IGNORED

Chicken curry soup?

I went to this restaurant on beach road, walking away from Walking Street it is maybe 2-3 walk on the right hand side (obviously) i think its one of the first restaurant on the right hand side after leaving WS. Open air, 6-7 tables on the right and left wall and row in the middle, and a register on the roght back wall.

Don't really care what the restaurant is I just want this recipe. I got the "Chicken curry", well it was a big bowl of soup thin sliced chicken, chunks of potatoes onions and carrot's. the broth was made with coconut milk, and the broth was a brown/yellowish, and it tasted like a mild version of the Thai peanut sauce!!! It was insane good, served with a side of white rice. I could not get over the fact that the broth tasted like a mild peanut sauce.

I got this at 3 different places, well when I went back home and looked for a recipe online I had no luck, nor at the grocery store. At the market back home they had yellow Thia curry/sauce, but tasted NOTHING like what I had. What recipes I found online (have not yet made) and the shit in the jar looks like it is made for a stir fry sauce. Looked in many cook books have not found what looks to be judging from the recipes what I had.

Maybe I should try the recipes in the cook book. Does Thai yellow curry paste when mixed with coconut milk take like what I described?

It sounds like you are describing the either the "yellow curry" dish (which is my favorite or "massaman". I would guess Massaman based upon the peanuts. I've had massaman once or twice and I believe is uses the yellow curry too.

Red Curry

Your choice of meat cooked in red or green curry paste with coconut milk and bamboo, carrots, bell peppers, and sweet basil

Green Curry

Your choice of meat cooked in red or green curry paste with coconut milk and bamboo, carrots, bell peppers, and sweet basil

Yellow Curry

Your choice of meat cooked in yellow curry paste with coconut milk, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and carrots

Massaman

Your choice of meat cooked in massaman curry paste with coconut milk, potatoes, onions, carrot, and peanuts

Edited by texasskibum