IGNORED

Real Football is played on the Gridiron

RCHYBNKER72

Lets get this straight.Real football is played on the Gridiron!!.A bunch of homos running around in short shorts and knee highs kicking a ball and high fiving and doing cartwheels is not football.An NFL Player would eat one of these fruits for breakfast

I think you'll find Real football is played in Madrid, or is it Zaragoza or Betis...555

To my insular thinking Americano amigos, please.... get real on this subject, football is played & watched by more people in more countries than gridiron ever will be, it's the world's game, which America just doesn't want to get into.

Manggwaan, baseball, come on mate, how many times to they hit the ball in a game? it's less than 50 excluding the fouls...

I enjoy most sports, including baseball & gridiron (prefer college) but, Football involves putting the round ball in the back of the net, no amount of steriods will change that...5555

PS- sorry about Beckham but, it's your own fault...you guys should have supported the NASL more in the 1970's then you would have your own players by now & not need to import mr publicitywhore & his mrs...5555

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Manggaawn

• Siam Sam

• Tez

• RCHYBNKER72

I think you'll find Real football is played in Madrid, or is it Zaragoza or Betis...555

To my insular thinking Americano amigos, please.... get real on this subject, football is played & watched by more people in more countries than gridiron ever will be, it's the world's game, which America just doesn't want to get into.

Manggwaan, baseball, come on mate, how many times to they hit the ball in a game? it's less than 50 excluding the fouls...

I enjoy most sports, including baseball & gridiron (prefer college) but, Football involves putting the round ball in the back of the net, no amount of steriods will change that...5555

PS- sorry about Beckham but, it's your own fault...you guys should have supported the NASL more in the 1970's then you would have your own players by now & not need to import mr publicitywhore & his mrs...5555

Oh! Not a Real fan I’m a Barca fan!! Your in shit! See you tonight!

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

I would say Bowling or perhaps Curling :P

Thats a mans game

As is women's golf...

...sorry, they just look like men (with the exception of Michelle Wie). !

There is only one ball game and it is played with a round ball that can be kicked not an oval ball that you run with.

There is no padding for nancy boys this is a mans game.

Its physical end to end and very fast.

What is it you may ask? GAELIC FOOTBALL.

It is such a great game only the Irish can play although we do let the Brits and the Yanks have one team each. :P

And if you combine it with Aussie rules you have one violent game.

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!

i could have sworn that the majority of what you call soccer is played with your feet hence football. Or is just me not observeing both sports in the correct terminology of the actions of the game. my 25 stangs worth :P

555 The best one af all:

Hamburger - contains no ham.

:P

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

i aint got a problem with any sports bud it just makes me laugh how some peoples conceptions on " soccer " are. I dont play any sports, due to the fact that i am shite at all off them. This doesn't mean i cant have an oppinion on it. I would just love to know who came up with the idea of calling a game american football when you can hold the ball " in your HAND "and run with it.

I remeber one night in a bar a guy going on about how " soccer " was like ice hockey for pussies.........errrr. Where in the world do you get that comparison from.

1). Ice????????

2). skates????????

3). Sticks??????

4). Puck?????

5). More padding than you can shake a shitie stick at????????

am i missing a simalarity in this because as for the life of me i can't see it

As an American I can see where the guy is coming from. We like scoring and lots of it. Americans are so over-stimulated that we crave the action. Watching a three hour soccer game with no scoring is about as exciting to us as watching caterpillars screwing.

The is the main reason hockey and soccer will never make it here.

And what is up with all of the soccer players faking injury?

They look like little girls with a scraped knee...and then pop right back up and keep playing.

As an American I can see where the guy is coming from. We like scoring and lots of it. Americans are so over-stimulated that we crave the action. Watching a three hour soccer game with no scoring is about as exciting to us as watching caterpillars screwing.

The is the main reason hockey and soccer will never make it here.

And what is up with all of the soccer players faking injury?

They look like little girls with a scraped knee...and then pop right back up and keep playing.

How many 3 hour 'soccer' games have you watched then? And i agree with the players faking injury. Thats an ugly aspect of the game that has crept in from the Continent. You will not find many English players doing it, we have more respect for ourselves.

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

same same, 3 hours of football (correct terminology this time). 45 minutes + 45 minutes, if goes to extra time 15 + 15 (only in finals or knock out competitions)i think that works out at usually 2 Hours max but maybe penners then an extra 10 but that still aint 3. so most games are 1 hour 30 minutes. I agree with 1 thing though, i hate bull shit dives. this is more to do now with the stupid rules brouht in by uefa (under educated fucking association ).

what happend to the good old days where you could realy hit a player hard if they where being a piss taking twat and only get a warning. i have only 1 more thing to say about conning the ref

ronaldo diving twat

same same, 3 hours of football (correct terminology this time). 45 minutes + 45 minutes, if goes to extra time 15 + 15 (only in finals or knock out competitions)i think that works out at usually 2 Hours max but maybe penners then an extra 10 but that still aint 3. so most games are 1 hour 30 minutes. I agree with 1 thing though, i hate bull shit dives. this is more to do now with the stupid rules brouht in by uefa (under educated fucking association ).

what happend to the good old days where you could realy hit a player hard if they where being a piss taking twat and only get a warning. i have only 1 more thing to say about conning the ref

ronaldo diving twat

I agree, but he plays for my team so i have to let it go.

"Up to me" since 2005

"Gridiron" iron, says it all really, iron a slang word for poof, :LMFO:

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

one more thing a google search

the word foot is this a foot or a hand?

the word ball is it round or egg shaped the most common image results

the word football do you see a pattern here

please do the math.

football

not rotten stinking stupid fucking SOCCER

Do they have football mums in the States?

I think that's where the confusion all starts, i blame those soccer mums...

Personally i think every sport mentioned here is great in their own, it really just depends on what you are brought up on. I was a rugby player from the age of 5 and taking a ball up into a pack of Samoan forwards getting cruched and stampled on by steal studs (which is legal) definetly wakes you up. Having lived in the USA for a year when studying and playing a little gridion, i know and have seen some terrible injuries from what can be sometimes a brutal sport (but not enough endurance for me) and playing on that astro turf, jeez, it bloody hurts hitting the deck even with all the padding.

I have just started to get interested in football (soccer as we call it) jumping on the bandwagon with the aussies in the world cup, and as with all sports once you understand the rules, the game becomes alot more exciting.

In pats in September, anyone know a good bar to watch the rugby world cup pool games, where you can actually here the comentary.

In pats in September, anyone know a good bar to watch the rugby world cup pool games, where you can actually here the comentary.

I'm coming in during early September and hope to catch the World Cup as well (they don't play rugby on TV in the states anymore, much to my displeasure). I'm staying at the Queen Vic on Soi 6 and it appears from their website that they should be able to play all the games. I'll definitely be checking out my Eagles there, although I'm sure they won't advance with England and South Africa in their pool. If we can beat Samoa and Tonga then I'll be happy with our showing. I hope that either England or New Zealand wins the Cup.

As far as the football vs. rugby vs. American football debate . . . I love all three. It seems that the evolution was football begot rugby which begot American football. If rugby wasn't removed from the Olympics then American football might have never gotten popular in the states. The USA is actually the reigning gold medalists, but after the IOC gave it the axe then the sport pretty much fell off the scene in America. Oh and about the ball, ours just got pointier and more oblong after the forward pass was invented, which was already made pointier and more oblong when Rugby evolved from football.

My questions is will I be able to find NFL football or MLS soccer (football) on TV during Sept/Oct in Pattaya?

edit: oh, and NCAA American football as well.

Edited by progrocker

:D American Football!!!! Looking at them they are overdressed for riding MotoGP. Other sports protective equipment is against damage by the ball or equiment not the opposition! :D

:Blur: American Football!!!! Looking at them they are overdressed for riding MotoGP. Other sports protective equipment is against damage by the ball or equiment not the opposition! :unsure:

I dont know much about it but Rugby looks like the toughest out there.The NFL players would be crippled without padding Einstein.You must be into mens figure skating.

Personally i think every sport mentioned here is great in their own, it really just depends on what you are brought up on. I was a rugby player from the age of 5 and taking a ball up into a pack of Samoan forwards getting cruched and stampled on by steal studs (which is legal) definetly wakes you up. Having lived in the USA for a year when studying and playing a little gridion, i know and have seen some terrible injuries from what can be sometimes a brutal sport (but not enough endurance for me) and playing on that astro turf, jeez, it bloody hurts hitting the deck even with all the padding.

I have just started to get interested in football (soccer as we call it) jumping on the bandwagon with the aussies in the world cup, and as with all sports once you understand the rules, the game becomes alot more exciting.

In pats in September, anyone know a good bar to watch the rugby world cup pool games, where you can actually here the comentary. Ace Cafe in Jomtien mate. 2 X LCD screens, surround sound, no bar music, no annoying "buy me dink" BG's.... just good sport in a great little cafe with the best chef in town!

And how about some of you Septics watch the World Cup next month and then tell me your gridiron is better....... huh?

And how about some of you Septics watch the World Cup next month and then tell me your gridiron is better....... huh?

I'm going to do that.Then I'll watch some mens figure skating and decide which is more masculine.The World Cup or the skating semifinals.

Its called football.

Now bear with me, FOOT BALL

Therefore you can summise that you kick a BALL with the apendage on the end of your leg called a FOOT.

In proper FOOTBALL the BALL is kicked with the FOOT for 95% of the game.

In American padded rugby they hardly kick the OVAL at all.

I rest my case melud!!

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

The best argument against american football is the name? Come on! Someone said

that the hits in rugby are just as hard as football. Please show me the highlights. If two

guys have a head on collision full speed and can survive, I would love to see it. These

athletes are getting broken necks and concussions in pro football. Their are no athletes

in the world like american football players. These guys play with broken bones. David

Beckam has a spained ankle and he cant play. These are the best athletes in america.

And nobody has better athletes than america. That's a fact.

Lets get this straight.Real football is played on the Gridiron!!.A bunch of homos running around in short shorts and knee highs kicking a ball and high fiving and doing cartwheels is not football.An NFL Player would eat one of these fruits for breakfast

How can it be Football when you hardly ever kick the ball, more like pussy hand ball

How can it be Football when you hardly ever kick the ball, more like pussy hand ball

The NFL chearleaders could probably rough up one of the toughest soccer teams.

aussie rules is the best no padded shoulders, no stoppong for commercials

espn is broadcasting the rugby world cup so most bars will have it , but when it clashes with premiership soccer from england then it's up to what the bar puts on tv

any holes a goal