• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blue1878

• davidge

• taylor1975

• jocky king

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

R.I.P to the Everton supporter who died at today's game, suspected heart attack.   YNWA   http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-dies-goodison-park-after-11810115

I'm an Evertonian As bitter as the nextBut for one day each yearI give that a rest. Remember 96 brothers and sisters Who never came home Nil Satis Nisi Optimum You’ll Never Walk Alone

Hi Jocky King last night I watched the game again on MOTD2 and I still think the goal should have been allowed.  The United goalie had a clear view of the shot from our attacker.  The shot beat him be

Posted Images

Nowadays I in the main just go to Everton's home games but last night I decided that I wanted to go to Everton's next away game.  It's at Southampton a week on Saturday.  Everton have a big away following and normally sell out the away end BUT Southampton is a long way away from Goodison Park so I thought I had a chance of a ticket.  I was wrong.  Everton were given an allocation of 3262 tickets and they are sold out.  I used to visit Southampton a lot in my younger days.  And once watched us win 4 - 0 and Graham Sharp scored all 4 goals.  I'll just have to listen to the game on the radio

Edited by blue1878

Everton Appoint Brands To The Board | Everton News Daily

Good news for Everton

5 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

And why not

The PA servers aren't big enough for the explanation :P

You would have to rebuild the team from scratch, with some real world class players, whilst the top 6 teams stand still ..hard to envisage.

4 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

The PA servers aren't big enough for the explanation :P

You would have to rebuild the team from scratch, with some real world class players, whilst the top 6 teams stand still ..hard to envisage.

taylor1975 in 2019 we are no where near good enough to win the premiership but we have a new manager.  Hopefully he is good enough to bring us success.  He just needs time to build a squad good enough to challenge for honours.

To win the premiership isnt easy.  Liverpool FC know this all to well as they have been trying for 26/27 years and have still not managed to win the premiership.  They will no doubt do it one day.

taylor1975 if we follow your logic then will Liverpool ever win the premiership.

Also if we follow your logic how the heck did Leicester City win the premiership :wacko:

22 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

taylor1975 in 2019 we are no where near good enough to win the premiership but we have a new manager.  Hopefully he is good enough to bring us success.  He just needs time to build a squad good enough to challenge for honours.

To win the premiership isnt easy.  Liverpool FC know this all to well as they have been trying for 26/27 years and have still not managed to win the premiership.  They will no doubt do it one day.

taylor1975 if we follow your logic then will Liverpool ever win the premiership.

Also if we follow your logic how the heck did Leicester City win the premiership :wacko:

Leicester - a freak year. May never happen again to a similar team

Liverpool - we've come close, but the margins between 1st and not 1st can be down to a slip of the foot!

It appears you now need to get close to 100 points to win the premiership. You need world class players in lots of positions. I'd say we've got 5 out of 11 world class positions filled. 

I'm not knocking everton, but its a beast of a task to win the premier league now. Impossible for many teams.

32 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Leicester - a freak year. May never happen again to a similar team

Liverpool - we've come close, but the margins between 1st and not 1st can be down to a slip of the foot!

It appears you now need to get close to 100 points to win the premiership. You need world class players in lots of positions. I'd say we've got 5 out of 11 world class positions filled. 

I'm not knocking everton, but its a beast of a task to win the premier league now. Impossible for many teams.

It is getting harder to win the league

I'm off an age which means I can remember Derby and Nottingham Forest win the league. And in the case of Forest they went on to win 2 European Cups.  Not likely to happen now as things stand

Never mind blue 1878, famous old clubs like ours have a grand old history, and that makes things doubly poignant when the goings tough......and i know all about that, believe me!:Circle_Sharks: 

Edited by vimto66
37 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

Never mind blue 1878, famous old clubs like ours have a grand old history, and that makes things doubly poignant when the goings tough......and i know all about that, believe me!:Circle_Sharks: 

I agree but I think Everton can return to the glory days of the 80's again.  It might take awhile but I think we can do it.

3 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I agree but I think Everton can return to the glory days of the 80's again.  It might take awhile but I think we can do it.

I bet many teams think like this. Realistically, i would say only man city have gone from mid-table team to consistent top tier. Can't think of any other team. Lucky for city, they bought players when £50m was considered outrageous.

8 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I bet many teams think like this. Realistically, i would say only man city have gone from mid-table team to consistent top tier. Can't think of any other team. Lucky for city, they bought players when £50m was considered outrageous.

But Everton are a club that I think can do it

It will take awhile but we will get there

16 hours ago, blue1878 said:

It is getting harder to win the league

I'm off an age which means I can remember Derby and Nottingham Forest win the league. And in the case of Forest they went on to win 2 European Cups.  Not likely to happen now as things stand

Financial Fair Play (though a bit of a joke) has entrenched the dominance of the bigger clubs who spent huge sums before it was brought in. Much more difficult now for a club to spend way outside it’s turnover thanks to a rich owner. Obviously, some ways around it and UEFA rarely actually punish the big clubs who breach the RULES

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Could Batshuayi Be On His Way To Everton? | Everton News Daily

"It Was A Positive Meeting Overall" | Everton AGM Discussion | Part 1

Could Everton win the Premier League within 10 years? | The Debate | Sidwell & Babb

On 10/01/2019 at 06:40, blue1878 said:

But Everton are a club that I think can do it

It will take awhile but we will get there

Maybe, but its going to take enormous amounts of money, im not being patronising when i say this but realistically at best i think Everton should aspire to be champions league qualifiers, thats certainly doable, the new ground will mean larger crowds and then its case of building on any feelgood factor/impetus.

Edited by vimto66
1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

Maybe, but its going to take enormous amounts of money, im not being patronising when i say this but realistically at best i think Everton should aspire to be champions league qualifiers, thats certainly doable, the new ground will mean larger crowds and then its case of building on any feelgood factor/impetus.

Europa league - lets at least make it remotely realistic :laugh:

Its far easier for clubs to drop down the ranks than go up. Everton in bottom half at the moment - and 1 point off 13th place. A bad run and you're in deep trouble, then everyone looks at the manager. 

Only a few weeks back they were on the heels of united.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Europa league - lets at least make it remotely realistic :laugh:

Its far easier for clubs to drop down the ranks than go up. Everton in bottom half at the moment - and 1 point off 13th place. A bad run and you're in deep trouble, then everyone looks at the manager. 

Only a few weeks back they were on the heels of united.

Everton are not talking about this season or next

Everton have a plan 

United under Ferguson didnt start well and people looked to get him sacked.  United didnt sack him and look at the success United had under him

In 1981 Kendall became manager of Everton and things didnt start well and people were looking to sack him but he didnt get sacked and look at the success Eveton achieved in the 80's

Silva "I Know The Ambitions Of The Club" | Everton News Daily

MARCO SILVA DISCUSSES JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW | EVERTON V BOURNEMOUTH PRESS CONFERENCE