we are ever in Thailand at the same time we can still have a beer together and talk football

:Cheers9:  :Beer2:  :Drunk:  :Whistle:

Nice work Sir

The things you learn from PA is immense

Well we won 2 - 1 yesterday which is a rare home league win this season. So last night I was able to enjoy my beer last night at the Woodland pub