IGNORED

Firefox 4

chris2004

I have always used Firefox and thought it was very good. I used the version 3.... something with no problem.

I had a prompt recently to upgrade to Firefox 4 which i did. Every since i have been unable to use Firefox. I open the browser it lets me do a few key strokes then 'locks up'. No keys work. I have to do a Ctrl Alt Del to exit. I have tried an uninstall and reinstall with the same result.

Any ideas on the problem?

Foook F/fox

I moved to Chrome for the same reasons.

It is fast as well.

Only problem is U can't use Real Player to download of Chrome.

So in those cases I will go back to Ex or F/Fox

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

I had the opposite experience. My Firefox 3 was not working until I loaded Firefox 4. It works great now.

Virus?

NUP!!

Got Kaspersky and it does a great job!!!

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

I have some issues too since I've upgraded to Firefox 4, almost all the plugins and my Password Manager stopped working. Usually this gets fixed in a few weeks after an upgrade like this. But I cant seem to find a way to downgrade back to Firefox 3.

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

• 2 weeks later...

I also use Firefox 4 now with upgrading version 3 and it is much better than 3 just some plugins are not work properly but there alternative are there which work very well.

I have some issues too since I've upgraded to Firefox 4, almost all the plugins and my Password Manager stopped working. Usually this gets fixed in a few weeks after an upgrade like this. But I cant seem to find a way to downgrade back to Firefox 3.

Same with me - a colossal pain in the arse that add-on suppliers didn't get to test with the new version. It made Firefox almost as painful as IE and I found it nearly impossible to find a download for 3.6, but got one in the end from Filehippo. Incidentally, I'm still getting updates for 3.6, although some hints to update to the 'latest and greatest'...until the add-ons catch up, I'm sticking to what works.

It is generally not a good idea to upgrade your browser immediately. FF 4.0 could have many security holes that still need to be fixed. If, like me, you use internet banking and shopping online ...etc, it is important to ensure that you have a stable fixed-up browser and not use a new browser that could have many security issues.

It is good to have a backup browser. I use chrome mainly now, very secure and fast. Firefox has better extensions and FF4 is quite fast as well, however, for any secure browsing, I use chrome. Try Internet Explorer 9 as well, quite good, in benchmarks it achieved better compatibility with various internet websites than both chrome and firefox. However, IE is slower.

I personally use chrome most of the time. A couple of extensions that I need in certain websites exist only in firefox and I use it for that. My bank website does not allow chrome, so I use IE for that. I used to use firefox for my banking, but I will not do that until version 4 stabilizes and all the security gets fixed up.

I use 4 and haven't had a bit of trouble. Only use a few of the standard add ons, but not one single problem so far.