IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Tomorrow Everton are playing away to West Bromwich Albion.  

West Brom like Everton are founder members of the football league

Back in 1968 we played West Brom in the FA Cup Final.    And Everton were firm Favourites to win.  In the league that season Everton beat West Brom 2 - 1 at home.  And a few short weeks before the cup final we beat West Brom 6 - 2 at there ground.

But league form means nothing because in the final they beat us 1 - 0

I'm hoping for a better result tomorrow

Are you off to the match ? Birmingham is not far from Liverpool ?

Are you off to the match ? Birmingham is not far from Liverpool ?

I'm not going to West Brom to see the match.  In my younger days I used to follow Everton all around the country.  I used to travel everywhere watching Everton play but nowadays I just go to the occasional away game.

In fact nowadays it's very hard to get a ticket for the Everton section of the away ground because Everton have a massive away following and Everton fans usually sell out the away section

Well Everton won today so I am in a very good mood

It's Everton's first win of the season and it was there first clean sheet of the season

So tonight I will go the pub and a few beers to celebrate

COYB

ETID

Well Everton won today so I am in a very good mood

It's Everton's first win of the season and it was there first clean sheet of the season

So tonight I will go the pub and a few beers to celebrate

COYB

ETID

Must be a huge sigh of relief for you and the fans , if you don't get the first win , the darkness will start to creep in and getting frustrated .

Must be a huge sigh of relief for you and the fans , if you don't get the first win , the darkness will start to creep in and getting frustrated .

Yes it was important to get our first win of the season.  And hopefully we can now put a good run together.  Having said that we have got some tough games coming up.

Next week we are at home to Crystal Palace and then our next two games in the league are away to Liverpool and Manchester United.  So today's win was very important

In recent months Everton have been in talks with the council with a view to finding a suitable area for Everton to build a new stadium.  And yesterday Everton and the council issued a statement in which they have identified an area that is suitable for regeneration and part of the regeneration would include a new stadium for Everton.

I love Goodison Park but I think there is now a need for Everton to move into a new stadium.  Goodison Park was built in 1892 and was the first ever modern stadium and for a long time the best league ground in the country but we are now in the 21st century and we need a new ground.  I don't think Goodison Park can be redeveloped because it is in a built up area.  So with great sadness I hope that this new ground gets given the go ahead.  The next twelve months the council and other intersted parties will decide if the area that they have identified will be suitable for regeneration which hopefully will include a new ground

http://www.evertonfc.com/56912/56913/council-club-statement

Now that the Champions league is out of the way we can now concentrate on the Europa League.

And tonight Everton take on Wolfsburg at Goodison Park and I will be there cheering on the mighty blues

I believe it's also being shown live on tv 

COYB

ETID

A good start for Everton , won 4-1 to Wolfsburg , but the scoreline had been unfair to Wolfsburg after lots of ball possession and 11 on target saved by Tim Howard , he was bit pissed off over their injury time goal from the free kick. Glad to see four Irish men playing for Everton today , McGeady , Coleman , McCarthy and Gibson . I think playing on Thursdays will give Everton and Spurs a hard time in the premiership .

A good start for Everton , won 4-1 to Wolfsburg , but the scoreline had been unfair to Wolfsburg after lots of ball possession and 11 on target saved by Tim Howard , he was bit pissed off over their injury time goal from the free kick. Glad to see four Irish men playing for Everton today , McGeady , Coleman , McCarthy and Gibson . I think playing on Thursdays will give Everton and Spurs a hard time in the premiership .

I was really pleased with tonight's scoreline.

A 4 - 1 score is a very good start to our Europa League campaign

Wolfsburg did have a lot of possesion but couldnt make it count

Teams that play in the Europa League do tend to see the league form suffer but our manager seems to be optimistace about our chances of doing well in the league dispite our envolment in europe.  Only time will tell

Last night I posted a comment in facebook about our 4 - 1 win in the Europa League.  And a friend of mine who is a Liverpool jokingly passed a comment saying that the result doesnt mean much because the Europa League is only a Mickey Mouse cup...lol

Edited by blue1878

Last night I posted a comment in facebook about our 4 - 1 in the Europa League.  And a friend of mine who is a Liverpool jokingly passed a comment saying that the result doesnt mean much because the Europa League is only a Mickey Mouse cup...lol

Bet they never said that the night they scraped through against the mighty Alaves

When I was at the match last night I got talking to my mate John and he is planning on going to two of the three away group games.  As long has he can get a ticket he will go to Wolfsberg and Lille but there is no gaurantee that he will get a ticket because the demand from Everton fams will be high.

He was also thinking of going to Evertons game against Krasnodar in Russia.  Everton have only been allocated 500 tickets and the game is being played on Thursday 2nd October.  So it will be our next Europa League game.  Everton use Thomas Cook as there agents for away games and when my mate looked into the cost of going to this game Thomas Cook were asking just over £500 to get the fans there and back plus it was going to cost another £180 for a day visa.  So all in all it would have cost him £700 plus he would still need to buy a ticket for the game plus spending money.

My mate also said that Thomas Cook then decided to cancel the trip because of problems getting the fans there.  And john went on to say that he has heard that at least 300 Everton fans are going to make there own way there and it's not an easy place to get to

When I was at the match last night I got talking to my mate John and he is planning on going to two of the three away group games.  As long has he can get a ticket he will go to Wolfsberg and Lille but there is no gaurantee that he will get a ticket because the demand from Everton fams will be high.

He was also thinking of going to Evertons game against Krasnodar in Russia.  Everton have only been allocated 500 tickets and the game is being played on Thursday 2nd October.  So it will be our next Europa League game.  Everton use Thomas Cook as there agents for away games and when my mate looked into the cost of going to this game Thomas Cook were asking just over £500 to get the fans there and back plus it was going to cost another £180 for a day visa.  So all in all it would have cost him £700 plus he would still need to buy a ticket for the game plus spending money.

My mate also said that Thomas Cook then decided to cancel the trip because of problems getting the fans there.  And john went on to say that he has heard that at least 300 Everton fans are going to make there own way there and it's not an easy place to get to

Most places in Russia you have to go via Moscow, that part is so close to Crimea usually that might be an option but not right at this time.

I doubt that Krasnodar is difficult to get to via Moscow but as you say bloody expensive.

Most places in Russia you have to go via Moscow, that part is so close to Crimea usually that might be an option but not right at this time.

I doubt that Krasnodar is difficult to get to via Moscow but as you say bloody expensive.

It is very expensive 

Hopefully my mate will be able to get tickets for the other two group games

It is very expensive 

Hopefully my mate will be able to get tickets for the other two group games

I would like to think at Everton it was done on progressive loyalty, so those that go get.

Arsenals european away support is fairly good(after virtually 20 years of visiting very similar places it does have an affect), but the group normally brings up one game every man and his wife want to go to. We are expecting 7-8,000 to travel to Brussels(Anderlecht next month) but have only received 1100 tickets.

I would like to think at Everton it was done on progressive loyalty, so those that go get.

Arsenals european away support is fairly good(after virtually 20 years of visiting very similar places it does have an affect), but the group normally brings up one game every man and his wife want to go to. We are expecting 7-8,000 to travel to Brussels(Anderlecht next month) but have only received 1100 ti

1100 tickets isnt a lot but I have just looked on the internet and I see that Anderlecht's ground capacity is only 28063 which amybe accounts for the small allocation

Besides the Russian team Everton are playing Wolfsberg who only have a 30,000 capacity and lille who have a 50.186 capacity so it will be interesting to see how many tickets each club give Everton

Edited by blue1878

I went to yesterday's game and yet again the defense let us down.  We had loads more possesion than Palace but in defense we don't look good.  In recent years our defense has always been our strong point but this season we are leaking goals at an alarming rate.  And it's had to understand because we have some very good defenders plus our two holding midfielders are very good players.  

For a neutral itmust be great watching Everton's games this season because there is always lots of goals.  Sadly for me the majority of them are for the other teams

Tonight Everton are in league cup action at Swansea and it's good to see that Oviedo and Kone are in Everton's squad for this game after long time out because of injuries.

After Sunday's home defeat I think it's important that we bounce back tonight with a win.  Especially as our next two league games are away to Liverpool and Manchester United

Tonight Everton are in league cup action at Swansea and it's good to see that Oviedo and Kone are in Everton's squad for this game after long time out because of injuries.

After Sunday's home defeat I think it's important that we bounce back tonight with a win.  Especially as our next two league games are away to Liverpool and Manchester United

Against Liverpool and United !!! Should be interesting !! United is having a terrible time at defence , it may help Everton. Lol.

1100 tickets isnt a lot but I have just looked on the internet and I see that Anderlecht's ground capacity is only 28063 which amybe accounts for the small allocation

Besides the Russian team Everton are playing Wolfsberg who only have a 30,000 capacity and lille who have a 50.186 capacity so it will be interesting to see how many tickets each club give Everton

Anderlecht drops to 22,000 for european games so 1100 is 5% which is the uefa obligation.

This will obviously give Everton 2,500 at Lille and 1,500 at Wolfsburg unless their capacities change(due to larger adverts etc)..of course clubs can give more if they want.

Anderlecht drops to 22,000 for european games so 1100 is 5% which is the uefa obligation.

This will obviously give Everton 2,500 at Lille and 1,500 at Wolfsburg unless their capacities change(due to larger adverts etc)..of course clubs can give more if they want.

It will be interesting to see what allocation Everton get.

I wonder if the two teams will put money from adverts before fans??

I went to yesterday's game and yet again the defense let us down.  We had loads more possesion than Palace but in defense we don't look good.  In recent years our defense has always been our strong point but this season we are leaking goals at an alarming rate.  And it's had to understand because we have some very good defenders plus our two holding midfielders are very good players.  

For a neutral itmust be great watching Everton's games this season because there is always lots of goals.  Sadly for me the majority of them are for the other teams

I think you look better with stones in the centre ... long term i think that will be his best position

I think you look better with stones in the centre ... long term i think that will be his best position

Stones did start out at right back but then moved to centre half.  

His future does lie at centre half and not full back

I've just taken a look at Everton's website and it says that an Everton delegation have been over to Lille and have been able to negotiate an allocation of 5,274 tickets for game.  This allocation is far higher than the 5% stadium capacity that is permitted under uefa rules.  Everton will have no problem selling these tickets.

This Saturday Everton are away to Liverpool and it's a 12:45 kick-off.

I will not comment on what the score will be

I plan to watch the full game at home on tv