IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Stones was a monster; Man of the Match.  He and Jagielka look like the best CB pairing in all of Europe right now.  Imagine Arsenal/MU/Chelsea with good CBs right now.   Money can't buy everything.

I think Chelsea will rue that they couldn't get him this year as I think he'll be a Galacticos next year. 

If Stones has a good full season I can see UTD joining the battle for his signature next summer

If Stones has a good full season I can see UTD joining the battle for his signature next summer

Depends on where he wants to go.  If he wants to play against the best, then he'll go to Spain.

Hopefully Woodward can file his transfer sheet before midnight on deadline day.

................................................................................................................

Depends on where he wants to go.  If he wants to play against the best, then he'll go to Spain.

English defenders wont be high on the list of the Spanish giants. Real Madrid are still scared from Johnathan Woodgate. Hes also still very young and they have little interest in potential. If he leaves Everton it will be to Chelsea or maybe Utd. 

I'm an optimist

And I'm hoping we can have a good season and hopefully keep Stones for another season

Everton have got themselves some very good young players.  It would be great to see them stay together and you never know what Everton can do in the future if the young players fill there potential.

Yesterday Everton were missing there 2 first choice fullbacks

So we had in defence

Jagielka aged 33

Stones aged 21

Browning aged 21

Galloway aged 19

So we had 3 young players in defence and they all played very well.  Also all 4 defenders are English

So we are now 6 games into the new season and Everton's start has been OK.  Some tough games but we've only been beaten once.  And we are still in the Capital Cup but having said that we have only played one game.

In 3 away league games we have won 1 game and drawn 2 and we've kept clean sheets in all 3 games.

Everton seem to have some very good young players in there squad.  Hopefully we can keep hold of them and if they do get a lot better then maybe we will have the basis of a very good side for years to come

Last night Everton got a good result in the Capital Cup winning 2 - 1 away to Reading. with Ross Barkley and Gerard Deulofeu scoring for Everton.

And we started of with a very attacking formation 1 - 3 - 5 - 2

The only downside was John Stones getting injured but I believe its not to serious. And Evertons next game is the Monday night televised game at WBA. So John has a couple of extra days to recover

gerard DEULOFEU 2.jpg

Good draw for Everton in the next round of the Capital Cup

A home draw with Norwich

And I will be going the match

I love Saturday afternoon football with matches kicking off at 3pm but because of television interference Evertons game at West Brom isnt being played till Monday night at 8pm. 

West Brom like Everton were formed in 1878 and are founder members of the football league back in 1888.  So we have been playing against each other a long time.

One good thing about the game being played on Monday night is that John Stones has an extra couple of days to recover from the injury he picked up in mid-week against Reading in the Capital Cup

:Grin_Jump1:

................................................................................................................

The only Sky game i didnt bother watching this season and its a cracker :Think1:

Yes you missed a 5 goal thriller

We did well to come back from 2 nil down to win 3 - 2

A very good confidance booster before we play Liverpool on Sunday

Well the merseyside derby is only 2 days away.  And I'm really looking forward to the game.  Considering all the money Liverpool have spent they should be favourites BUT Everton have got home advantage and there confidance is high.  So I'm hoping for a good result on Sunday.

I watched my first derby back in 1972/73 season and I have watched every derby at Goodison Park since then.

And during the 70's and 80's I used to go to most derbys at Anfield.  And there were two seasons I watched the derby on the kop along with 3000 other Everton fans.  And the police didnt even try and sepperate the two sets of fans.  And I can remember the Everton fans on the kop making a lot of noise.  Great days

Well the merseyside derby is only 2 days away.  And I'm really looking forward to the game.  Considering all the money Liverpool have spent they should be favourites BUT Everton have got home advantage and there confidance is high.  So I'm hoping for a good result on Sunday.

I watched my first derby back in 1972/73 season and I have watched every derby at Goodison Park since then.

And during the 70's and 80's I used to go to most derbys at Anfield.  And there were two seasons I watched the derby on the kop along with 3000 other Everton fans.  And the police didnt even try and sepperate the two sets of fans.  And I can remember the Everton fans on the kop making a lot of noise.  Great days

Blue, you should get some kind of loyalty award, every Derby for over 40 years? very impressive. I also remember the Derby matches at Anfield in the 80's and no, you weren't louder than us 555. Good luck to both teams on Sunday but I only want one outcome.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Starting to have mixed feelings about this one. Usually Id be all for an Everton win but im worried that may now result in Brendan Rodgers getting sacked

Starting to have mixed feelings about this one. Usually Id be all for an Everton win but im worried that may now result in Brendan Rodgers getting sacked

I should'nt worry about. If Everton win and Brendan Rodgers gets sacked it won't be down to one result.

So let's hope that when the 90 minutes is up Everton have got the game won

it was a good game yesterday at Goodison Park.and there was a lot of talking points.

Even though it ended 1 - 1 I thought Everton deserved to win having created the better chances.

And  thought Lukaku had a great game

I watched the England game last night. And it was good to see young Ross Barley get the "Man of the Match" award

Ross has made a bright start to the season.

He has always used a lot of high risk maneuvers....but more and more of them are paying off.

That slide rule pass to Walcott for the goal was something special.

Ross has made a bright start to the season.

He has always used a lot of high risk maneuvers....but more and more of them are paying off.

That slide rule pass to Walcott for the goal was something special.

Orfeu that pass was a cracking pass....Ross can become a top player

Tonight England are playing the last euro qualifing game and by all accounts Phil Jagielka is going to be named captain for the game

Phil+Jagielka+England+Training+Session+Press+7BvAQVV_YVXl.jpg

I'm very pleased for phil as he is a very good and popular player

Edited by blue1878

Another funny video