IGNORED

Fusion Suites Bangkok

Seh Dum

P1080132_800x600.JPG

Intro

I spent a couple days in Bangkok to get away from all the crazies with water pipes and pistols. For the people who were not aware, they only celebrated from the 13th through 15th in Bangkok, as opposed to Pattaya where it was the 13th through the 19th. I love Songkran and what it represents, but don’t like getting wet THAT much. I did it last year, had a blast, but I think once is more than enough for me.

Wasn’t quite sure where I wanted to stay and it was a last minute trip, so checked out www.Agoda.com and found Fusion Suites. It is a quaint little boutique style with 8 floors and great décor.

It is situated on Sukhumvit, Soi 21, near the Asoke BTS Station. One of the main reasons I chose this hotel was the proximity to the BTS as it was to be my major mode of transportation. A full day pass (unlimited number of rides until midnight) is 120 THB and worth every Satang. I averaged almost 6-7 trips on the Skytrain each day that I was there. Big thanks to Cerberus and his recommendation to stay off the roads, Bangkok traffic is ridiculously packed from what I saw.

It also has a very close proximity to some of the major entertainment venues.

Soi Cowboy is less than a two minutes’ walk right around the corner and Nana station is the next stop on the BTS. Getting from my hotel room to Nana Entertainment Complex took less than 10 Minutes. I did not get a chance to go to Washington Square, but apparently it is also within easy walking distance on Soi 23.

Also, there is a Health Land massage and Day Spa right across the street if you want to relax or if you are traveling with a girlfriend or wife.

Room

I’m a relatively simple man. I am quite comfortable in studio style rooms. I may book a suite if traveling with a companion to ensure I have the proper amount of ME time. Agoda was running a last minute special so I booked the Superior Room at 1613 THB per night, well below the Rack Rate of 3,000 THB. Overall, their website seems to have very competitive rates, just take note when you are taking advantage of their “special” offers, they are non refundable and non amendable a majority of the time.

P1080043_800x600.JPGP1080094_800x600.JPG

At 32 square meters they made great use of the space. It included a king size bed, computer desk, 27 in flat panel TV with iPod dock and DVD player. Closet, Fridge, Mini bar, with complimentary water and coffee.

In room safe, easy to program and big enough for a 13 in laptop along with other items. Unfortunately for me, I run around with 15.4 in Dell XPS. So I was relegated to using my laptop lock chained to the desk instead.

P1080166_800x600.JPG

Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and at very good speed. One benefit of having a smaller hotel is less traffic on the routers. I experienced no drag or delays, which I found is often the case around Thailand. They also have two computer stations downstairs in the lobby if you want to travel light and leave your laptop at home.

P1080148_800x600.JPG

Personally, when staying in any hotel, my “make or break” feature would be the shower. This one gets two thumbs up. Extra large overhead shower, with an optional hand held spray. It had great water pressure and good temperature control. Showers like this help you escape reality, even if it is only 10-20 minutes at a time.

P1080036_450x600.JPG

Service and Staff

The staff was very friendly and cordial. Every one that I came across speaks very good English, including both of the very cute receptionists.

P1080107_800x600.JPG

They have their own Tuk Tuk if you need help getting around. I found that it was rather scarce, especially at night. I suppose the early bird gets the worm so no complaints here.

P1080135_800x600.JPG

They do not have a posted guest policy and I was not stopped at reception any of the times I had brought a guest to the hotel. At the least, I was expecting an ID check, I would imagine there is little to no problems at this hotel to make them feel that it is necessary to change their position on this matter.

The do serve breakfast from 6am-10am that you can purchase when you book your reservation or at the hotel reception. It included the usual suspects; milk, muffins, cereal, juices, fruits, bacon and sausage. They also make eggs to order. I did not get a chance to partake so I can’t comment on the food.

Regardless if it was 1pm or 1am, I was always greeted with a warm hello and a smile and there is typically one member of the staff at the front whether it is to take you somewhere themselves or help you flag down a taxi.

Conclusion

Overall, I found it to be a pleasant experience. Great Location, Great Staff, Great hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive escape into the city but close enough to the action that you can still find your way into trouble relatively easy.

P1080122_800x600.JPG

I have included a link to Agoda and Fusion Suites websites along with some pictures, just in case I forgot anything. If you had any other questions, please feel free to ask or send me a PM.

Book On Agoda

Fusion Suites Bangkok

Thanks for the info & pics on this BKK hotel.

Always good to view & be bought up to speed.

:001_Thank_You5:

Looks good, thanks for taking the time to review.

Retired

Thanks for that

Looks like a really nice place..especially like the decor..

Cheers

The decor was simple and well done. I don't like the big fancy hotels. Makes you feel like you are sitting in your grandmothers living room on a plastic covered sofa afraid to touch anything. :unsure:

I didn't notice any windows in the room. Have one?

Retired

I didn't notice any windows in the room. Have one?

Great question. Sorry about forgetting that info.

As Cerberus mentioned the blinds are pulled down, however, the windows are purely aesthetic. They have a vegetation wallpaper about 6 inches outside the window, just in case you felt claustrophobic. 5555

Nice in depth report. I normally stay at Dream when I am there with the Mrs. If alone, usually soi 4 (Royal Ivory). Next time in town, may have to take the Mrs there....

Thanks.

P.S.

Potato Salad tomorrow.

Potato Salad tomorrow.

fingers crossed for some green bean casserole?????

Hi Seh Dum,

This is a very detailed and informative report in a Bangkok hotel.

I have started a thread "Updates on GF hotels, Rates and Review" in Bangkok Addicts. I would like to invite you to put your above report in this page http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/839-updates-on-gf-hotels-rates-and-reviews/

• 2 weeks later...

My friend stayed in the hotel too. Like the decor, mood light in the elevator was a nice touch. They decorate the room with old construction photos of the hotel and also use some of the old bars to make the furniture in the rooms. Very cool. No problems with guests. The only draw back is the breakfast but if your even up for that then it's a non-issue. And no pool. But other than that highly recommended for the location and cleanliness. Excellent hotel.

• 4 months later...

Just booked a Deluxe Suite at Fusion! I will post a review once I gain the experience from being there! Thx for the heads up bro!