Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya bus crash en route to BKK

kansuwan

Bangkokbound public bus crashed into a pillar on Bang NaTrat Expressway Friday morning, claiming two lives and injuring 27 passengers. Bus driver Kitisak Piswong, 51, and a female passenger were killed instantly.

Of the 27 injured, six were in serious condition last night. The bus, with several foreigners on board, was heading for Bangkok from Pattaya in Chon Buri province. Initial investigation suggested that the bus driver might have been speeding and had to swerve suddenly to avoid another vehicle, which forced the crash. The bus was totalled in the accident.

- The Nation

Lets hope there were no BMs on board.

Alex

Wow, I would have thought considering its a bus company they would have drivers regulate their speed like they do with the bus companies here to make it a safer trip, but as above I really hope if there was a BM on there that they are safe

the bus driver might have been speeding and had to swerve suddenly to avoid another vehicle...

What a surprise!!!... :rolleyes:

It seems to me that the drivers of these busses and the minivans are obliged to drive at top speed and have right of way over most other road users.

Wow, I would have thought considering its a bus company they would have drivers regulate their speed like they do with the bus companies here to make it a safer trip, but as above I really hope if there was a BM on there that they are safe

They are regulated so that they can not go any slower than 120km/h...lol. Safety is not a high priority in Thailand.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Sad news but not unexpected having taken the early morning express public bus from Pattaya to Bangkok it was an "exciting" experience with crazy speed and lots of body roll.

Unfortunately two of our staff were on the bus. One was seriously injured and had to undergo surgery last night.

All of her colleagues feel with her and we hope she will recover soon.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Unfortunately two of our staff were on the bus. One was seriously injured and had to undergo surgery last night.

Sorry to hear that hope they make full recovery's

Been on that bus service countless times as many of us have, most drivers are ok, but you occasionally get a mad one. Makes you wonder what he was doing to get you there, maybe swerving to miss a pedestrian trying to cross

30155380-01.jpg

Here's some more details:

At 9.30am on May 13, Bangpli police and a life saving unit rushed to assist passengers of a 50-seat bus that had smashed into a concrete pillar on the Burapha Vithi express way, on Bangna-Trat road near 8th kilometer mark in Bangkaew sub-district, Bangpli, Samutprakarn province.

The bus which belonged to Rod Rungruang Tour Company had been traveling from the terminal in north Pattaya and was on its way to its Sukhumvit terminal in Bangkok.

The 51 year old driver Kitisak Pisawong, was crushed to death in the accident and an unidentified foreign woman aged about 50 who had been sitting behind the driver was also dead.

The other 27 passengers, mostly foreign tourists, were seriously injured were immediately transferred to Piyamitr Hospital and Chularat Hospital in the nearby area.

The driver’s 17 year old son who was working with his father as a bus boy on this trip was in shock and deep sorrow when he saw his departed father in the seat.

No other vehicles were involved and the police suspected that the bus may have lost control when it made its exit from the express way traveling too fast as it joined the lower road. Initial report said most of the passengers recovered from the injuries, only some were still admitted in the hospitals for further treatment.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-bangkok-bus-involved-in-fatal-crash-3403

sgu_banner.gif

Some of the pictures in the report are a bit gruesome, especially the one of which looks like the driver hanging out of the window

bit of a reality check - i've always been scared of the way the taxi drivers drive between Patts and the airport. i've never said anything - just closed my eyes and try to drift off. think next time i will tell him to slow down if i'm not comfortable.

also, it is just me or does one of the police officers look like he's smiling for the camera in one of the pictures (4th picture down - officer sticking his head out the window of the bus)?

I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

Will she be OK?...Any news?

Is she gonna be OK for $$$?

PM me if I can help.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

Will she be OK?...Any news?

Is she gonna be OK for $$$?

PM me if I can help.

Thanks mate.

This time it’s not about money. The bus company’s insurance will cover all medical bills and she is in good hands.

As far as I was informed, she is still in hospital and part of ther right foot had to be amputated.

At the moment she is unable to talk, because along with both legs her jawbone and nose were broken during the impact.

Right now it looks that she will recover slowly.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I've taken their buses lots of times this trip and am on my way again to BKK tomorrow.

I actually was on a Roong Reuang Tour bus from BKK to Pattaya the day before the accident,

and the driver rode like a maniac zigzaging all over the road with the bus.

I was scared to death we would fall off the elevated Highway and plunge down over the side!:o

The other way a few days earlier going to BKK the ride was as dangerous inspite a strong sidewind

the driver just stepped on the pedal instead of slowing down while the bus started to wobbling from side to side!

Won't surprise me if it was the same driver as in this accident!

I was on the bus again last week and noticed they drove more carefully now after the accident!:rolleyes:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I've noticed that as well Plahgat. I take the Ekkamai-Pattaya bus every 10 days or so, and have had a few hairy rides in the past. Since the crash however they been models of careful driving. Hopefully some good will come out of this tragic accident.