IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Blues Linked With Koulibaly | Everton News Daily

Stadium And Sponsor Latest | Everton Business News

Everton V Manchester United | Starting XI Show

PL CLASSIC: EVERTON 3-3 MAN UNITED | CAHILL & ARTETA STRIKE IN INJURY TIME!

A great game and I was there

Everton v Manchester United | Match Preview

On 28/02/2020 at 10:48, blue1878 said:

Blues Linked With Koulibaly | Everton News Daily

Are his notes getting further and further away, or is it just me?

Just got back from the game and I'm very disappointed that we didnt come away with all 3 points.  A lot of people are saying the disallowed goal at the end of the game shouldnt have been disallowed.  So I am looking forward to watching MOTD2 tonight and take another look

I was at the oppisate end so I was a long way off.

27 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Just got back from the game and I'm very disappointed that we didnt come away with all 3 points.  A lot of people are saying the disallowed goal at the end of the game shouldnt have been disallowed.  So I am looking forward to watching MOTD2 tonight and take another look

I was at the oppisate end so I was a long way off.

If your team was defending then you’d say definitely offside. If your team was attacking you’d say no way. :)

Personally, I think it was the right call but you could see the goal given in other games or without VAR.

The red card means Ancelotti will probably have a touchline ban for the Chelsea game - unless he appeals.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

VAR was absolutely spot on with a disallowed goal , the law of the game said if an opposing player in an offside position is blocking the eyeview of a goalie ,  of the incoming ball is therefore an offside , full stop . 

1 hour ago, jocky king said:

VAR was absolutely spot on with a disallowed goal , the law of the game said if an opposing player in an offside position is blocking the eyeview of a goalie ,  of the incoming ball is therefore an offside , full stop . 

Hi Jocky King last night I watched the game again on MOTD2 and I still think the goal should have been allowed.  The United goalie had a clear view of the shot from our attacker.  The shot beat him because the ball got deflected of one of his own players.  If you watch the goalie he had the shot covered but the deflection beat him

• Like 2

Everton 1-1 Manchester United | Gwladys Street Reaction

CALVERT-LEWIN SCORES AGAIN AS BLUES DENIED WIN BY LATE VAR DRAMA! | HIGHLIGHTS: EVERTON 1-1 MAN UTD

Everton 1-1 Manchester United | Calvert-Lewin Was Superb | 3 Talking Points

"That is a DISASTER!" | Dominic Calvert-Lewin reacts to his disallowed goal against Man Utd!

VAR strikes again! Should Everton's goal vs. Man United have been allowed to stand? | Premier League

Everton 1-1 Manchester United | Player Ratings

VAR denies Everton a last minute winner - Andy Gray explains why it was the WRONG call.

Everton vs Man United1-1:Pundits SLAMS David de Gea for errors and solskjaer reaction

Trying to be balanced this video says it wasnt a goal. Sadly the video freezes

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

Hi Jocky King last night I watched the game again on MOTD2 and I still think the goal should have been allowed.  The United goalie had a clear view of the shot from our attacker.  The shot beat him because the ball got deflected of one of his own players.  If you watch the goalie he had the shot covered but the deflection beat him

No chance ... The player on the ground blocked his view .. The law of the game must be obeyed .. Thank god for VAR .  I won’t reply anymore .. 

Edited by jocky king

My opinion is that although siggi was in an offside position he was sitting down so he wasn't stopping their keeper having sight of the ball so he wasn't interfering with play so the goal should have stood but as Roy Keane said "why did he stay on the floor for so long"  he could/should have got up and got himself into a position to help his team but he just sat there but as soon as the ball was in the net he jumped up so he wasn't injured so I agree with Keane, if he would have got himself into an onside position the goal would have stood so he didn't help things,  now here is my "controversial " comment 'if that would have been in front of the kop I think the goal would have Been given, awaiting your comments gents.

2 hours ago, jocky king said:

Hi Jocky has a Man Utd fan you would take the oppisate view to me lol

The bottom line is VAR is proving very unpopular

Maybe we should start a new posting asking other fans what they think of VAR and should it be scrapped

Our next match is on Sunday away to Chelsea.  I've just watched Chelsea beat Liverpool in the FA Cup and Chelsea played very well and deserved there win.  So I think we will have a very tough game at the weekend.

Ancelotti In Bottle Strand - Holgate Signs A New Deal and Everton Sleep Out

Should Everton Make Holgate Their Captain? | The Daily Extra