IGNORED

The Kids Mercy Mission In Pattaya Urgently Needs Help (food not money

buriramboy

I have been asked to post this on behalf of a friend, hope this doesn't break any forum rules.

The Mercy Mission takes care of 20 or so homeless, destitute, malnourished and often abused and sick children in a residential home in North Pattaya. Additionally they take food and provisions to the impoverished families existing in Pattaya's appalling slums, and they provide desperately needed support and food to the young women, often with young babies, incarcerated in the local prisons.

The Mission is run by a totally selfless and dedicated elderly Canadian couple, and they rely entirely on donations and volunteer helpers.

Here is there letter below;

July 25, 2007

Dear friends of MERCY,

It’s been a long time since we’ve had to send out a special needs letter like this, and that’s because of the many people and organizations in and around Pattaya who have become special friends of MERCY, and have given so generously to our project needs in the past. If you are one of those who’ve been a part of our care for the poor already, we applaud you and send our heart felt thanks. As it is, at the moment, our shelves are nearly bare … and so once again, we send out the call … WE NEED YOUR HELP!

I’ve included a brief outline of our weekly projects and items needed. Whether you can respond personally, or pass the need on to others, we thank everyone for doing what they can to get more people involved in a ‘tangible’ way to help us care for the poor, especially the children. At the moment we have 19 children ‘at risk’, in our children’s home, from ages 7 mo. to 8 yrs. If you haven’t been before, please come for a visit. We’d love to show you around!

Children’s Shelter needs: Except for the fruit, all these things can be kept for future use, so no worries about getting too much. MILK is the single biggest expense and nutritional need. Thanks for doing what you can to help us restock.

Milk powder (usually less expensive than individual boxed milk), is mixed with water for daily use, but any milk product people can give would be gratefully received. Children should have minimum of 2 x daily for healthy development. We are feeding children with often several years of malnutrition behind them, so try to repair the damage in their young lives.

Dried individual packages of noodle soups (Mama type), Cooking oil & Fish sauce

Disposable diapers (any brand) LARGE size (at the moment), Children’s underwear

Shower Liquid (more hygienic than using single bars of soap on so many children). Some brands make a one-in-all body wash & shampoo which is great. Anti-bacterial types are great as well, as they can help manage skin infections.

Fresh fruit at least once daily … but often they don’t have unless someone brings a special treat.

Chumchon (slums) needs: We provide about small food bags to about 100 families per week in the poorest areas of the city.

Each food bag should contain: Small bottles of fish sauce & cooking oil, 2 tins of sardines in tomato paste, 2 packages of dried noodle soup. (Mama type).

Individual boxes of UHT milk for children (when we have them) Ideally one 6 pack per week for children under school age

Baby milk powder (when we have it)

Mosquito nets (when we have them)

Blue nylon reinforced tarps (when we have them)

Towels & bedding items (used are great) when we have them.

Used clothes (as needed)

Prison needs: We visit 3 x weekly with water, fruit and sandwiches (if we have what we need to make them)

Dried soup noodles (Mama) are great to use for snack as they can be eaten dry OR mixed with hot water.

Fresh fruit is taken daily as money is available for purchase or as people donate

Bread (for sandwiches), and something to put in for filling and taste.

Individual plastic bags for distribution of sandwiches (much more sanitary), but only when we have them.

Milk boxes for children in prison … clothes and personal items (for ladies) as we are able.

Personal hotel size toiletries (shampoos, toothpaste & brush, bath/shower gel) from people who stay in hotels but don’t use the free products. They are perfect for prison AND for chumchon.

Well there you have it. Thanks for helping us gather up and restock the shelves for our care for the poor. Again, special thanks to all those who have begun to help us ‘tell the story’.

With heartfelt love & gratitude … Dianne & Fred Doell (for all of us at MERCY Center)

So if any of you wish to help, you can find more details on the Mission website. http://www.mercypattaya.org/index.html

Once on the site, you can click on ‘How can I help?’, and if you wish to know where the mission is located, click on ‘contact us’, and you will find a map, together with other details.

Cheers

Buriramboy

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Just looked at the website and checked any feedback on TV forum, it looks like a genuine set-up. Has anyone visited, or made any kind of contribution? I think I'll do something, if only to drop off a bit of food and stuff, prefer doing that to giving money until I know exactly how it is being used.

Just looked at the website and checked any feedback on TV forum, it looks like a genuine set-up. Has anyone visited, or made any kind of contribution? I think I'll do something, if only to drop off a bit of food and stuff, prefer doing that to giving money until I know exactly how it is being used.

It's 100% genuine, i have been there a couple of times with the wife and dropped off a few food parcels, and if you go in person either Dianne or Fred who are both nice people will show you round. You're like me i don't like giving money niether do a lot of people, that's why they said milk and food products and trust me if you go there and take something however small you will be welcomed with open arms and i guarantee you will go back again.

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.