Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Real Football is played on the Gridiron

RCHYBNKER72

a little known fact is the last time rugby was played in the olympics it was won by the usa. i think they were all ex pat englishman studying in the us tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Manggaawn

• Siam Sam

• Tez

• RCHYBNKER72

I whole heartedly agree with the rugby boys and the am 100% for Football. Futbol on the other hand is a disgrace to those who call themselves men. Explain to me the toughness of men faking injuries and literally crying tears on the field...Getting carried off the field by 6 other dudes and then immediately being ready to play once they hit the sidelines. You will never see a guy faking an injury to get a call in football, soccer on the other hand thats pretty much half the game.

The best argument against american football is the name? Come on! Someone said

that the hits in rugby are just as hard as football. Please show me the highlights. If two

guys have a head on collision full speed and can survive, I would love to see it. These

athletes are getting broken necks and concussions in pro football. Their are no athletes

in the world like american football players. These guys play with broken bones. David

Beckam has a spained ankle and he cant play. These are the best athletes in america.

And nobody has better athletes than america. That's a fact.

What a load of shite. You think concussions and broken necks don't occur in rugby? The last time i watched rugby i seemed to remember that no one was wearing a helmet and padding all over their bodies. If an American football player has a sprained ankle he wouldn't play, its no different to any other sport. And saying something like 'America has the best athletes, its a fact' is just the sort of statement i would expect from a bigoted septic such as yourself. Your the sort of idiot who talks loudly wherever you go and think you deserve better service because you're an American, and then wonder why your country and your fellow countrymen are disliked at times.

Edited by Pharang_bah
Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Its called football.

Now bear with me, FOOT BALL

Therefore you can summise that you kick a BALL with the apendage on the end of your leg called a FOOT.

In proper FOOTBALL the BALL is kicked with the FOOT for 95% of the game.

In American padded rugby they hardly kick the OVAL at all.

I rest my case melud!!

Your case is flawed.

Games like football and rugby football were being developed at roughly the same time and were called football not because a person kicks a ball with ones foot, but rather that the games were played ON FOOT. They were sports for the working classes that came about as the industrial revolution allowed them to have much more free time for leisure. The upper classes had already been playing sports because they lived lives of relative comfort and leisure already, but all the games they played were on HORSEBACK.

Granted, American Football did develop much later, but it was largely based on Rugby until the forward pass was invented.

I love football in all its incarnations, and this bickering is quite silly.

Your case is flawed.

Games like football and rugby football were being developed at roughly the same time and were called football not because a person kicks a ball with ones foot, but rather that the games were played ON FOOT. They were sports for the working classes that came about as the industrial revolution allowed them to have much more free time for leisure. The upper classes had already been playing sports because they lived lives of relative comfort and leisure already, but all the games they played were on HORSEBACK.

Granted, American Football did develop much later, but it was largely based on Rugby until the forward pass was invented.

I love football in all its incarnations, and this bickering is quite silly.

Im sorry but i could not disagree more with that. Could you please cite your source that tells you football was called so because it is played 'on foot?' What complete bollocks.

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I am sorry to inform you that IT WAS the upper class the played rugby in the beginning.

My opinion on this case:

Look around the world, In 90% of all countries Futbol is THE LEADING MAJOR sport. Africa - South America - Europe.

Only the North americans are too stubborn to see the beauty of the game.

Edited by Jozef555

I am sorry to inform you that IT WAS the upper class the played rugby in the beginning.

My opinion on this case:

Look around the world, In 90% of all countries Futbol is THE LEADING MAJOR sport. Africa - South America - Europe.

And isn't it funny that their sports are not played by most other nations with the exception of basketball. The best one is the 'world series' of baseball, yet only them and Japan play it. Pathetic.

"Up to me" since 2005

I stand corrected. I misunderstood what was meant by 'public school' in an article I read earlier which has different meaning here. The wiki article I just read does indeed say that rugby union was started in schools for middle and upper class, although rugby league was more favored by working class and there were several teams in coal mining towns as well.

It's on the way up here. As I posted before, I love all football sports and I completely spurned soccer up until a few years ago when I did a complete 180. If I can learn to love it I'm sure not ALL of us are too stubborn.

But anyways, bickering is useless and I apologize for the original poster starting such an inflammatory thread.

The wiki article I just read does indeed say that rugby union was started in schools for middle and upper class, although rugby league was more favored by working class and there were several teams in coal mining towns as well.

Correct. Perhaps this thread could be moved to the flaming section. :Thanks3:

"Up to me" since 2005

Their are no athletes in the world like american football players. These guys play with broken bones. David

Beckam has a spained ankle and he cant play. These are the best athletes in america. And nobody has better athletes than america. That's a fact.

:Crazy1::D:LMFAO: :UWish1: :DumbAss1: :Thanks3::D

pffft... Aussie rules is easily the most athletic code of football in the world and that is a fact.

While I respect the American footballer, and the injuries they get through helmets and padding, I played Rugby for 28 years as a prop forward and weighed in at 6'2" and 260/265lbs(approx 125 kilos) and very strong with it, I many times hit with the ferocity of an American foorballer, but as people have stated without padding. All I ever used was a little vaseline around the eyes and a gumshield. I have had my ears ripped off, many stitches on my face and eyes, bloody noses by the dozen, battered lips (from punches), hundreds of stitches on the back of my head and many broken bones around my body, but what a sport, and the craik before and afterwards is brilliant, along with te copious amounts of alcohol drunk. Although I may not be big enough for a forward in American football, how would you like your ribcage taken out by me moving at speed? Not very nice I can assure you, I also think the of some of Americans who play football some may not survive our roughing up process, rucking and mauling, stamping and having to run for 40 mins each half - without oxygen on standby.

I hope I have not offended anyone, I am merely stating my opinion on both sports...

So, at the end of the day (night, before someone tries to be a wig) the original game is called FOOTBALL. and until that cheat upper classed twat William Webb Ellis picked the pigs bladder up and started running with it ( Definite handball!! Penna Ref!!!!)it was played by the lower classes.

We are all agreed on this.

Therefore, to summise, REAL football is definetly NOT played on the gridiron or the bloody Rugby pitch or anywhere else apart from a proper football pitch.

M'lud

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

And isn't it funny that their sports are not played by most other nations with the exception of basketball. The best one is the 'world series' of baseball, yet only them and Japan play it. Pathetic.

My friend.. sadly I must step in to defend My Treasured past time. Baseball. Not only do Americans, Canadians and the Japanese play this wonderous game. The Island nations of the Carribean, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic (were the best players are from. Look up San Pedro de Macoris) ABC islands ( Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao) each with many players playing in the major leagues. ..um Venezuela, Mexico, Panama, Hondourus...and so many more in South America aswell. In East Asia. Korea, Taiwan, China which I name sepreatly. The Philipeans. In Europe the english have a national baseball federation (The first World Cup of baseball was held in London in 1938) as does the Netherlands,Belgium, France, Italy, Spain and a few other countries on the continant. Russia has been into baseball for quite awhile, as has the Chech Republic. In Oceana Australia (1st game played in 1857, but the game attracts little spectator or media interest. Several Australians, however, have attracted the attention of American scouts and have gone on to play in the major leagues in the United States and Japan. New Zealand, and quite a few of the islands in the territory, Saipan, Guam..etc. Baseball is a fun and difficult game..you guys like to disparrage it and call it rounders. Fine but it IS one of the most difficult games to play, aswell as demanding on the body 162 games played in the regular season a 6 month marathon of absolute heartache sometimes. Just ask Boston Redsox fans. Hehe. It is also said that to hit a 95 mile an hour fastball for a hit is the most difficult thing a man can do in sports. Then theres the slider, change up, breakingball, screwball, slurve, and the God forsaken knuckleball. Its a mentle game between a batter and a pitcher. Whats he gonna throw..? or can he hit this?

I enjoy sports mate so I dont disparage between any, rugby football, or futbol. Its all diffrent all demanding in its own right. Before I would ever knock a game I would need to play it.. hence my hatred of bridge and gin. (worked in an old home for awhile as a teen) Till You get hit by a lineman or a tackle weighing in at 350+ pounds running at speed wearing ARMOR and all you got to protect you is a helmut that will most likely pop off on contact, and some very negligable shoulderpads, and he drives you into the ground and snaps a few of your bones and your brain touches part of your skull..because its his job, he likes to see you in pain, and their paying him ridiculous money to do it. When you take that hit, and get up and say "Gimme another." then Knock it. Otherwise its a sport much like all others in that it has its fans, and should be respected for the skill and dedication it takes to play it. Much like Baseball, Rugby, Futbol, Boxing, Golf, and even Sport fishing. Its time those Master Baiters got thier respect too.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

So, at the end of the day (night, before someone tries to be a wig) the original game is called FOOTBALL.

You mean Soccer right? :P

real football gridiron bollocks how many times do they actually kick it,helmets pads all that gear they want have ago at rugby mans sport.all yank sports are shit world series baseball when their is only yanks competing in it utter bollocks

real football gridiron bollocks how many times do they actually kick it,helmets pads all that gear they want have ago at rugby mans sport.all yank sports are shit world series baseball when their is only yanks competing in it utter bollocks

Are you even reading posts? I took quite a bit of time to detail the existance of multiple nationalities that Play Baseball in the United States today. Its called the World Series for marketing reasons from way back in the early 20th century, blame them.. fucking owners looking to line thier own pockets. Much like owners today the world over.

Have you ever even played any of our sports? American Football, Baseball, Hell have you ever even played our street games like handball, murderball or freeze tag? WTF..can you not read where I said that sports should be respected regardless of were they are played? I would love to see you get drilled by Ray Lewis or Mike Strahan.. They eat thier own young. How about stepping into the batters box against Pedro Martinez, Roger Clemens, or Mariano Rivera, taking 95 plus right near your chin..which by the way is exposed. Even Better try hitting the fucking thing and getting on base. Its fine and good if you like beating your meat to Rugby or Futbol (soccer) I do it for Baesball.. life is most meaningful to me from April till Septemebr and if Im lucky November when the playoffs start. Respect the abilities of athletes its not so hard mate. I love sports and being entertained on the level that all pro athletes can provide. From table tennis to surfing, badmitton,to curling american football to rugby. No big deal dude.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Real sportsman enjoying his job.

Hope u enjoy this.

[/url][/url]

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

How can we Americans call it football when only two guys on the team ever use their feet (and they are considered the wimpiest guys on the team)?

How can we Americans call it football when only two guys on the team ever use their feet (and they are considered the wimpiest guys on the team)?

Because it evolved from Rugby Football, which in turn evolved from Football. And I'm pretty sure they all use their feet in one way or another since they're not crawling around on hands and knees. :Bitch:

Oh, someone wanted my source for the 'on foot' explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football#Etymology

Edited by progrocker

As an American, I'll say that American Footbal is truely a spectacle, that some of the players are amazing athletes, and that it can be fun to watch, but there are too many overweight (350+ pounds with 46" waists) linemen and overly specialized players like punters and field goal kickers who all together bring down the overall athleticism of the game. I really prefer the more athletic and less hyped contests of Soccer and Rugby.

• 4 weeks later...

We had to cancel our trip until january.Where can me and my buddies watch amercian football.That will be playoff time and Ill have heavy action.

Can somebody let me know what happened on the 2 point conversion at the end of the Dallas-Buffalo MNF game. I only know that Romo attempted to throw to T.O. Did T.O. drop the ball, or was Romo inaccurate? It seemed from the box score that Romo wasn't terribly accurate with his passing as he threw 5 INT's, 2 for TD returns.

TOT is having real problems here in Pattaya, so it's hard for me to log onto sports websites from the U.S. The monger boards, however, are pretty accessible.

:Insanity:

Edit: Just found out Dallas won the game - fill me in, fill me in

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Can somebody let me know what happened on the 2 point conversion at the end of the Dallas-Buffalo MNF game. I only know that Romo attempted to throw to T.O. Did T.O. drop the ball, or was Romo inaccurate? It seemed from the box score that Romo wasn't terribly accurate with his passing as he threw 5 INT's, 2 for TD returns.

TOT is having real problems here in Pattaya, so it's hard for me to log onto sports websites from the U.S. The monger boards, however, are pretty accessible.

:Insanity:

Edit: Just found out Dallas won the game - fill me in, fill me in

Unbelievable:

Romo, after being intercepted five times and also losing a fumble, drove Dallas (5-0) 80 yards and hit Patrick Crayton with a 4-yard TD pass with 20 seconds remaining. The 2-point conversion try failed when Jabari Greer stripped Terrell Owens of the ball in the end zone.

But Tony Curtis recovered the onside kick and after two completions, Folk nailed his fourth field goal, shocking the sellout crowd that came to celebrate the first Monday night home game for Buffalo (1-4) in 13 years.

FINAL SCORE: DALLAS 25 - BUFFALO 24

Unbelievable:

Romo, after being intercepted five times and also losing a fumble, drove Dallas (5-0) 80 yards and hit Patrick Crayton with a 4-yard TD pass with 20 seconds remaining. The 2-point conversion try failed when Jabari Greer stripped Terrell Owens of the ball in the end zone.

But Tony Curtis recovered the onside kick and after two completions, Folk nailed his fourth field goal, shocking the sellout crowd that came to celebrate the first Monday night home game for Buffalo (1-4) in 13 years.

FINAL SCORE: DALLAS 25 - BUFFALO 24

Thanks for the quick reply, and I gotta find out more info about this new Cowboy kicker Folk, he sure saved Romo from a piss-poor performance on MNF.

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to see a real mans sport, where they are true athletes with the physiques of gods then there is only one true answer............

DARTS :10: