IGNORED

Flights, prices, Rewards & Aircrafts.

Thaihot

Love to fly from Bangkok to Manila & hit AC. :GoldenSmile1:

Philippine Airlines is good IMO & the prices are better than Thai on this route.

post-31229-0-45064200-1304729846.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thaihot

• chivas

• PepeLePew

• hammerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-31229-0-50668300-1304733617.jpg

Great flight & super prices from the UK in Business class to Bangkok return.

About £1,400 via Amsterdam.

Best prices & seats call China Airlines direct.

The food in Business class is top draw.

I love the time it departs Bankok 2.30AM.

Thanks for you input.

tangent ?????? No mate a flight & Aircraft fan can always have a word on my threads.

Like you I love the 747 & it has been a icon & I have been flying in them for nearly 4 decades. :GoldenSmile1:

The hole World is guilty of looking for fast profits & not seeing the bigger picture.

Thanks for the hipmunk.com advice also.

Quite welcome - always nice to run into another airline / flight enthusiast.

Quite welcome - always nice to run into another airline / flight enthusiast.

Sure, please share some of your pics here we all love info & pics of the flights to Thailand. :GoldenSmile1:

:001_Thank_You5:

Have you tried Etihad in business,very good and 2 hour layover in Abu Dhabi with good connections aint bad...

Have you tried Etihad in business,very good and 2 hour layover in Abu Dhabi with good connections aint bad...

No I have not but i have been told it is excellent.

Thanks for your input.

As a rule I fly economy.

Business lovely if you have the bucks $$$$$.

If Etihad could fly me with Danni Minogue to Bangkok then it would be a deal.

post-31229-0-34438100-1304940906.jpg

post-31229-0-63058300-1304940951.jpg

post-31229-0-81176500-1304940965.jpg

post-31229-0-44611900-1304940970.jpg

Some Airlines have the nack of promoting there name with some sexy pics.

That was bloody cheap ?????

Yeah, got lucky, I was on an flight alert site (Kayak I think) and got an alert through about a SIA megadeal while i was online, managed to get 8 seats for a group of us. Think it was to promote the A380 starting the LHR/SIN route

Swings and roundabouts though, Malaysian announced a sale last week £1 each WAY to Bkk + taxes for flights Aug to Oct working out at £349 return, read the alert a day late and could not find the price on the dates i wanted. Flights meant to be available for booking between 6-18 May. Maybe good for someone with more date options. Link below.

http://www.netflights.com/flights/flights-special-offers/malaysia-airlines.aspx?/Partner=nfeshot060511&RefID=MalaysiaAirlines

B-18206.jpg

Great flight & super prices from the UK in Business class to Bangkok return.

About £1,400 via Amsterdam.

Best prices & seats call China Airlines direct.

The food in Business class is top draw.

I love the time it departs Bankok 2.30AM.

Agree, done this flight in business also, via Lastminute.com. Great lounge in Schipol (KLM I think) close to the gate very relaxing and can use both ways, Bangkok lounge not so good. Only 5 in lower deck business on the way out, full top deck on the way back. Good service, plenty of drink and good food.

I'll have to admit to being a Airline/Points/Flight nerd as well :GoldenSmile1:

I've booked a crazy Christmas trip with my points just to sample the A380... I'm doing:

Calgary - Chicago - Miami - Frankfurt - Paris - Bangkok

With the Miami - Frankfurt in first on the Lufthansa A380 and Paris - Bangkok on Thai on the B777 that they have leased from Jet Airways with the individual first suites... Leave Christmas eve and don't get to Pattaya 'till the 27th

Fritzy

I'll have to admit to being a Airline/Points/Flight nerd as well :GoldenSmile1:

I've booked a crazy Christmas trip with my points just to sample the A380... I'm doing:

Calgary - Chicago - Miami - Frankfurt - Paris - Bangkok

With the Miami - Frankfurt in first on the Lufthansa A380 and Paris - Bangkok on Thai on the B777 that they have leased from Jet Airways with the individual first suites... Leave Christmas eve and don't get to Pattaya 'till the 27th

Fritzy

That sounds awesome mate, please would you take some pics & post them here ???

Airline/points/flight NERD yes I am, its good at times. LOL. :GoldenSmile1:

post-31229-0-77038100-1305548485.jpg

About 2 years away.

A380 London- Bangkok Business class would be nice. :GoldenSmile1:

post-31229-0-94601800-1305548692.jpg

I just booked an Emirates flight from Birmingham, end of October for £565. I like the departure time of 14:15 for a BKK arrival of 12:25 with the A380 on second leg out of Dubai.

I just booked an Emirates flight from Birmingham, end of October for £565. I like the departure time of 14:15 for a BKK arrival of 12:25 with the A380 on second leg out of Dubai.

Great price a flight on the A380 & a fantastic arrival time mate. :GoldenSmile1:

Please get some photos & share with us here on PA's ????

Great price a flight on the A380 & a fantastic arrival time mate. :GoldenSmile1:

Please get some photos & share with us here on PA's ????

I will try my best, pleased I booked it when I did cos last time I looked the earlier flight had gone and there was just the evening departure which would mean not arriving in Pattaya til after 9PM, where with this I can have a bit of sleep before hitting the town :Chokdee: I never get much sleep on the plane. :GoldenSmile1:

Excellent trip report bud :Clap9::Clap9:

I was looking at a trip for May/June/July time 2011 during the week & I released just how much of a Flight/Airline Addict I am.

Emirates came up with Netflights.com at £600 with great connection times in Dubai & two flights on the Aircraft of the moment the Airbus A380 Double Decker.

Perfect flight times & great ticket conditions thus having a 12 month ticket validity & only £75 to change the ticket any time for 12 months.

Thai Airways Direct on there own site came up at £850 & this was £75 to change the dates & a 3 month validity period to use the ticket.

I am also a member of the ROP scheme where I collect miles & claim upgrades & free Business class flights almost every year.

So my miles & points on my loyalty card are always taken in to account as the rewards can be fantastic & I am a Gold card holder with Thai who are part of the Star Alliance.

Singapore Airlines on there site came up at £1100 as we all know this airline is never cheap but do offer me 2 things one being 2 long flights on the Airbus A380 & great service may be the best of any Airline.

As well as loads of Air miles on my Gold card as they are also part of the Star Alliance.

Nearly 4000 extra than the Thai flight.

Now then I like the price of the Emirates flight but not the change as Direct is my preference.

Thai is direct great flight times & my favourite for one reason & another.

Singapore Airlines is great & gives me the experience of a great economy seat all the way from London Heathrow to Singapore & less than 2 hours of to Bangkok.

I would also get a great chance to shoot some photo's of the Aircraft & the seating, facilities. I am sure any of you who have viewed my posts will know I do love a pic. :GoldenSmile1:

The Air miles would boost my account & put me on line to retain Gold so this would give me in 2012 one free Business class flight to Thailand with Thai Airways as well as a free up grade so I would pay for a economy ticket & be up graded for free to Business class for a return flight, this would be any where the flight booked travels.

This Singapore flight means I have to fly on 2 aircraft to get to Bangkok & it is bloody expensive.

Well I will work it out with my calculator & see how the budget is nearer the time fairly soon but have any of you guys been in this dilemma ??????

Flight, Price, Aircraft, Points on Loyalty schemes & all that Flight Addict stuff ??????

I know I am a TROLL at times but my Addiction to flights & all that stuff is out of control & makes me a Flight Desk Pot.

Boar & a Anorak. :GoldenSmile1:

:Hate_Computer: :Hate_Computer: :Hate_Computer: :Hate_Computer: :Hate_Computer:

:Club_fight1: :Club_fight1: :Club_fight1: :Club_fight1:

:Flying: :Flying: :Flying: :Flying: :Flying: :Flying:

I'm a serious flying nut and frequent flyer mile whore. My three trips a year to Thailand from the US are usually booked with FF miles in business or first. Free tickets in business or first is a very nice benefit and I will choose my airlines to make sure I am accumulating miles to make it happen.

If it were me, I'd go with Thai for the ROP miles. Of course you should be able to accumulate ROP miles on Sing as they are Star Alliance. For me, I would not incur the cost and delay of the extra stop even if it is Sing, probably the best airline in the world, particularly if you are stuck in coach.

People say very good things about Eremites. I've never flown them so could not comment but I would forgo them as they are not in my alliance.

Glad you didn't mention BA. Comfort and service-wise they are no better than legacy American airlines and in so ways worse.

The 380 is a nice plane, but there are just so many people on the plane. I prefer 767s for long haul as they are cozier and don't feel as crowded. Of course, 767 are mainly used TATL and not so much in Asia. The 747 is nice and vastly prefer it over the 777. Not a big fan of airbusses.

A couple of airlines deserve honorable mention as I've used them over the years coming from the US. Cathay Pacific is almost as good as Sing. JAL and Asiana are top notch as well, but not particularly useful if coming from the West. For me, they have all be good airlines for getting to Thailand from the US.

I'm a serious flying nut and frequent flyer mile whore. My three trips a year to Thailand from the US are usually booked with FF miles in business or first. Free tickets in business or first is a very nice benefit and I will choose my airlines to make sure I am accumulating miles to make it happen.

If it were me, I'd go with Thai for the ROP miles. Of course you should be able to accumulate ROP miles on Sing as they are Star Alliance. For me, I would not incur the cost and delay of the extra stop even if it is Sing, probably the best airline in the world, particularly if you are stuck in coach.

People say very good things about Eremites. I've never flown them so could not comment but I would forgo them as they are not in my alliance.

Glad you didn't mention BA. Comfort and service-wise they are no better than legacy American airlines and in so ways worse.

The 380 is a nice plane, but there are just so many people on the plane. I prefer 767s for long haul as they are cozier and don't feel as crowded. Of course, 767 are mainly used TATL and not so much in Asia. The 747 is nice and vastly prefer it over the 777. Not a big fan of airbusses.

A couple of airlines deserve honorable mention as I've used them over the years coming from the US. Cathay Pacific is almost as good as Sing. JAL and Asiana are top notch as well, but not particularly useful if coming from the West. For me, they have all be good airlines for getting to Thailand from the US.

Thanks for the info mate. :GoldenSmile1:

I have done CP but would like to try Asiana.

WOW, the A380, what an amazing plane, thanks for all the pictures guys, but until further notice im stuck with the cattle class airlines for now :ThumbDown1:

The Boeing 747 has been and will always remain my favorite airplane -- there are so many reasons for it, from the motivations of the original engineers to build "a plane that will never crash" (and they did), to the fact that it was the one plane that seriously opened up the world to all kinds of passengers, and simply that I find it to be like a favorite jacket, comfortable, familiar and just plain awesome.

That said, I very much doubt that I will look forward to the Boeing Dreamliner with the same excitement - Boeing is no longer the company they were 40 years ago, sadly. Both Boeing and Airbus are no longer driven by engineering pride and excellence, but rather by profit, efforts to minimize costs, and to rush their respective products first to market (obviously Airbus won that race).

I think you will like the new B747-8. I was on the Lufthansa variant recently at the Everett plant. It is amazing to me that this plane was developed at the same time as the Dreamliner but takes quite a different course.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

I think you will like the new B747-8. I was on the Lufthansa variant recently at the Everett plant. It is amazing to me that this plane was developed at the same time as the Dreamliner but takes quite a different course.

That's interesting. I'm thinking about flying Lufthansa next time.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

That's interesting. I'm thinking about flying Lufthansa next time.

Lufthansa use the 747 Aircraft still from Frankfurt to Bangkok.

The new 747 is some time away as Boeing has gone slow & is number 2 behind Airbus in the manufacture & sales of Aircrafts.

The new 747 is some time away as Boeing has gone slow & is number 2 behind Airbus in the manufacture & sales of Aircrafts.

As a self-proclaimed flight fan, I thought you would be better informed

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

As a self-proclaimed flight fan, I thought you would be better informed

Sorry please tell ??????

Forgive me if I am confused with the Dream Liner Sir but just how much info do you think I can save ?????

GB's no I do have Ram. :GoldenSmile1: LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Flew on the A380 from Heathrow to Singapore (then straight on to Bangkok with Singapore Airlines) in January 2010.

We were in cattle class and got the flight for £329. Great plane, so, so quiet, even on take-off.

Here it is just before we board in rainy London.

6A47B801F5.jpg

Edited by Lcc