Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Good Hotel

Atlantic

I have just stayed for 4 nights at the Ascott at Sathorn

What a brilliant place to stay. It handy for the sky Train and two other rapid transit systems.

Just 5 minutes walk away.

So nowhere is far to go in BKK.

Its a sort of serviced apartment so no security issues for guests etc. In room safes and no visitor issues. Key cards operated doors and all the lifts etc.

Its as if you owned the apartment. Just like you should expect.

The rooms are top line. You get a one bedroom suite, bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchenette!! fittings are top line and very business orientated.

The bathroom has a full bath and also separate walk in shower rain or normal provided.

The kitchen is fully fitted with all cutlery glasses and plates etc enough for two people to eat and cook. Full size cooker and hob plus microwave.

It has a washing machine too and even detergent is provided.

There is a flat screen large TV in the bedroom and a full size home cinema system with DVD etc in the lounge !!

It has a nice bar and grill if you want to eat in.

The Ascott has a full size Health and fitness centre and membership is free with residency. Great swimming pool and facilities . The best equipped gym I have seen for some time its just huge with at least 8 running machines (which i like) and a full weights based gym too.

Two rooms for organised aerobics and steam room and sauna. It just doesn't get better than that.

I spent 4 days there with my GF and we spent a lot of time in the Paragon shopping, eating and entertainment complex just a few stops (sky train) away. But Nana is easel reached etc . Its very central.

Cost is about 3500bht a night with breakfast (but we never made that as it ends at 1030) well worth it.

Getting to the airport for an early morning flight was a doddle too. It leads straight onto the toll road.

Sometimes its just silly paying less when you could have so much more.

Ascott is a very well managed chain of serviced apartments. I've stayed at the one in Singapore several times.

Ive always wanted to stay at the ascot purely for their gym and big rooms.

More info about their gym, did they have bench press? how heavy was their biggest dumbell.

Also their barbell were there squats racks?

any pics?

cheers :)

• 3 months later...

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Bangkok. Costly but very nice. Night doorman checks girls ID's prior to entering elevator at night.

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Bangkok. Costly but very nice. Night doorman checks girls ID's prior to entering elevator at night.