IGNORED

How do Thai's feel about Americans

zues

How do thai's feel about Americans, in particular, Soldiers/ servicemen.

I'm planning on mid tour leave to Thailand, BKK and Pattaya. But i don't want to go somewhere if the Locals have a particular aversion to me before I even get there.

Thoughts?

I'm planning on mid tour leave to Thailand, BKK and Pattaya. But i don't want to go somewhere if the Locals have a particular aversion to me before I even get there.

Thoughts?

As long as you have money in your wallet and treat them with a little respect they will love you to death.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

most thais that i have met are very freindly and will always help you i dont know what

they think of you yanks id of thought it would be the same as anyone really i have never had

problems.and dont show off with your money as long as your spending the baht thats good.

Edited by ljc

get a lot of questions like this and the answers usually are "they love Americans" (from Americans), "they love Swedes most" (from Swedes), "they say Brits tip more" (from Brits etc etc

Those are just examples - could be any country if you get my drift.

The truth is they like everyone pretty much the same. Some individuals will have pet likes and dislikes, Usually based on previous good or bad experiences, but in the main we are pretty much all the same to them.

In 24 years here I have only met heated prejudice ONCE against Americans. That was two very old men who lived in Bangkok during the blanket bombing in 1944 (I think). They clearly had no idea WHY the Americans were bombing them, they just knew a lot of people (including some of their family) were killed. As I say that happened ONE time and guys were both in their 80's and had never been told about the war let alone the reasons for it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thoughts?

They don't particularly care where you come from but they do seem to take more to people who can joke around a bit, play a few games with them, generally have a friendly disposition and the girls will take to you quicker, either that or show them a handful of baht lol.

get a lot of questions like this and the answers usually are "they love Americans" (from Americans), "they love Swedes most" (from Swedes), "they say Brits tip more" (from Brits etc etc

Those are just examples - could be any country if you get my drift.

The truth is they like everyone pretty much the same. Some individuals will have pet likes and dislikes, Usually based on previous good or bad experiences, but in the main we are pretty much all the same to them.

In 24 years here I have only met heated prejudice ONCE against Americans. That was two very old men who lived in Bangkok during the blanket bombing in 1944 (I think). They clearly had no idea WHY the Americans were bombing them, they just knew a lot of people (including some of their family) were killed. As I say that happened ONE time and guys were both in their 80's and had never been told about the war let alone the reasons for it.

Are you trying to make a joke? :)

Thanks!

I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue. But someplaces you go the locals have preconceptions and stereotypes and there's nothing you can do about it. In fact there are even places in america I make sure no one knows i'm in the military... damn hippy's!

Thanks for the replies

I agree with the comments above , low profile and treat people as you want to be treated the thais you meet will be fine with you.The girls will take to you well if you joke a bit and relax and a tip or a ladydrink always helps oil the wheels so to speak. Take it easy for a day or so and find your feet plenty of advice on the forum on do's and dont's.

Thoughts?

You will be fucking lucky if Pattaya Thai girls actually figures out what Nationality you are! They love cock and baht - enjoy and just watch out for the Soi 6 Taliban brigade they are less keen :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

Edited by tourasia

They love us. we so sexy. we handsome man. Unless you too big.

most thais are very friendly and accommodating. especially in the touristy parts of the country. of course they try to charge you as much as possible, but that goes w/ the territory.

a bit off topic, but I was recently in Angeles City Philippines. I bought a FHM magazine there and saw a quote by a filipina politician with regards ti Americans "The problem with the Americans is that they're over paid, over sexed, and over here" :LMFAO: .So I think pattaya is your best bet, but jokes aside treat the girls nice and you wont have a problem.

Thoughts?

they dont like americans. i would advise you go somewhere else.

Thoughts?

You allways be welcome to the thai people if your wallet is full and

you respect their way of live,can joke with them and treat them well

all over.no fear at all.Enjoy and feel happy.cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

The American stereotype is loud, arrogant and obnoxious but if you don't fit into this niche then you'll be made feel very welcome. On a side note I bumped into a black American in Papagayo during my recent trip and we went on a pub crawl down sois 7 and 8 and it was a learning experience. I'd been on previous crawls with a fellow whitey and we had a great time with girls very willing to play games and chat. However when I did the same with the American (who was a lovely guy I hasten to add) hardly any women spoke to us and the chill was palpable. I found this a bit embarrassing to be honest and the only thing I can come up with is the guy's colour. He was also ex-military and has had a condo in Pattaya for a few years, so I guess he's experienced this phenomenon before. A nicer guy you couldn't meet and not afraid to buy a beer yet the reaction from the girls towards us was the opposite to anything I've experienced before.