Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Back in the 70's and 80's when british teams were winning lots of European competitions the english teams mainly had british players in there squads.  And the teams had british managers.  And the english club sides bought players from lower division clubs.  Money stayed in England.  And taking Liverpool has an example they bought Ian Rush from Chester and Kevin Keegan from Scunthorpe.

Nowadays we buy players from not only europe but the rest of the world as well.  So great talent from the lower leagues are not getting a chance and teams in the lower leagues are not getting the money from transfers that is very important to them.  And I would also say that maybe the english clubs are not as sucessful nowadays as we were in the past but thats another story.

Recently Howard Kendall dies at the age of 69.  And 30 years ago (1985) he put together a great squad of british players that nearly won the treble.  Everton won the league and European cup winners cup and reached the final of the FA Cup.  In fact Howard Kendall is the last English manager to win a European trophy

Alex Ferguson won the UCL, don't you consider him English/British. I know he's a Scot.

I wouldn't say that the lower tier teams are not getting their share of the pie, you bought Stones from Barnsley for 3mil. The core of the current England team is made up of players from Southampton, Tottenham who all brought these players either from lower leagues or from their own academies.

Admittedly, football has changed since the 70-80's but that is something happening to everything in the world. More interconnected & globalized world this days. 

................................................................................................................

Alex Ferguson won the UCL, don't you consider him English/British. I know he's a Scot.

I wouldn't say that the lower tier teams are not getting their share of the pie, you bought Stones from Barnsley for 3mil. The core of the current England team is made up of players from Southampton, Tottenham who all brought these players either from lower leagues or from their own academies.

Admittedly, football has changed since the 70-80's but that is something happening to everything in the world. More interconnected & globalized world this days. 

Hi Mick yes Alex Ferguson is a Scot so he is British.  The point I was making was that Howard Kendall was the last Englishman to win a European club trophy.  And all the Everton players that won the competition back in 1985 were british.  Nowadays a lot of players in the premier league are not british.

So here is a question for you Mick are English clubs now less succesful nowadays because of the amount of foriegn players in the premier league.  In 1985 when we won the ECWC we played Bayern Munich in the semi's.  The first leg was in Germany and ended 0 - 0.  In the 2nd leg at Goodison Park Everton won 3 - 1.  And Bayern Munich could not cope with the way Everton played. They were playing in a very british way.  A physical way.  And Bayern's manage/coach during the 2nd half went over to the dug out and complained to Howard Kendall about the way we were playing. Howard just laughed at him and told him to go away

I was at Wembley in 1986 watching Liverpool beat Everton and Liverpool didn't have an English player on the pitch. I didn't think that was typical of the day.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I was at Wembley in 1986 watching Liverpool beat Everton and Liverpool didn't have an English player on the pitch. I didn't think that was typical of the day.

I was also at the game and it was sad seeing us get beat by Liverpool. 

In Everton's starting line up there were 7 english men, 2 welshmen, 1 scotish and 1 Irish man

Last Saturday Everton played Bournmorth at there ground.  We should have won but ended up with just 1 point.  At half time we were 2 - 0 and by far the better team BUT in the 2nd half we sat back and thought we would easily win.  They got back to 2 - 2 and even then we should have won because we got our 3rd goal in the 5th minute of added time.  We should never have lt them get a 3rd goal

Last Saturday Everton played Bournmorth at there ground.  We should have won but ended up with just 1 point.  At half time we were 2 - 0 and by far the better team BUT in the 2nd half we sat back and thought we would easily win.  They got back to 2 - 2 and even then we should have won because we got our 3rd goal in the 5th minute of added time.  We should never have lt them get a 3rd goal

I thought Bournemouth deserved that point, an entertaining game for sure.

................................................................................................................

I thought Bournemouth deserved that point, an entertaining game for sure.

I think in the end Bournmouth deserved a point BUT I am disappointed with Evertons 2nd half performance.  In the first half Everton were by far the better team.  They went 2 - 0 up and it could have been more.  And they never let Bournmouth settle on the ball But in the 2nd half they thought they had the game won and sat back which is something you should never do.  And Bourmouth to there credit took full advantage

Tonight Everton are at Middlesborough in the Q/Finals of the Capital Cup.  Its going to be a very tough game because Middlesborough are playing well this season.  Everton have sold there full allocation of 5000 tickets so they will have great support tonight.  Hopefully with 5000 fans cheering them on they will get the win.

Good win last night at .Middlesborough.  And both Everton goals were good goals.

Hopefully we will get a good draw in the semi's

Good win last night at .Middlesborough.  And both Everton goals were good goals.

Hopefully we will get a good draw in the semi's

A mersey derby would suit the neutrals!

A mersey derby would suit the neutrals!

Save that for the final

Save that for the final

Well us and Liverpool have been kept apart so we must get an all merseyside cup final

The first leg of the semi against Manchester City at Goodison is during the week commencing Monday 4th January.  I dont get home from Thailand till Tuesday 5th so I hope the game is on Wednesday 6th.

If the game is on the 5th I'll still be able to get there but I will be feeling very knackered.

I actually think the game will be on the Wednesday because we play Spurs at Goodison on the Sunday.

Well us and Liverpool have been kept apart so we must get an all merseyside cup final

The first leg of the semi against Manchester City at Goodison is during the week commencing Monday 4th January.  I dont get home from Thailand till Tuesday 5th so I hope the game is on Wednesday 6th.

If the game is on the 5th I'll still be able to get there but I will be feeling very knackered.

I actually think the game will be on the Wednesday because we play Spurs at Goodison on the Sunday.

Both semis are on Tue 5 Jan at 19.45.

Let's hope for a derby final after the second leg.

Both semis are on Tue 5 Jan at 19.45.

Let's hope for a derby final after the second leg.

eanto I am pretty sure that Everton's semi is on the 6th Jan

Looking forward to Monday's game against Crystal Palace.  Two wide open teams (shaky defenses).  They do miss Jagielka.  When both he and Stones were starting they looked rock solid. 

prediction:  3-2 Everton

Looking forward to Monday's game against Crystal Palace.  Two wide open teams (shaky defenses).  They do miss Jagielka.  When both he and Stones were starting they looked rock solid. 

prediction:  3-2 Everton

I will be at Goodison Park on Monday night.  The Palace game will be my last game before I fly to Thailand.  It will be a tough game but I think we will win.  Everton have been scoring a few goals in recent games and I think they can continue on Monday night.  So it all depends on how they do in defence

Today is an interesting day.

At about 7pm the draw for the 3rd Round of the FA Cup is being made and hopefully Everton will get a home draw

And at 8pm Everton are playing Crystal Palace at Goodison Park.  And it'll be my last game before I fly off to Thailand for Christmas and New Year

Ive Lukaku as my fantasy football captain so looking for some goals from him tonight?. Need a big performance against a good Palace side. How much do you pay for your season ticket? Enjoy the game

Edited by mcginley

Lukaku could have had a hat-trick, a point apiece is fair game in the end I  guess.

Lukaku could have had a hat-trick, a point apiece is fair game in the end I  guess.

He shot that hit the crossbar was unreal. Sign him up in January

Edited by mcginley

Ive Lukaku as my fantasy football captain so looking for some goals from him tonight?. Need a big performance against a good Palace side. How much do you pay for your season ticket? Enjoy the game

Because I bought my season ticket early I only paid £599

And it was a very good game last night.  There could easily have been more than the 2 goals that were scored

Today its Leighton Baines Birthday

leighton baines.jpg

Englands best left back

Happy 31st Birthday Leighton

Well tomorrow Everton are away to Norwich and its live on BT Sport.  So it will be kicking off at 12:45pm.

I'm flying to Thailand early Sunday morning so I will be watching the game on tv and as soon as the match ends at around 2:30pm I will be packing my suitcase.  I'm hoping for a win tomorrow to put me in a good mood for my holiday

COYB

ETID

NSNO

Well tomorrow Everton are away to Norwich and its live on BT Sport.  So it will be kicking off at 12:45pm.

I'm flying to Thailand early Sunday morning so I will be watching the game on tv and as soon as the match ends at around 2:30pm I will be packing my suitcase.  I'm hoping for a win tomorrow to put me in a good mood for my holiday

COYB

ETID

NSNO

Blue, nobody's ever been in a BAD mood going to Pattaya!

Blue, nobody's ever been in a BAD mood going to Pattaya!

eanto I agree with you nobody's ever in a bad mood going to Pattaya BUT an away win tomorrow will put me in an even better mood.

A blues win will put me in an extra good mood for some RED hot fun