IGNORED

Clothes shopping

Dave Hedgehog

Where are the best places for clothes shopping. I don't know whether or not to bring a empty suitcase and go for a new wardrobe out there or should I get all my shorts n t shorts before I come. What do people wear for clubbing in places like Insomnia? Is it generally cool enough late on to wear smart jeans and a shirt?

What's Thailand like as a whole for buying smart designer type clothes?

I've got a feeling that Bangkok is going to be my best bet and a shopping spree once I land will be the best option.

Thanks for any advice.

I don't know whether or not to bring a empty suitcase and go for a new wardrobe out there or should I get all my shorts n t shorts before I come.

Also considered to bring an empty suitcase but experienced the following: when you go to no-name shops, things are cheap but labelled clothes are mostly (always?) faked and things do not fit farangs that well - you essentially have a choice between a sausage skin or oversized.

When you go to shops of known labels (Levi's, Camel...) you'll find the about the same stuff at about the same (!) prices than at home - f*** globalization

So I was happy to carry enough stuff with me - otherwise I would have wasted too much time in shops without the chance of doing real bargains.

Better spend your time otherwise...

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=2&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xDCDFCA&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta&

&event_time=year:2011;month:6;day:23;hour:18;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=The Pattaya Experiment 2.0&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=false&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

Where are the best places for clothes shopping. I don't know whether or not to bring a empty suitcase and go for a new wardrobe out there or should I get all my shorts n t shorts before I come. What do people wear for clubbing in places like Insomnia? Is it generally cool enough late on to wear smart jeans and a shirt?

What's Thailand like as a whole for buying smart designer type clothes?

I've got a feeling that Bangkok is going to be my best bet and a shopping spree once I land will be the best option.

If you want name-brand, you are almost certainly better off buying before you come. I ordered swimwear from the UK and had it sent here because name-brand stuff is much cheaper outside Thailand. It is usually cool enough late at night for jeans except the hottest time of year (which is right about now).

If you want tailor made items you can have that done here or BKK. Same for knock-offs. You will probably get them cheaper in BKK, but they are available here too. Just be careful. Different countries have different laws regarding counterfeit items. You might face a stiff penalty for bringing them home.

If you are into fake designer gear then Thailand is the place. If not then make sure you bring your own trendy gear with you. The girls always like a smartly dressed falang

Mike's shopping mall, upstairs they have some good designer shops,for T shirts and casual clothes try Mike's 2 just before Walking Street

Agree with you on Mike's for decent gear. You can always buy from the markets for run around shirts/shorts for day time.

A few years back, i bought a pair of cowboy boots (yeah, i know) from Findig and was so impressed with them i bought another pair on the following trip. Giving them a clean one day and noticed on the sole (real leather) that they were made in Italy.

I only buy beach type stuff now in Thailand(T shirts,shorts etc) but I do get dress shirts made by the Indian tailors all the time..they are mostly about 700-800 baht (about $26/$27 AUD) and they are good quality.I have had suits,trousers made by them as well but my wardrobe is full with this stuff now and I hardly wear them.I have found that good quality leather shoes are quite expensive in Thailand(as well as chocolate),so I never buy shoes there.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If in Bangkok, head to

a)MBK http://www.mbk-center.co.th/en/index.php

b) Pratunam Market - tons of clothes here

c) Suan Lum Night Market - a bit pricey here

d) Chatuchak weekend market

If in Pattaya, I suggest Mikes Shopping mall.

Remember that Thias are generally smaller and their clothes may not fit you properly so try everything on.

Confucius Say:

Passionate kiss like spider's web, soon lead to undoing of fly.

I was gonna bring an empty case a few weeks ago but mate said take enough for 1 week and bring jeans slacks etc; so I said fuck it and bought all my gear here......just as well imo.

You do defo get more attention from the girls if you dress trendy.

My opinion bring enough for 3 quarters of your trip and shop for a few things....

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the info guys!!!

priceless

"Naughty But Nice"

Central mall good for clothes but prices there are the same back home also there is a lacoste shop near Walking Street somewhere personally I would fetch my own stuff unless you like wearing fakes

If you are young & cool try CC OO in the malls which is similar to the American Hollister or A&F brands. Upscale with geeky colors is Jaspal. For smart casual however I prefer to shop at Florida's outlet malls for Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and other brands.

The market at end of soi buakhaow with Pattaya Tai is a great place to buy cheap T-shirts.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

If you have big money and you want designer clothes Central Festival soi 9. If you want buy some cheap t-shirt market place on 2nd Road right side in front of Dolphin traffic circle to Naklua. Every tuesday and friday also market on soi Buakhaow.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MBK looks like a great place to shop

ngkok

I usually buy things here in Thailand and most of it when I come back and already in Bangkok.

This time I only had hand luggage and bought most of my things in MBK BTS Station National Stadium or SIAM (but have to go from here)

T-shirts are on second floor and nearly on the same location. When you wear one of the fake shirt already and have a plastic bag with some clothes already inside you will get a cheaper starting price. Price is starting at 250bath but most usual is 199bath for fake Billabong, fox, oneill, armani, ecko, and so on. Ask for price and then start to argue politle and ask for discount for more than one. Don´t force them but don´t let yourself get fooled.

Fake shirt as mentioned abouve are in falang sice for tourist and in exellent quality - design is partly better than in the original or its like a best of.

Souvenier shirts are small - I need XL but they are mostly available only in L - these thailand shirts and some funny prints but no fake branding are available at 99 bath.

You will also find shoes, belts, shorts, socks, underwear everything.

In pattaya you will find the same at mikes shopping mall but not so much variety and probably for a higher starting price so mbk is more hassle free.

If you have problems with sweating - try going to one of the BIG C supermarkets. There is a sportswear brand called FBT Made in Thailand. The material from the shirt is like the one used in NIKE, Adidas and Reebook running equipment - superfast dry, light and mostly no sweat or dark tshirt anymore. Material is not so durable like nike but price is starting at 139,- bath and have many size and color. Like red, blue, black, white.... - highly recommended.

I you have a big bottom like me. Then you should be carefull on size for underwear XL is not size 7 like in europe, so underwear is good to bring from home, short and so on is ok.

Laundry is cheap there, I bring about a weeks worth, good laundry on soi Dianna by Mr. T.

Or just have the maid do it. Never had a problem with place mentioned or maid, but have had friends tell me they have had T-shirts missing, at other places. Always the nicer ones, too.

From the checking I did, the prices are more than they used to be, not the deal it used to be.

If in Bangkok, head to

a)MBK http://www.mbk-cente...th/en/index.php

b) Pratunam Market - tons of clothes here

c) Suan Lum Night Market - a bit pricey here

d) Chatuchak weekend market

If in Pattaya, I suggest Mikes Shopping mall.

Remember that Thias are generally smaller and their clothes may not fit you properly so try everything on.

Good List !!

None

• 1 month later...

I do get dress shirts made by the Indian tailors all the time..they are mostly about 700-800 baht (about $26/$27 AUD) and they are good quality.

Interesting.

I always avoid them as they will not leave you alone outside the shop. I haven't stepped in one yet. But if the shirt quality is good for £15 (750 baht) then I may be taking a look next time.

Are the shirts the 'fitted' type?

Cheers.

Interesting.

I always avoid them as they will not leave you alone outside the shop. I haven't stepped in one yet. But if the shirt quality is good for £15 (750 baht) then I may be taking a look next time.

Are the shirts the 'fitted' type?

Cheers.

All you have to do is ask them to make them "fitted style" and they will do it for you.There is a tailor in Soi LK Metro near Champagne go-go and he does a great job,it seem to be a one-man operation and he is not pushy at all.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 weeks later...

The area around pratunam is good: fashion mall, markets,...

Mbk is ok they even have shops for bigger sizes.

The chatutchak weekend market is so huge and hot in the daytime but you can find everything there(and easy to go, they have bts stop)

Archived