Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LEK buffet new prices

lek buffet 2 - Copy.jpg

Must be LOTS better with the almost 40% increase in price!

The signs were added a couple of days ago, but the old ones are still up in some places,

I'm not really sure whats going on.

Jim

lek buffet 1 - Copy.jpg

One is for breakfast and the other one is for dinner? The timings are offset from one another.

One is for breakfast and the other one is for dinner? The timings are offset from one another.

Thats correct.

The old prices were 110 baht for breakfast and 180 for dinner. I guess I should have said that.

Quite a price increase.

Jim

I would hope with the price increase the quality would get better. In October I went in a couple of times and it was terrible. Maybe just a bad couple of weeks but after 2 visits I never went back. I hope it has gotten better. I really liked eating there in the morning.

For 165 ThB better, in my opinion, to go to the Casa Pascal buffet.

Edited by TinTin

I was there just last week & paid 110b....have to say its pretty ordinary & most of the hot food is cold.

I would hope with the price increase the quality would get better. In October I went in a couple of times and it was terrible. Maybe just a bad couple of weeks but after 2 visits I never went back. I hope it has gotten better. I really liked eating there in the morning.

It doesn't work like that in LOS. I've been eating breakfast at the Lek since 2006 and the quality has never changed. I don't expect it to now.

They are having fairly significant inflation recently in LOS. Food an fuel prices are up.

They are having fairly significant inflation recently in LOS. Food an fuel prices are up.

The Lek's breakfasts were only just OK but a 36+% increase with no air conditioning, and 100% self service make the Apex, Bella Express or the Casa Pascal better value. I would prefer the Casa Pascal's finer dinning experience with AC, tablecloths, fresh custom ordered eggs, meats and waffles and nicer atmosphere for 165 baht.

Fuel prices are not up 36+% here and fuel prices only make up a small part of the overall food production and delivery. Maybe the others will follow suit with price increases after all it is low season and the customers decrease so the prices must rise!! :Oops1::Surrender1:

Prices in Pattaya have sky rocketed in the last few years. Drink prices, supermarket food prices, restaurant prices, bar fines, girls' fees, hotels and m/c taxi prices but this increase is way OTT. The Diana Dragon did a buffet breakfast for 110 baht in the last high season but that will probably go up also. When we take into account the devaluation of Western currencies many of these prices have in effect doubled in real terms for us falangs in the last 3 years.

Edited by yogi100

My friend ate at APEX last night. He said they have a sign posted saying that the y will increase prices

May 15. They also will be going to 150 for breakfast and 280 for dinner.

Diana will probably follow along.

Jim

Whent ones never again it's ok if u r a cheep charlie

Whent ones never again it's ok if u r a cheep charlie

the breakfast buffet and dinner buffet at the lek are both crap for 250 baht you can eat in much better resturants in pattaya

the breakfast buffet and dinner buffet at the lek are both crap for 250 baht you can eat in much better resturants in pattaya

+1

I ate at the Lek breakfast buffet the first morning on my last trip. For slightly under $4 US it wasn't a bad deal by any means, and even at $5 it's ok.

That said, I can't say I was overly impressed either. I was there right after it opened (jet lag's a bitch) and still was unimpressed at the lukewarm food temps and so so presentation.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the casa pascal?