IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Get a job 5555

Never   55555

I love not working 55555

Enjoyed that game thought Sunderland were the better team for large parts of the game. Could have been 2 up before the madness started

Sunderland hit the woodwork twice before we scored our first goal. 

So it could have been a very different game had they gone ahead first

Sunderlands defence was very poor and they need to do something otherwise they will be going down this season

Never   55555

I love not working 55555

I often wonder how I ever had time to work!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I often wonder how I ever had time to work!

eanto I know what you mean

I took early retirement just over 2 years ago and ever since then I've wondered how I managed to find the time to work

Anyway tomorrow Everton are playing in London against West Ham United.

Its going to be a tough game but Everton will take heart from last weeks win against Sunderland.

Hopefully if our defence can play well I think Lukaku and Kone will give the West Ham defence a lot of problems and we can get a good result

No Jagielka = vulnerable! I think Martinez would take a 2-2 draw.

No Jagielka = vulnerable! I think Martinez would take a 2-2 draw.

Yes Jagielka is a big miss but on Saturday our defence did well.  Young Stones got the better of Carroll.  And I think Everton deserved there 1 - 1 draw

Did you Know

Neville Southall holds the record for the most Everton appearances - he played 751 first-team matches between 1981 and 1997.

• 2 weeks later...

Its now Friday and I am looking forward to Everton's match tomorrow against Aston Villa.  And its being played at Goodison Park so I will be there.

Everton V Aston Villa is the most played league fixture in English football having played each other 200 times.  So its the only fixture to reach a double century.

For information purposes only listed below are the fixtures that come in 2nd to 10th place

(2) Everton V Liverpool

(3) Arsenal V Manchester United

(4) Everton V Arsenal

(5) Arsenal V Liverpool

(6) Aston Villa V Liverpool 

(7) Arsenal V Manchester City

(8)  Arsenal V Aston Villa

(9) Everton V Manchester United

(10)  Aston Villa V Sunderland

So Everton are involved in 3 of the top 4 most played league fixtures in English football

Lukaka won't be an Everton player for much longer

I hope your wrong

Good win today against a poor Aston Villa side.  Going the pub soon and will have a few beers to celebrate.

Today Lukaku scored his 50th and 51st premiership goals.  And became only the 5th player under 23 to to reach 50 premier goals

I hope your wrong

He would waltz into the Utd and Arsenal side. I think ye face a huge battle next summer to keep him if he keeps performing

Stones & Smalling, a good pair next year 55.

................................................................................................................

I didnt want to hit him too much bad news today so thats why I only mentioned Lukaka :GoldenSmile1:

I didnt want to hit him too much bad news today so thats why I only mentioned Lukaka :GoldenSmile1:

No probs he can take it, he has won 4-0 2day.

................................................................................................................

I dont think Smalling would come to Everton  55555

Lukaka won't be an Everton player for much longer

Everton have got some very good young players at the moment.  Besides Lukaku and Stones we've also got Ross Barkley who is making a big impression at the moment.  It would be great if we could keep all 3 players.

We also have some other good young players coming through the ranks

Everton have got some very good young players at the moment.  Besides Lukaku and Stones we've also got Ross Barkley who is making a big impression at the moment.  It would be great if we could keep all 3 players.

We also have some other good young players coming through the ranks

Joking aside its would be a shame to see a side like Everton lose quality players. There was even talks on soccer saturday about the Spanish lad going back to Barcelona. The problem in England now is there is a divide between the top 4 and the rest which wasnt the case years ago. A team who finishes 4th gets rewarded for failure by getting millions in champions league money and they are able to buy the best of the rest and offer them huge wages

Joking aside its would be a shame to see a side like Everton lose quality players. There was even talks on soccer saturday about the Spanish lad going back to Barcelona. The problem in England now is there is a divide between the top 4 and the rest which wasnt the case years ago. A team who finishes 4th gets rewarded for failure by getting millions in champions league money and they are able to buy the best of the rest and offer them huge wages

On the contrary, I think there has been a democratization of the EPL because of the TV money, more so next season.

Look at the results the last two years, anybody can beat anybody & with Chelsea floundering there's real opportunity for Everton/Spurs to make that UCL slot. Pundits are all waiting for Leicester to slip away but it ain't happening.

On the contrary, I think there has been a democratization of the EPL because of the TV money, more so next season.

Look at the results the last two years, anybody can beat anybody & with Chelsea floundering there's real opportunity for Everton/Spurs to make that UCL slot. Pundits are all waiting for Leicester to slip away but it ain't happening.

What I mean is a 4th place team is now a huge attraction to a player outside of that. Say Spurs finish 4th this season and everton finish 6th. Spurs is nows a huge attraction to some of Evertons top players yet there is only 2 places between them and both have won nothing in the season. Spurs are getting rewarded for finishing 4th yet it isnt an achievement really. But the champions league money lets them pay higher wages because their income is going to be more. Only 1st place should be rewarded a champions league place. It would mean more players would stay at their clubs and they could build decent teams without losing their best every year.

What I mean is a 4th place team is now a huge attraction to a player outside of that. Say Spurs finish 4th this season and everton finish 6th. Spurs is nows a huge attraction to some of Evertons top players yet there is only 2 places between them and both have won nothing in the season. Spurs are getting rewarded for finishing 4th yet it isnt an achievement really. But the champions league money lets them pay higher wages because their income is going to be more. Only 1st place should be rewarded a champions league place. It would mean more players would stay at their clubs and they could build decent teams without losing their best every year.

That's a fair point, but revenue stream is lifeblood in modern football. In its earlier avatars UCL only had champion teams competing in it but subsequently it expanded, its a behemoth now, nearly a quasi league of its own.

Revenue generated through UCL does percolate down to the lower tier teams & that's a dire requirement for teams like Southampton, Ajax, Sporting Club who possibly run the best academies in the world & bring out newer talents.

That's a fair point, but revenue stream is lifeblood in modern football. In its earlier avatars UCL only had champion teams competing in it but subsequently it expanded, its a behemoth now, nearly a quasi league of its own.

Revenue generated through UCL does percolate down to the lower tier teams & that's a dire requirement for teams like Southampton, Ajax, Sporting Club who possibly run the best academies in the world & bring out newer talents.

Back in the 70's and 80's when british teams were winning lots of European competitions the english teams mainly had british players in there squads.  And the teams had british managers.  And the english club sides bought players from lower division clubs.  Money stayed in England.  And taking Liverpool has an example they bought Ian Rush from Chester and Kevin Keegan from Scunthorpe.

Nowadays we buy players from not only europe but the rest of the world as well.  So great talent from the lower leagues are not getting a chance and teams in the lower leagues are not getting the money from transfers that is very important to them.  And I would also say that maybe the english clubs are not as sucessful nowadays as we were in the past but thats another story.

Recently Howard Kendall dies at the age of 69.  And 30 years ago (1985) he put together a great squad of british players that nearly won the treble.  Everton won the league and European cup winners cup and reached the final of the FA Cup.  In fact Howard Kendall is the last English manager to win a European trophy

... with an English team

English/British team

(1) NevilleSouthall - Wales

(2) Gary Stevens - England

(3) Pat Van Den Hauwe - Wales

(4) Kevin Ratcliffe - Wales

(5) Derek Mountfield - England

(6) Peter Reid - England

(7) Trevor Steven - England

(8) Graham Sharp - Scotland

(9) Andy Gray - Scotland

(10) Paul Bracewell - England