IGNORED

Boat to Hua Hin?

JanA

Will make a 3-4 days trip to Hua Hin in June. Anybody who knows about boats between Pat and HH?

I´m also grateful for some advise about GF-hotels, nightlife info, prices compare to Pat etc.

Thanks in advance!

P P villa and the Jed pee nong hotel both clean gf hotels right in the centre of town for about 1000 baht a night, guesthouse like Jings are highly rated and cheaper.

Nightlife in Hua Hin is really small compared too Patts, around 60 or 70 beer bars and no gogos at all.

Clampdowns by the police were happening for a while after Xmas , closing all the bars at 12 every night but think it's back too normal now (around 2). The area near the Hilton has karaoke bars open till 5 or 6 am with freelancers around.

The club in the Hilton itself also has freelancers every night.

Prices are definately more expensive than patts for beer and food but the bar girls are usually happy with the standard rate 1000 LT but too be honest there are very few stunners but most have a good attitude.

Please remember Hua Hin is regarded as HM the Kings second home and any behaviour that the police regard as disrespectful is harshly dealt with ( not saying for a second you would behave that way ;-) ).but I have witnessed the police action when farangs step out of line,

I find it a great place too chill and recharge the batteries before heading too Bangkok or pattaya

P P villa and the Jed pee nong hotel both clean gf hotels right in the centre of town for about 1000 baht a night, guesthouse like Jings are highly rated and cheaper.

Nightlife in Hua Hin is really small compared too Patts, around 60 or 70 beer bars and no gogos at all.

Clampdowns by the police were happening for a while after Xmas , closing all the bars at 12 every night but think it's back too normal now (around 2). The area near the Hilton has karaoke bars open till 5 or 6 am with freelancers around.

The club in the Hilton itself also has freelancers every night.

Prices are definately more expensive than patts for beer and food but the bar girls are usually happy with the standard rate 1000 LT but too be honest there are very few stunners but most have a good attitude.

Please remember Hua Hin is regarded as HM the Kings second home and any behaviour that the police regard as disrespectful is harshly dealt with ( not saying for a second you would behave that way ;-) ).but I have witnessed the police action when farangs step out of line,

I find it a great place too chill and recharge the batteries before heading too Bangkok or pattaya

Thank you happyblueyes, very helpful.

I will try to behave.......

Do you by chance know anything about "Thipurai City Hotel". Looks nice but how about the GF-status?

Never stayed at that hotel but I'm sure it's girl friendly after Reading about it on "Hua Hin After Dark" website ( loads of info on there about Hua Hin , maps etc.) will double check for you and let you know

Thipurai city hotel on poolsuk rd seems to be gf according to Hua Hin After Dark forum, fairly good reviews as well, looks ok from outside from the times iv walked by it

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you happyblueyes, very helpful.

I will try to behave.......

Do you by chance know anything about "Thipurai City Hotel". Looks nice but how about the GF-status?

Very nice hotel,only small swimming pool ;but well deal for money/quality -> when i was there girlfriendly aswell

Re the ferry

Tried it and WILL use it again - its a pleasant 3 and half hour ride. Costs 1600 baht one way.

JUST for info

BUS takes about 4 and half hours (+ stopover time in BKK usualy 20-30 minutes) and costs around 240 baht in total one way.

Given the choice I would take the ferry - just posting that info for anyone considering the trip.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Stayed in the Manthana House hotel and can recommend, good rating on trip advisor, girl friendly,next to the night market and local to a lot of restaurants and food stalls but only a 10 min walk to Soi Bintabaht across main road and through the temple.

Quite a few Scandanavian/European expat bars with a bit of a live Jazz scene and lots of impromptu jammin sessions, people just turning up with instruments, made a pleasant change.