IGNORED

the Metropolitan Sathorn $75

wackyjacky

I paid big $$ for this place when it opened. I guess it's not the coolest place in town anymore (still like the Met Bar though). If you want to stay down that way, you can't beat this deal. City Room is 300 sqft for $75 (ai) and the Met Room is 2X that size for $90. It's available on Jetsetter for a week, with dates through Sept. PM me your e-mail if you need an invite. wj

I have stayed many times at Banyan Tree when the company was paying. Next door to Metropolitan. They arent really in good handy locations for either Silom or Sukhumvit. Well maybe Silom as its a short walk up Convent Road. I pref to stay on Sukh nowadays

if I can be bothered with bkk

• 4 weeks later...

I always stay at The Met whenever I am in Bangkok, over 7 years now, the quality and service is unbeleivable for the cost, if you can afford 3500baht per night it has to be the place to stay, Cool and sophisticated it is without doubt, a hotel to impress.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip, I've not been to Bangkok before and was thinking of staying here, is this hotel still ok to take a girl back to, or is it too up market?

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure if you mean it is ok to take a girl back, or that I should look for

a different hotel.

• 1 month later...

Stayed here last week, and can only praise the place, nothing is too much trouble.

Rooms are fantastic, mine had an outside shower along with the usual one in the bathroom, was great fun

showering with the girls outside in the heat. They liked it more than me.....!!!