IGNORED

Clothes shopping

Dave Hedgehog

Where are the best places for clothes shopping. I don't know whether or not to bring a empty suitcase and go for a new wardrobe out there or should I get all my shorts n t shorts before I come. What do people wear for clubbing in places like Insomnia? Is it generally cool enough late on to wear smart jeans and a shirt?

What's Thailand like as a whole for buying smart designer type clothes?

I've got a feeling that Bangkok is going to be my best bet and a shopping spree once I land will be the best option.

Thanks for any advice.

Pratu Nam in Bangkok is where a lot of the retailers in Pattaya will be buying there stuff. I'm an XXL myself and often find it difficult finding clothing in Thailand

I discovered that anything else than tailor made clothes in Thailand do not fit typical farangs.

I never found anything in Thailand and I have a normal US XXL size and am 1,87m tall....

Funny as it is I have a shop in Hong Kong what has my size and some of the shirts are even Made in Thailand....crazy world!

• 1 month later...

Can either of you recommend a good tailor in pattaya and what should I pay for a decent suit? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Any of you been to chatachuk market on the weekend? Suppose to be the largest outdoor market in the world.

Any of you been to chatachuk market on the weekend? Suppose to be the largest outdoor market in the world.

Last time I was there was a couple of years ago. Yes, it's huge and you can find virtually anything you want, from frying pans to pets.

When I was in Pattaya I bought some Tshirts in Soi Bukhao market. They were cheap and they are stil ok

I would say MBK too , for the fake t shirts .

there was this market called "suam laum night market ", used to love going there ,but i heard during my last visit that the market exists no more due to some sort of construction by the govt on that site??

does anyone have an idea, which all are the better night markets in bangkok to shop??

• 1 month later...

Actually Thailand has attraction for all types of tourist, to spend family holidays and enjoy more end of time. It has many place for visiting and spend time in a better manner like beaches, shopping mall, historical places, resorts.

• 7 months later...

I went to chatuchak market on the weekend during my stay in BKK and i can believe that. Never seen so much people and shops in a market and I am well travelled!!

• 2 years later...

Depends what you like but I would say central festival

Cheers mate. Only 4 years 2.5 months late, but it's the thought that counts.

Get that post count up eh :GoldenSmile1:

• 3 years later...

The best place for that is bangkok.

If no brand ware, of course pratunam area is the place to be.

Also platinum shopping mall in this area is good. For woman close it might be not so easy to get clothes for woman in western size.

In pattaya mikes shopping mall, or central on beach road is good.

• 2 months later...

Whenever I fly to Thailand, I always buy things and shoes. I like their quality and style. I especially like designer Lee.

• 2 months later...

In Pattaya, my experience is with the Ama Fashion at Central Pattaya Rd (by the beach end). They been around forever and have a solid reputation. I am a repeat customer for tailored suites there. If you there for a limited time, just make sure to go there early to allow for a week of lead-time. There is an express option (at a premium) but that can easily be avoided with a bit of planning.

Archived