IGNORED

Beware of these Chemists

Jumbo 2

We all know how Thais charge us Farangs much more for things, but Chemists are the worst!

I have just been asked for 1200bht for a box of my Blood Pressure tablets when the right price is just 650bht at a chemist near soi Metro. They also asked 200bht for some Antihistamine pills that are really just 60bht! Needless to say I refused to pay those inflated prices and went to the Chemist in Big C (south) where they did not try to rip me off.

Another good chemist is Fascino's. They have shops in North and South Pattaya. I recommend them both to you guys.

Sure, sure I know. Not every chemist in Pattaya is a rip-off artist. BUT too many are.......So be warned!!!

Pharmacy next to Pooks Bar on Soi Buakhao always good advice, never get feel overcharged. Pharmacy on the corner of Soi Chaiypoon/Soi Buakhao (next to Oasis Agogo) always want to sell you 500bht antibiotics for the most minor ailment.

Fascino's has a good reputation.

And they now have another outlet in Pattaya Klang if this helps anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know how Thais charge us Farangs much more for things, but Chemists are the worst!

I have just been asked for 1200bht for a box of my Blood Pressure tablets when the right price is just 650bht at a chemist near soi Metro. They also asked 200bht for some Antihistamine pills that are really just 60bht! Needless to say I refused to pay those inflated prices and went to the Chemist in Big C (south) where they did not try to rip me off.

Another good chemist is Fascino's. They have shops in North and South Pattaya. I recommend them both to you guys.

Sure, sure I know. Not every chemist in Pattaya is a rip-off artist. BUT too many are.......So be warned!!!

You going to a doctor to get the blood pressure pill advice? I wonder because when I come over next time I'm gonna have to find a doctor to tell me which pills to take to reduce the blood pressure.

I usually find it helps to ask for the generic name, rather than the brand name, as the difference in price can be vast.

Be scene and not herd.

:Hello: when i went in to a chemist just off beach road for come thing for heartburn i was told it priced at 400b for 2 :NoNo3: ,when i said i would go back to my hotel on a motorbike taxi and get ones i left in my room the chemist said i will get you the generic ones and they were 50b for 10 :GrinNod1: . i also fined the chemist near pook bar very help full and now go there. :001_Thank_You5:

Pharmacy next to Pooks Bar on Soi Buakhao always good advice, never get feel overcharged. Pharmacy on the corner of Soi Chaiypoon/Soi Buakhao (next to Oasis Agogo) always want to sell you 500bht antibiotics for the most minor ailment.

The one next to Pook's bar must be the cheapest in Pattaya amd the women are very helpful as well. Many fellows refer to this pharmacy as 'The Two Fat Birds' Chemist' because of the portly figures of the ladies that run the establishment.