IGNORED

SMS from Thailand to UK

I know that there has been quite a few threads about this previously,

but there are always changes and new deals around.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to send txts from patts back to England?

I use localphone.com to send txts from the uk to Thailand and it only costs me 1.8p (prepay)

but i can't find anything under 5 baht for my girl to txt me from her mobile.

Anyone know?

:Bow:

true move is 1baht a minute from thai to uk my tgf calls me using true move dont know if the offer is still available

but tell her to check it out bot a text but voice call which is better

I would suggest the following. Buy her an android phone, pay for unlimited internet, (799 baht a month) install whatsapp (its free). Assuming its 5 baht a message to send texts to the UK, if she sends 5 or more a day, you will get your money back.

What I do is have roaming switched on my 12call phone. Then when I am in the uk I have a crappy old phone with 12call sim in it. She can text me on this. I can reply using 12call website for 1bht a text (dont reply from the phone itself it will cost 12bht per text). The other alternative for sending is skype at 4p per text and set the originating phone as thai number. I use this when I am not near a computer as I have skype installed on my WIndows mobile.

• 3 weeks later...

use fishtext and u can also use it on the android phone ,texts to thailand are 1p and the girlfriend replys to my thai number at the price of 2baht , as i got my thai sim in the uk just keep a few bahts on it so it dont go dead