IGNORED

Best UK to BKK Flights July 2011

OB1KENOBEE

Hi all ....just wondered if any of you good people had managed to get return flights from UK mid July this year around the £500 mark. Im struggling to beat £600 at the mo! My preferred departure airport is Manchester and dont mind which route providing theres not too long a lay over!

Hi all ....just wondered if any of you good people had managed to get return flights from UK mid July this year around the £500 mark. Im struggling to beat £600 at the mo! My preferred departure airport is Manchester and dont mind which route providing theres not too long a lay over!

I think Emirates were on netflights.com yesterday showing fares at about £580.

Mid July is the kids School holiday period & the prices tend to go up so my advice would be book it now as it will only increase in price.

All the best & let us know how you get on with your prices & booking your flights.

:001_Thank_You5:

• 3 weeks later...

I've found some as low as £350 so long as I'm prepared to bin the return which is starting to look like the best option. I was intending on flying in without a return ticket but judging from some posts in this part of the forum that's a dangerous plan as you're likely to get refused entry.

Can anyone advise on maybe flying into a nearby country and then travelling overland, I want to see Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam as well as Thailand so I might be able to make a plan which lets me do that while making my flight plans a bit cheaper and simpler.

I've found some as low as £350 so long as I'm prepared to bin the return which is starting to look like the best option. I was intending on flying in without a return ticket but judging from some posts in this part of the forum that's a dangerous plan as you're likely to get refused entry.

Can anyone advise on maybe flying into a nearby country and then travelling overland, I want to see Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam as well as Thailand so I might be able to make a plan which lets me do that while making my flight plans a bit cheaper and simpler.

I flew in one-way recently with Kingfisher, on a 60 day tourist visa, and didn't have any problems; paid £330.

The problem is not with immigration but the airline. Emirates are pretty strict I've heard. :Circle_Sharks:

sgu_banner.gif

I flew in one-way recently with Kingfisher, on a 60 day tourist visa, and didn't have any problems; paid £330.

The problem is not with immigration but the airline. Emirates are pretty strict I've heard. :Circle_Sharks:

Thanks. I'll make sure to double check with the airline before I book.

Did you get your visa before you left?, I've been under the impression that you got your first 30 day visa when you first flew in.

Thanks. I'll make sure to double check with the airline before I book.

Did you get your visa before you left?, I've been under the impression that you got your first 30 day visa when you first flew in.

Yes, I got my 60 day tourist visa before I left, from the Thai Consulate in Hull; free & 3 days turnaround. BTW the 30 days you get when you arrive is not a visa, it's a visa exemption & immigration will not allow you into Thailand with a one-way ticket.

sgu_banner.gif

Flights have jumped up in price since last year I have got an Emirates flight out of Manchester for next week for £555.00 Grear timings out of MAN and BKK http://www.wefly.co.uk/index.php I could have had one for £499.00 on Qatar but the return flight was 32 hours ... last year I had a super Air France Flight for £430.00 I have used the WeFly site for a couple of years and always been happy with pricing and service.

Farang on Holiday - "Erotic" is when you use a feather - "kinky" involves the whole chicken.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional - anon

Yes, I got my 60 day tourist visa before I left, from the Thai Consulate in Hull; free & 3 days turnaround. BTW the 30 days you get when you arrive is not a visa, it's a visa exemption & immigration will not allow you into Thailand with a one-way ticket.

Apologies mate, I'm confused. You say you flew in one way with no problems but then that you can't fly in with a one way ticket. Scuse me for being a tard.

They wont even let you on the plane in the UK if don't have a return ticket or a visa that allows you to stay in Thailand. In july they take the P??S once the schools close for the six weeks summer holiday. The air fares just go one way.

Dave

They wont even let you on the plane in the UK if don't have a return ticket or a visa that allows you to stay in Thailand. In july they take the P??S once the schools close for the six weeks summer holiday. The air fares just go one way.

So if I get a 60 day visa while I'm still in the UK I don't need the return ticket or do I need both for definate?

Apologies mate, I'm confused. You say you flew in one way with no problems but then that you can't fly in with a one way ticket. Scuse me for being a tard.

You're allowed to fly one-way with ANY visa (including a 60 day tourist visa). Again the '30 day visa exemption' is NOT a visa, so you will not be able to fly one-way on that basis. From the Hull consulate website:

Please note that under Thailand’s immigration rules it is allowed for a foreigner to fly to Thailand on a one-way ticket only if they are in possession of a valid visa which they can present when they check-in for their flight to Thailand.

Without such a visa the traveller will not be allowed to board their flight to Thailand with a one-way ticket.

Please also note that some flight operators may be reluctant to accept a traveller to Thailand with a one-way ticket even if they are in possession of a valid visa. This may be something to do with rules or regulations imposed by the flight operator. Accordingly, we advise all travellers to check this with their airway carrier (not travel agent) well

in advance of travelling to avoid last minute complications.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Visa rules for one-way flight.doc

sgu_banner.gif

You're allowed to fly one-way with ANY visa (including a 60 day tourist visa). Again the '30 day visa exemption' is NOT a visa, so you will not be able to fly one-way on that basis. From the Hull consulate website:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Visa rules for one-way flight.doc

Muchos gracias amigo!