IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Congratulations!! at least you are in Europe  :Banghead2:

In 1985 Everton reached the final of the cup winners cup and I went to Rotterdam to watch the final.  And it was a great experiance.  I also traveled to Europe to watch Everton in the Q/F.  Games I will never forget

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blue1878

• davidge

• jocky king

• taylor1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

R.I.P to the Everton supporter who died at today's game, suspected heart attack.   YNWA   http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-dies-goodison-park-after-11810115

Sunderland's mascot last night was a 5 year old Bradley Lowery who has sadly got cancer.  And family and friends are trying to raise £700,000  so that he can have treatment in the USA.  So it made me

Just a bit of fun fellas - tickled me tho

Posted Images

That was a great season for the blues . :GoldenSmile1:

Seeing the distance between us and Spurs and Arsenal puts it in perspective.

To be 5th is to be top of the only league we have a realistic chance of winning.

But Martinez' appointment has added a new, more optimistic attitude to the Goodison faithful.

Next season will be a real challenge....and I hope our academy can contribute 3 or 4 players to help meet that challenge.

I believe our only chance of being a top 4 side is to find a Sheik with deep pockets...or...um...a Thai Oligarch. 

After all we are sponsored by Chang.  :GoldenSmile1:

Everyone would have excused Everton if they had finished 10th....citing it being a season in transition away from Moyes...that Martinez was still learning the ropes at this level.

That we finished where we did, speaks volumes about Martinez...the club...and ironically about Moyes who left a really solid squad.

Real grounds for optimism for next season.

I am undecided about Lukaku...but I hope we can persuade Barry to stay...he has been immense. He is not always eye-catching...but he often runs and stands in a position that gives the opposition pause for thought. And he makes the players around him play better. Not eye-catching...but necessary and few do it better.

I also approve of Martinez' slowly-slowly handling of Barkley.... give this kid 2 or 3 years and he could be the best midfielder in the premiership.

Loan deals and signings aside...I have always loved the fact that Everton is a producing club....and our young un's look in good shape. I hope we have a killer striker about to break through.

Congratulations to EFC....even neutrals love us...and I know why.

Cut me....and I bleed blue.  :Clap9:

Everton Latest

Striker Apostolos Vellios has left Everton,

22 year old Vellios joined Everton in 2011 from Iraklis Thessaloniki.  During the season that has just finished he couldnt break into the first team.  During his time at Everton he played 24 times scoring 3 goals.  He is now out of contract and Everton have let him go so he is now free to look for another club.

Reports from Spain seem to suggest that Barcelona will be happy to let youngster Gerald Deulofeu continue to stay on loan at Everton next season.  He is a good young talent and if the reports are true then it will be nice to see him back at Everton next season

Gerard Deulofeu.jpg

Also there are reports that Everton are one of a number of clubs that is interested in trying to sign QPR stricker Loic Remy.  Everton are actually short of stickers so there is a need for our manager to try is utmost in trying to buy some players in that position

It's funny how things change very quickly.

This morning reports were coming out of Spain that Gerald Deulofeu may very well be back at Everton next season on another season's long loan.  Now if you believe the rumour mill it's not going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the time of year I don't like

The football season is over and I cannot visit Goodison Park

And I try not to take any notice of all the rumours that are in the newspapers.  Players that we are trying to buy and players that might be leaving the club.

I hope the next few weeks go quickly (except for when I am in Pattaya) and I can start going back to Goodison Park

Today is the day of the Ladies FA Cup Final and the finalists are Arsenal and the mighty blues.

So this afternoon I will be watching the game on tv and hoping that Everton triumph

Today is the day of the Ladies FA Cup Final and the finalists are Arsenal and the mighty blues.

So this afternoon I will be watching the game on tv and hoping that Everton triumph

Hope they will be throwing the shirt to the crowd after scoring goals . :GoldenSmile1:

Hope they will be throwing the shirt to the crowd after scoring goals . :GoldenSmile1:

If the ladies did start throwing there shirts into the crowd I think I'd start going to to ladies football instead of the mens games...lol

Everton ladies have just been beaten 2 - 0 by Arsenal ladies in the Ladies FA Cup Final.

I've just watched the game on television and the best team won

Everton tried there best but were not good enough on the day

................................................................................................................

• 4 weeks later...

It's Tuesday 1st July and there's not much news coming out of Everton.  

I'm enjoying watching the World Cup on TV

I'm missing going to Goodison Park to watch the mighty blues

Everton's first match of the 2014/15 Season is against Arsenal on Saturday 23rd August.  And I get home from Thailand on Friday 22nd August.  I am made up that my friends are driving to the Everton V Arsenal game because I will be very jet lagged.

when z cars start.jpg

At the moment Everton are being linked with players but up to now they have not bought anybody.

At the moment they are being linked with lots of wingers and midfield players.

It's good that we are being linked with wingers and midfield players but we are short on attackers(center forwards) and we don't seem to be linked with any attackers

• 1 month later...

We are now 2 games into the season and Everton have started with 2 draws

I was in Thailand for our first game at Leicester and I watched the game live in my favourite Pattaya bar which is called Palmers in Soi 13/4.  In the first half I thought we played very well and deserved to be leading 2 - 1.  The only negative thing for me about the first half was that we let Leicester equalise very quickly after we had gone 1 -0 up.  In the 2nd half we didn't play as well as we did in the first half but we still should have won.  Towards the  end I thought we sat on our 2 - 1 lead and because of this Leicester equalised with about 5 minutes to go.  We should have been going for a 3rd goal and if we had tried for a 3rd goal I think we would have won the game.

Our 2nd game was a home game against Arsenal and I arrived home from Thailand the day before the game.  Luckily for me my mate Nick was driving to the game as I was still feeling tired on the day of the match.  Everton played very well and deserved to go into a 2 nil lead but seemed to tire towards the end which allowed Arsenal to get two late goals and get a draw.

So after 2 games Everton have got 2 points but it could have been better

On the transfer front Everton have just signed Samuel Eto on a 2 year deal.  I think this is a good signing has he is still a very good striker.  And Everton were short on strikers.

On Saturday we have got another home game which is against Chelsea and is a 5:30pm kick-off.  Maybe it's me geting old but I do not like 5:30pm kick-offs.  I prefer my games to kick-off at 3pm..

Anyway I will be at the game and hopefully it will be a very good game.  And Chelsea are a very good side so it's going to be a tough game

COYB

if any fellow blues are in patts from oct 18 till nov 7 and fancy meeting up for a beer and watching the match( think theres poss 6 matches 3 prem, 2 europa lg 1 lge cup?) then drop a msg, will be there with my mate both 33 from bootle, both season ticket holders,   

Welcome back Blue , I know you are sick back home but going to Everton home matches will make you feel a lot better .. :)

if any fellow blues are in patts from oct 18 till nov 7 and fancy meeting up for a beer and watching the match( think theres poss 6 matches 3 prem, 2 europa lg 1 lge cup?) then drop a msg, will be there with my mate both 33 from bootle, both season ticket holders,   

soi dog 9 which part of the ground do you and your mate have season tickets for??

My season ticket is for the Park End

Welcome back Blue , I know you are sick back home but going to Everton home matches will make you feel a lot better .. :)

Jocky going to Goodison Park to watch the mighty blues does make me feel better.

And Arsenal and Chelsea being the first two teams to play at Goodison Park does help me get over the Pattaya blues

I see that the draw has been made for the 3rd Round of the league cup.

And Everton have been drawn away at Swansea

A tough draw but hopefully we can win the tie

Today's game was a thriller

9 goals and sadly 6 of them conceded by Everton

Everton looked good going forward but were terrible in defence

Congratulations to Chelsea on there win

Today's game was a thriller

9 goals and sadly 6 of them conceded by Everton

Everton looked good going forward but were terrible in defence

Congratulations to Chelsea on there win

The adage that you are at your most vulnerable when you have just scored was proved over and over again in this match. Great game to watch, you can say a un-Jose Mourinho performance by Chelsea.

................................................................................................................

Everton Aidan McGeady scored twice to win for Ireland 2-1 to Georgia , thought it was going to be a 1-1 until McGeady scored at the dying minutes (89) .

Everton Aidan McGeady scored twice to win for Ireland 2-1 to Georgia , thought it was going to be a 1-1 until McGeady scored at the dying minutes (89) .

Aiden will come back from the international full of confidance which can only be a good thing for Everton

Football is a funny old game

So far this season we have been leaking goals conceding 10 goals in 3 games

Yet tonight Englands two full-backs are Stones and Baines off Everton

And in the 2nd half jagelka comes on and plays center half

And England keep a clean sheet

Tomorrow Everton are playing away to West Bromwich Albion.  

West Brom like Everton are founder members of the football league

Back in 1968 we played West Brom in the FA Cup Final.    And Everton were firm Favourites to win.  In the league that season Everton beat West Brom 2 - 1 at home.  And a few short weeks before the cup final we beat West Brom 6 - 2 at there ground.

But league form means nothing because in the final they beat us 1 - 0

I'm hoping for a better result tomorrow