IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort

AznFkr

What I liked about the hotel: clean hotel/rooms, friendly staff, loved the rice soup, a/c worked well, balcony, wi-fi, and best thing guest friendly. After your visitors leave, the hotel staff will call to make sure everything is alright. over all the hotel is a good value - you definitely get more than you pay for.

Things i didn't like: the doors. hollow doors and my door didn't lock automatically. Thankfully I never forgot - but it was disconcerting from time to time trying to remember whether I locked the door or not. And during my afternoon delight - my friend told me he heard the action from the elevator as if he was in the room. and last location. Its a walk to Walking Street and definitely a walk to Soi 6. All cured by the baht bus - but if you like to walk...

Overall - good hotel - i'd recommend this hotel if you don't mind taking the baht bus everywhere or walking quite a ways before you hit the action. the hotel is amazingly clean and the staff are friendly. The door issue is the only thing I hated about this place and the only reason why i wouldn't come back - everything else was awesome.

Its a walk to Walking Street and definitely a walk to Soi 6. All cured by the baht bus - but if you like to walk...

They have a taxi service that will take you within a 5 minute walk to Walking Street. The will also take you to Soi Buakhao and if you ask nicely Soi Diana Inn.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The 500 baht joiner fee for a 2nd girl doesn't really do it for me. I'm a fan of bringing 2 or 3 girls back with me, so the extra charges and the feeling of being made to feel like you are doing something not right (by charging you) doesn't sit well with me.

Though I admit, if I was just a one girl person, then I think It would be a top choice

I switched hotels from PBR when I was going to get charged for breaking a plastic chair on the balcony that got caught in THEIR drain hole as it wasnt covered up very well. So after much ado I was spared the 500bht for replacement but after that I said I would never go back. I usually stay at Areca Evergreen. Got charged 300bht to clean a blood stain off the sheets after f..king a girl who didnt tell me it was that time of the month...

What is it with some of these hotels ?

Got charged 300bht to clean a blood stain off the sheets after f..king a girl who didnt tell me it was that time of the month...

That's fairly normal. I have got away with it in the past by leaving 100 Baht on the sheet. I think the maid takes the sheet and cleans it before sending it to the laundry. It cuts out the hotel charge and the maid is happy.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The 500 baht joiner fee for a 2nd girl doesn't really do it for me. I'm a fan of bringing 2 or 3 girls back with me, so the extra charges and the feeling of being made to feel like you are doing something not right (by charging you) doesn't sit well with me.

Though I admit, if I was just a one girl person, then I think It would be a top choice

As far as I'm aware the joiner fee for a 2nd girl has never been charged. I've brought more than one back on numerous occasions and never a word has been mentioned. Stupid of them to keep it in their brochure/website though. I wonder why they do as in all other respects they're very monger friendly.

As far as I'm aware the joiner fee for a 2nd girl has never been charged. I've brought more than one back on numerous occasions and never a word has been mentioned. Stupid of them to keep it in their brochure/website though. I wonder why they do as in all other respects they're very monger friendly.

that piece of info might just be enough to tip my hand and book the PBR..

A few years ago while staying at the haven hotel soi 13,was having breakfast [one of the worst

ever by the way ]when the room maid walked over to my table and shoved a bloody bed sheet under my nose

and demanded i pay 200baht I paid as I was checking out direct...

that piece of info might just be enough to tip my hand and book the PBR..

I have stayed at the PBR six times and have never been charged for bringing back two guests (which I often do).

Nor have I been charged for blood on the sheets - I had a week of needing fresh sheets every day after I got carpet burns on my knees (which opened up every night when I was on the job) from shagging doggie style too much and I was never charged for this.

I have also broken furniture and had a TG try and smash the room up and I have never been charged extra for the damage.

I don’t understand the door lock thing - I have stayed in three different rooms and they all have lock when you pull the door too.

A good tip with the PBR is to tip the maid and front desk when you first arrive and things are a lot easier.

Edited by The Storm

• 3 weeks later...

Thought Id give the PBR a go after getting anoyed by some middle eastern types staying at Sunview place and can't fault the place for the price of B999 plus taxes Inc breakfast and you get the 7th night free. Gets the thumbs up from me although I did leave to stay at the much better April Suites.

Stayed there 3 times now and will defiantly be staying again, hopefully August If I get leave from work.

I think for the price you pay it's a great choice of hotel.

My only one complaint is on my last trip, a had a f@&king noisy Russian family close to my room. They seem to think the hotel corridoor was an acceptable playground for there 3 kids! Not what you need when you've had one many singhas the night before.

just got back from at week at pbr good hotel for 999 low season but next time I will stay at one of the guesthouses opposite champagne go go for only 500bht checked out the rooms last week yeah of course they are not as good but for 500 you can't go wrong.

I took 2 girls from Windmill back last week and never had any trouble did not get charged.

it is good with the security of getting in and out the elevater to the rooms and also how they call when your guest has gone, also the room service is cheap and decent food, can't comment on the breakfast though was never awake early enough.

PBR has been sold to a Korean hotel chain from BKK, I know they plan to make changes, I know the final deal does not go through until later this year and I know the staff contracts have been writen in to the sale.

So the staff will be the same for a set period after the sale but I have doubts this hotel will continue to be the same hotel many have come to like so much for a whole lot longer.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

PBR has been sold to a Korean hotel chain from BKK, I know they plan to make changes, I know the final deal does not go through until later this year and I know the staff contracts have been writen in to the sale.

So the staff will be the same for a set period after the sale but I have doubts this hotel will continue to be the same hotel many have come to like so much for a whole lot longer.

Shit I hope this not true.

Anybody got any more info on this ? as i have 2 trips pre booked later this year.

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

Shit I hope this not true.

Anybody got any more info on this ? as i have 2 trips pre booked later this year.

you should be ok for this year or at least most of it, cant see them making any changes until next year but I assure you it is 100% true.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

you should be ok for this year or at least most of it, cant see them making any changes until next year but I assure you it is 100% true.

I`m sure it is.

I have stayed at hotels that don`t charge joiner fees one season then change hands and start charging under new management.

I`m surprised they are still advertising on PA if this is the case.

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

So Dr Kim has sold up? I should be seeing him later so will get him to explain!

...Got charged 300bht to clean a blood stain off the sheets after f..king a girl who didnt tell me it was that time of the month...

It's called accepting responsibility for the actions of your guests and yourself. Although the girl may not have told you, I can't see how the hotel is to blame.

I switched hotels from PBR when I was going to get charged for breaking a plastic chair on the balcony that got caught in THEIR drain hole as it wasnt covered up very well. So after much ado I was spared the 500bht for replacement but after that I said I would never go back. I usually stay at Areca Evergreen. Got charged 300bht to clean a blood stain off the sheets after f..king a girl who didnt tell me it was that time of the month...

Sure you did not pop a cherry ?

So Dr Kim has sold up? I should be seeing him later so will get him to explain!

Yep, sold. Looks like Boem (the manager) will be going with Dr Kim so I hope the Koreans are efficient as her in replying to emails.

• 1 month later...

Yep, sold. Looks like Boem (the manager) will be going with Dr Kim so I hope the Koreans are efficient as her in replying to emails.

I'm shocked to hear this. I didn't think the place was struggling. I guess dr Kim wants to go onto new things. I've stay there since It opened, got the introductory rate and always though it was a great place to stay. I guess I'll have to look for somewhere else now.

What I loved about this place was that even though the action was not on your doorstep it was equidistant from it all. Walking, 2nd road, LK Metro etc it was great, and also. Bit quiet as well. Looks like I'll be staying at one of the new places on so bukhow.

Any recommendations from bms on a new place exactly like PBR?

• 4 weeks later...

I've just stayed there for 12 nights and agree the walls and doors are thin.

One night i Stayed alone and as luck would have it, couldn't sleep. Meaning i had the pleasure of hearing other people's pleasures... Though one of my girls was a screamer so tge cleaning ladies got a show at 9:30 one morning.

Aside from that, 2 girls commented the didn't like the location (stray dogs, small shanty stalls). Ignore the word 'resort' and you get a hotel. Though i won't be staying there again.

Tip for those staying. The quickest / safest / most attractive way to LK Metro is through Areca Lodge. Staff greeted me well i could easily have walked in and used their pools. I likes the look of it and may well stay there in October....

had a look at the rooms in june there, not worth the 1000... IMO

700 to 800 Would be more suitable :Circle_Sharks:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I have stayed at the PBR six times and have never been charged for bringing back two guests (which I often do).

Nor have I been charged for blood on the sheets - I had a week of needing fresh sheets every day after I got carpet burns on my knees (which opened up every night when I was on the job) from shagging doggie style too much and I was never charged for this.

I have also broken furniture and had a TG try and smash the room up and I have never been charged extra for the damage.

I don’t understand the door lock thing - I have stayed in three different rooms and they all have lock when you pull the door too.

A good tip with the PBR is to tip the maid and front desk when you first arrive and things are a lot easier.

Some good info strom im staying there in 5 days, how much did you tip the front desk on arrival?

"Their all my brothers same mother different fathers my mother was a slag"BRO'S BEFORE HOE'S

I think for the 999 baht at the moment pbr is a good deal, its a good central location thats just not close to anything"", but didnt bother me because i like to walk & see the sights """, they should do something about the breakfast though, not much choice or quantity """"