IGNORED

Eastiny Residence. Beware thieves!

easygoing

Hello all

I have used the Estiny Residence for my last 3 stay,s in Pattaya

This time I checked in just for 4 nights

I checked in 4thApril at 2pm (bell bus from Bangkok)

got my room ,then unpacked went to reception got a safety box

put all my belonging,s in box at about 2.30 pm on the 4th April

passport 2 credit card, $330 2 16gb memory cards flight ticket back home(Dublin via Amsterda china airlines)

I did not open my safety box until I was checking out on the 8th April at 9pm (to catch flight at 2.30am 9th april)

When I gave my key to manager to open my safety box (2key system)

He opened my safety box and it was empty everything gone

I wont go into detail about how I eventually got a temporary passport / borrowed some cash/ changed my flight ticket

at got home 4 day,s later than planned

BUT BEWARE THERE IS A THIEF WORKING BEHIND RECEPTION AT

EASTINY RESIDENCE hotel SOI 10

PS I have a detailed police report I can attach on to website if needed

Thanks for the warning.

What an awful experience.

cheers for the warning mate,why did they take your passport though ? its no good to them is it.

robbing bastards should chop there hands off.

WoW thats bad , what explanation did the manager give you for the disaperance of all the contents and what did he do to trace the thief ? as it seems an inside job with only 2 keys.

The manager just kept on saying

unbelievable unbelievabl as he opened and closed my empty safety box

DEFINITELY AN INSIDE JOB

One of the staff robbed my property

So watch out

THIEF,S WORKING AT EASTINY RESIDENCE hotel

(ps no matter what your passport is the most important item you have while travelling

more so than cash or credit cards without passport your snookered, and not easy to replace while abroad)

Take care

Do they have CCTV covering the safe deposit box's?

Eastiny Residence soi 10 has gone to the dogs!! It has a new manager who doesn't fuckin know how to run a hotel...apparently no idea!..I've been told.

My m8 had been staying there for years & wasn't happy with the service last xmas,also was asked to pay a fee of 300b for bringing a lady back...he's never ever payed to bring a lady back to the hotel.. he didn't pay & told them to fuck off! ...so now he's going to stay at The Dynasty Inn soi 13...rooms are nicer & around 400b cheaper a night.

Doesn't surprise me they stole your belongings m8....i agree with you m8...Stay away from this hotel...its bad news!

Cheers mate

will stay at the dynasty inn next trip

Anyone know why on my stay at the thieves den the eastiny residence

that all of the staff has been changed from when I stayed there in 2010

Easygoing

cheers for the warning mate,why did they take your passport though ? its no good to them is it.

robbing bastards should chop there hands off.

Your joking right? EU passports are like GOLD and stolen originals (I am told) sell for a high price on the black market.

I was on holiday in Ibiza about ten years ago and I met a guy who had a full time ‘job’ buying British passports for cash off the tourists and selling them on. The wife and I were offered £200 each for ours, we declined but we saw more than a few accept his offer.

Edited by The Storm

Hello all

passport 2 credit card, $330 2 16gb memory cards flight ticket back home(Dublin via Amsterda china airlines)

I did not open my safety box until I was checking out on the 8th April at 9pm (to catch flight at 2.30am 9th april)

I wont go into detail about how I eventually got a temporary passport / borrowed some cash/ changed my flight ticket

EASTINY RESIDENCE HOTEL SOI 10

thanks dont want to stay there for sure

Cheers mate

will stay at the dynasty inn next trip

Anyone know why on my stay at the thieves den the eastiny residence

that all of the staff has been changed from when I stayed there in 2010

Easygoing

All i know m8 is that the ex-manager Sue Nee is now running Eastiny Resort so after that happened most of the other staff followed....some are also working in soi 7 Eastiny as well.

That's BS, if you can't trust the hotel safe what's a guy to do. I've always rented hotels with hotel safe box system. Some places you can bring and use your own padlock as well as there key. I guess my criteria has just changed to include that.

The manager at Eastiny Inn soi 8 is an arsehole as well. Had a couple of run ins with him. I had pre paid my room for 2 adults + child, but i ended up having the room to myself. He still wanted to charge me 500 baht joiner fee, saying i had only booked the room for sole occupancy even though i showed him the booking form. He told me it must have been a printing error. He was very close to getting a right hook, but as we know, that is not a good idea.

Never had a problem with anything going missing during 2 stays there, but i will never go back.

For those of you who like LB's, this group of hotels are not for you.

Hi

I've stayed at the Residence on 10 on most of my trips over the last 5 years or so, not long after it was built. I chose them over the flipper group who were my regular hotel. I agree, over the past two years it's gone into a rapid state of decline. Staff attitudes, poor service, inadequate cleaning and now this. Sadly, you're right, the new manager has no idea of how to run the hotel. My friend Miss Nuu who was nightshift manager when I was last there (sept 10) must have also moved on.

to the best of my knowledge there is extensive cctv in the lobby, whether it covers the desk or if it's actually turned on is anyones guess though. However, there might have been more than one person in on it because again, far as I recall there are always 2 people on the desk at night plus a guard milling around, but I've a feeling they "cover" each other as they sleep.

I'll never stay at any of the Eastiny resorts again. I stopped at the one nearest the beach on Soi 8 a couple of years back, the room etc was fine but the service and reception staff a bunch of tossers.

I guess a theft can happen at any hotel, but it certainly doesn't come as much of a shock to learn that the Eastiny has unscrupulous staff.

Cheers

Butch

Edited by Butch

https://thailand-247.com/

r/pattaya Reddit moderators are all cowards.

Reading other BM's post's it doesn't seem to only be Eastiny Residence........sounds like all of the Eastiny hotels are causing havoc!

Another m8 of mine who had stayed there on 7 trips is also looking for another hotel, & he usually takes newbie friends on every trip.

All i know m8 is that the ex-manager Sue Nee is now running Eastiny Resort so after that happened most of the other staff followed....some are also working in soi 7 Eastiny as well.

The eastiny in Soi 7 had the same problem around 5 May, 8 rooms robbed. Same MO and same response by management. Definitely an inside job.

image.png

The eastiny in Soi 7 had the same problem around 5 May, 8 rooms robbed. Same MO and same response by management. Definitely an inside job.

Wow! It seems to be like a disease!

Surely by now the police are getting sick of hearing the Eastiny customers complaining about getting robbed....will this have an effect on all the Eastiny hotels?? 8 rooms robbed in soi 7 ain't gonna help them any :unsure:

That's BS, if you can't trust the hotel safe what's a guy to do. I've always rented hotels with hotel safe box system. Some places you can bring and use your own padlock as well as there key. I guess my criteria has just changed to include that.

Yeah putting a lock on the safe is good in theory but most in-house safes (that i've seen) don't have a latch to hook the lock through. I always have my backpack lock with me & have thought about this idea....but i've never had the right kind of safe to do so.

Hello all

EASTINY RESIDENCE HOTEL SOI 10

[/quo

Must say,if i get a safety box at the reception,i also take money from

changing TC into this box .And so i look latest all 2 days into it.Why don't you do same???

I think in my opinion it's not understandable why you don't look sometimes at it.

Sorry for your bad experience mate.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Wow...i use the E7 for my next Trip. I book my Room already.

I hope i get no Trouble.

Thanks for shearing your bad experience.

It is fear of this type of problem that has always led me to stay at Sandy Springs on Soi 13. Even though it is more expensive than a lot of places, their security is first rate, and I've never had anything missing. In fact, the way the system is set up it would nearly be impossible to get into any of the safes behind the desk, because two keys are needed and you have one of them.

Hi

they have the same kind of system at the Eastiny, you hold one key to the safety box and they hold the other (one master key to open the "left" lock, and the individual to open the "right" one, but it seems like someone has access to the Master or there are duplicates of all the keys, so even if you have your own key, they hold a copy of it.

Eastiny have really shot themselves in the foot, when regular customers like many BM's here decide to take their business elsewhere it should send a message. That said, last time the Eastiny Res on 10 was overrun by Indians, they took all the pool loungers and towels and it really pissed me off for a couple of days.

Definitely one to avoid.

Cheers

Butch

https://thailand-247.com/

r/pattaya Reddit moderators are all cowards.

Yeah putting a lock on the safe is good in theory but most in-house safes (that i've seen) don't have a latch to hook the lock through. I always have my backpack lock with me & have thought about this idea....but i've never had the right kind of safe to do so.

I know this has been mentioned before here, someone bought one so not sure how strong the strap and lock is but seems good enough:

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song