Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Holding hands or hand through elbow

So in public TGF is reluctant to do the hand in hand thing. Instead its arm throught my elbow??? Is that a cultural thing? Or an attempt to distinguish from the PFP scene....either that or she is embarrassed to be seen with me! LOL!

I am not much into holding hands but I noticed the 2 girls I had in Thailand had the arm through the elbow, but in Philippine's the girls always held my hand. I don't know if it is just a coincident or if it just the culture.

I think every girl I've been with except one held my hand walking in public.

Last March one of the girls put her arm through my elbow. In a way, I was a bit surprised but it was just as nice.

Up to her.

I find that it is a little easier to walk attached at the elbow, especially when I am am 30cm taller than a lot of the girls.

I can understand holding hands or walking arm in arm if you are in a long term relationship, but I saw a guy walking hand in hand with a girl who had left my room 2 hours earlier. All loved up he was.

But each to their own.

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand holding hands or walking arm in arm if you are in a long term relationship, but I saw a guy walking hand in hand with a girl who had left my room 2 hours earlier. All loved up he was.

But each to their own.

I hope he appreciated all the hard work you done in warming her up

Sex is like Poker.

If you havnt got a good partner.

Then you better have a good Hand

Thai bar girls don't seem to be too embarrassed to walking around holding my hand, even though I am. I never felt really comfortable holding hands with girls, period, more of the hand through elbow type.

Yet most of bar girls I have been with immediately want to hold my hand as we walk out the bar and onto the streets. I think they are just used to doing so and take the 'lead' since I'm sure they think most guys like the GFE sort of thing (I do).

My ex did not, when she started loosening up she did hold my hand on the beach at night but not in public. You could say it's a 'cultural' thing for the general thai public yet I've seen young thai couples holding hands.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

So in public TGF is reluctant to do the hand in hand thing. Instead its arm throught my elbow??? Is that a cultural thing? Or an attempt to distinguish from the PFP scene....either that or she is embarrassed to be seen with me! LOL!

Thai's are very against showing affection in public, a big no no, a mark of respect to others around, to touch a girl in public a big no no, you can hold their hand when stepping off the bus etc, a bit of decency, or crossing the road maybe a little touch to help your girl, you see only the p4p girls holding hands and touching, a decent thai girl wont even do the arm through elbow, the p4p girls have already lost all self respect

In Pattaya they do it to tell all others back off this is my ATM tonight.

I like hand hold or hand on forearm,both are nice.

Who doesn't love a womans touch?

I know...gay guys! That goes without saying :P

Edited by PattayaFanatic

• 2 weeks later...

Thai's are very against showing affection in public, a big no no, a mark of respect to others around, to touch a girl in public a big no no, you can hold their hand when stepping off the bus etc, a bit of decency, or crossing the road maybe a little touch to help your girl, you see only the p4p girls holding hands and touching, a decent thai girl wont even do the arm through elbow, the p4p girls have already lost all self respect

Thanks mate. I suspected that was the case.

Holding hands get a bit sweaty after a while ,the tg and I had to hold pinkies on a couple of long walks during the balmy afternoons.

We always do, that is hold hands everywhere in public. I would lean to the idea of a BG would do it more than non-bg . I will ask around next trip.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

• 2 weeks later...

... a decent thai girl wont even do the arm through elbow, the p4p girls have already lost all self respect

Self-respect? Holding hands is a lack of self-respect? Come on, it is an absurd oddity of the Thai culture, that the P4P girls have fortunately overcome.

I have made the experience that the P4P business helps a lot of girls worldwide to escape from out-dated cultural restrictions. This is why I think that it is generally a good thing for the development of an independent personality that a girl works at least once in her lifetime for some time as a "business girl".

Personally I would not like my girl-friend to be a "decent girl", as you call it.

This is one of those cultural things that had me perplexed when I first came to LOS. I saw Thai girls holding each others hands in public and cuddling each other. I saw Thai men holding hands in public, and putting arms around each others shoulders and waists. But I was frequently told I mustn't hold hands or put an arm around my GF in public. So if a man holds hands with, or puts his arm around, a male friend then Thais say that's lovely (nah rak) they are good friends. But if a man holds hands or puts an arm around his woman then that's bad form and ugly (nah kliat)

I think you would find the girls aren't shy at holding hand in touristy Bangkok and Pattaya but if you where to go elsewhere ,ie , up issan , her local town and village it would be a different story . Also , they're likely to dress more conservativeyrly back home . If a girl's back home with a foreigner it may be common knowledge that she works in the P4P scene but she'll still want to act more respectfully .

Right on the money. The thais are becoming more western though and you do see it more often. If a girl does it with a farang she has thick skin as every thai watching sees her as a prostitute

If you are the same or similar age as the girl it is more likely she will

extremely rare for a girl who is not a hooker to do it though

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

• 1 month later...

Hand-holding is too namby-pamby. Choose a girls the right height for you, get her to wear a loose mini-skirt with no panties and stroll around town with one hand cupping her right buttock.

We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of our exploring is to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time.

Up to the girl I think. I understand the cultural aspect but if they want to 'own' you for the day I don't mind. I do find that it's often hard to walk down the street side by side as there just often isn't room and traffic is dangerous.

I could care less what other Thais think about falang with P4P girl and never had any bad service or disrespect from anyone when we went out. Fark...the amount of guys in the pool at my condo with a little Thai playboy having a playfull splash in the afternoon, why should I care about how I act with a GIRL in public. Whatever floats ya boat, I was actually happy for the gay guys that they could find what they were looking for, relax and have a good time too.

I am not a big fan of hand holding or even general public displays of affection (maybe I am half Thai!). If it is with your actual GF or wife I guess you have genuine affection for them so its understandable. If it is with a girl you met 10 minutes ago and taking her to your room for a couple of hours I dont really see the point. It always looks to me like either the guy or girl has "claimed" the other and is kind of showing it off.

That said, I dont get offended by it and good luck to anybody who does it. For most it is probably just part of the fantasy.

If there is genuine affection on both sides of course hold hands if you want, if it is just a one nite business transaction, up to you and her, hold hands or not.

No-one elses business. Whatever makes both of you happy and content.

Personally I find it strange to see couples together (happy) and not holding hands.

As for P4P girls having already lost all self-respect, I am sure the so called decent thai girls would love to be able to show affection in public. Silly cultural thing that inhibits their natural instincts IMO. :rolleyes:

I find holding hands or arm around waist/shoulder almost impossible to do when walking anywhere in Thailand other than a beach or in the countryside because of crowds and crowded footpaths, virtually have to walk in file. Seems everytime I walking holding hands with missis, got to break it every 10 seconds to step past somebody or something.

Its been a while since I started this thread. In the intervening period went out for a while with an educated Thai chick living in Aust. Once again it was hand through elbow??? Who knows maybe its a compromise???

well going from what the "lonely planet" guide book says, public displays of affection are a big no-no in thailand, i guess in a heavily western populated areas as Patts, holding hands etc is ok with some of the girls because lets face it 99% of them are working girls. i think that the farm fresh girls dont do it because of their cultural background and the more experienced will do it because they see it as a part of their job. generally i wont hold hands with a girl in public out of respect for her culture... yeah i know i sound like a noob but that's just me.

what i find funny is a BG will grab your cock in a crowded bar and rub it but wont hold hands with you in the street.... viva la thailand ! :Insanity:

Wow such an insight... what u r saying could be from ur perspective... but if u r dating with a decent, rich, bangkok, thai-chinese girl n u r in a loving relationship then there is nothing like what u suggested... it also depends on how u present urself, if u r young, dress neatly, then ur gf/wife will be proud to hold ur hand to show her attachment/love/care for u...