Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flights, prices, Rewards & Aircrafts.

Thaihot

Flew on the A380 from Heathrow to Singapore (then straight on to Bangkok with Singapore Airlines) in January 2010.

We were in cattle class and got the flight for £329. Great plane, so, so quiet, even on take-off.

Here it is just before we board in rainy London.

6A47B801F5.jpg

Thanks mate love the pic.

£329 ?????? How so cheap ??????

:001_Thank_You5:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thaihot

• chivas

• PepeLePew

• hammerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a one-off I think, a mate who also travels to Thailand told me about it.

Having said that, I got London-KL flights for next February for £301.73 as well. Hotdealsuk alerted me to that one.

I've just been really lucky on a couple of occasions.

I paid £520 London-Bangkok this year which is kinda what you can expect to pay.

Emirates has fares for £560 for September 2011.

China Air via Amsterdam £664

Sexy September ?????? May be. :wub:

Emirates has fares for £560 for September 2011.

China Air via Amsterdam £664

Sexy September ?????? May be. :wub:

You can pick up Air India for £481 in September via Southall travel.

Like you probably are at this moment originally I said no way-they were excellent !!

You can pick up Air India for £481 in September via Southall travel.

Like you probably are at this moment originally I said no way-they were excellent !!

Air India not for me & Big Reg did a thread on this Airline & said they were worse than shit.

I do like a bargain but not at the expense of comfort & a certain decent standard.

Thanks for you advice & i am sure it will be picked up by many here.

Air India not for me & Big Reg did a thread on this Airline & said they were worse than shit.

I do like a bargain but not at the expense of comfort & a certain decent standard.

Thanks for you advice & i am sure it will be picked up by many here.

No problem-35" seat pitch in a 777 to Delhi.

Into brand new airport that was simply immaculate for couple hours than on a Airbus A321 to Bangkok.

They for the PRICE I rate the best ever and have flown 23 different airlines from UK to Bangkok.

No problem-35" seat pitch in a 777 to Delhi.

Into brand new airport that was simply immaculate for couple hours than on a Airbus A321 to Bangkok.

They for the PRICE I rate the best ever and have flown 23 different airlines from UK to Bangkok.

35 inch seat pitch sounds good in Boeing 777.

Can you post photos to help us here.

35 inch seat pitch sounds good in Boeing 777.

Can you post photos to help us here.

I dont have pictures of inside of Aircraft but the reason I mentioned Air India is that have been obliged to basically revamp everything in their fleet as they joined Star Alliance in July.(Or they were meant to be)

Service was good (you wouldn't fly them for eye candy though) booze whatever, food was ok.

The 777 has a misture of 33" 34" and 35" seats in economy. Go onto seat guru and you'll see the 35" seats at the back.

Delhi airport puts Swampy to shame-really great.

Check in was great-floor walkers everywhere and never seen a more efficient system in Delhi for people in transit. Yes busy but processed quickly.

Excellent.

I dont have pictures of inside of Aircraft but the reason I mentioned Air India is that have been obliged to basically revamp everything in their fleet as they joined Star Alliance in July.(Or they were meant to be)

Service was good (you wouldn't fly them for eye candy though) booze whatever, food was ok.

The 777 has a misture of 33" 34" and 35" seats in economy. Go onto seat guru and you'll see the 35" seats at the back.

Delhi airport puts Swampy to shame-really great.

Check in was great-floor walkers everywhere and never seen a more efficient system in Delhi for people in transit. Yes busy but processed quickly.

Excellent.

Thanks for the info mate.

Big Reg From Hull must be confused ??????

Reg confused? I'm flying Jet cos of him and now I find out he's booked Eva!! :wacko:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Reg confused? I'm flying Jet cos of him and now I find out he's booked Eva!! :wacko:

All jokes aside mate how much was Jet & how much was Eva ??????

What time period also ??????

Like I said Air India has been revamped because of joining Star Alliance.

Anything you've read or heard previously is now obselete.

Like I said Air India has been revamped because of joining Star Alliance.

Anything you've read or heard previously is now obselete.

BIG REG from Hull Obsolete ?????? :Club_fight1: LOL.

Thaihot I see no mention in your post about Singapore Air not charging a fee for changing an inbound flight. In the USA there's a 75 USD charge for an outbound change only. I had to pay that last time as I needed to delay my departure.

I should add that I bought a 12 month valid ticket for about the same price as EVA's.

I was disappointed to learn the airbus 380 was not available out of SFO.

The service on Singapore was very good.

Thaihot I see no mention in your post about Singapore Air not charging a fee for changing an inbound flight. In the USA there's a 75 USD charge for an outbound change only. I had to pay that last time as I needed to delay my departure.

I should add that I bought a 12 month valid ticket for about the same price as EVA's.

I was disappointed to learn the airbus 380 was not available out of SFO.

The service on Singapore was very good.

Did you fly on the A380 at any time ??????

All jokes aside mate how much was Jet & how much was Eva ??????

What time period also ??????

Jet was quoted £436 on Netflights but they are scheming gits since being taken over by Thomas Cook and eventual cost was closer to £455. Dates were for September. I think Reg posted his costs on his status.

have you seen Thai are going to upgrade the seating on their old 747s and give us economy jockeys our own IFE at last!! http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/THAIs-retrofits-aimed-at-luring-back-premium-custo-30161866.html

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I to love flying and so like the buzz of the Airport on the way over to BKK

I normally fly Singapore Airlines (Elite Gold).. OZ-SIN-BKK

I do love Sing Air but having been Gold for quite a number of years their upgrade policy

shits me off.. in that they never upgrade

here are some of my favourite Airline websites

http://www.airliners.net/

http://planefinder.net/

http://www.seatguru.com/

Jet was quoted £436 on Netflights but they are scheming gits since being taken over by Thomas Cook and eventual cost was closer to £455. Dates were for September. I think Reg posted his costs on his status.

have you seen Thai are going to upgrade the seating on their old 747s and give us economy jockeys our own IFE at last!! http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/THAIs-retrofits-aimed-at-luring-back-premium-custo-30161866.html

Well Pepe firstly £455 to fly to Bangkok is cheap so a good result for your wallet i am sure.

Yes Thai are having a refit of seats & adding a long over due PES.

I just am worried they will change the seat size & leg room & it will be smaller.

I to love flying and so like the buzz of the Airport on the way over to BKK

I normally fly Singapore Airlines (Elite Gold).. OZ-SIN-BKK

I do love Sing Air but having been Gold for quite a number of years their upgrade policy

shits me off.. in that they never upgrade

here are some of my favourite Airline websites

http://www.airliners.net/

http://planefinder.net/

http://www.seatguru.com/

Thank you for your in put & your Airline websites.

Any pics of flying on the A380 ?????

Well Pepe firstly £455 to fly to Bangkok is cheap so a good result for your wallet i am sure.

Yes Thai are having a refit of seats & adding a long over due PES.

I just am worried they will change the seat size & leg room & it will be smaller.

Good point TH. The leg room on Thai Economy was fantastic like the service. It made up for the fact everything else was pretty poor. Yes I hope they don't change that.

Edited by Pepe Le Pew

RULES

1NQq.gif

Good point TH. The leg room on Thai Economy was fantastic like the service. It made up for the fact everything else was pretty poor. Yes I hope they don't change that.

Am not too good on links but will try and pull Business Travellers report re this.

Advocating that legroom in economy was to be replaced at 31" instead of current 34".

Edited by chivas

Am not too good on links but will try and pull Business Travellers report re this.

Advocating that legroom in economy was to be replaced at 31" instead of current 34".

Terrible news if true. I'll pay a little extra to fly Thai simply because of the extra legroom' If that is gone I dont care what IFE they have, It will simply be down to price like all the other airline choices I make.

RULES

1NQq.gif

Terrible news if true. I'll pay a little extra to fly Thai simply because of the extra legroom' If that is gone I dont care what IFE they have, It will simply be down to price like all the other airline choices I make.

Wouldn't surprise me if they put one of the stupid leg rests in as well lobbing another 1" off leg room for taller passengers as whacks into shins.

If they reduce the seat pitch by 3 inches from 34 to 31 then they will have shitty small seats like BA & others.

This will be bad news IMO & I for one will not pay the big money for Thai & will move to another Airline.

Thai again use the Thai mentality its not broke so lets stick are our in & fuck it up.

Thanks Chivas for the info.

If they reduce the seat pitch by 3 inches from 34 to 31 then they will have shitty small seats like BA & others.

This will be bad news IMO & I for one will not pay the big money for Thai & will move to another Airline.

Thai again use the Thai mentality its not broke so lets stick are our in & fuck it up.

Thanks Chivas for the info.

Probably best to take a wait and see attitude.

Our German cousins have had their motor retrofitted on the Frankfurt route and haven't heard to date of them moaning (yet).

Edited by chivas