Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Are you ready? Songkran is coming

benny31

Are you ready? Songkran is coming. :rolleyes:

Or are you going to escape this "watersports"?

R U  ready.jpg

water-gun.jpg

Dislike Songkran in Pattaya, but love Songkran in Isaan. The true meaning of Songkran has been hijaked by drunken tourists throwing water at others for days on end .

imagesCAUYMJ3F.jpg

s1.jpg

imagesCAGR1AG9.jpg

I heard that this year in Pattaya there will be 2 days of water throwing. Not only on the 19th but also on the 20nd. Is that true and if so it will be be more crazy then it was before. Complete drunken thai who goes on in the night and the next mornig will cause more fights and deadly accidents then before. Anybody know about this year 2 days Songkran. Please let it be nor true.

I heard that this year in Pattaya there will be 2 days of water throwing. Not only on the 19th but also on the 20nd. Is that true and if so it will be be more crazy then it was before. Complete drunken thai who goes on in the night and the next mornig will cause more fights and deadly accidents then before. Anybody know about this year 2 days Songkran. Please let it be nor true.

I think you mean 8 days of water throwing, yes it's true.

I was there last year for Songkran

Once is enough for me.

Not that im a miserable bugger or anything but this year I arrive just as it finishes.

Ubique.

so many different dates for songkran does anyone no for sure 1st and last day ....?

I think it starts on the 13th and finishes on the 20th (extended one day) but who knows! it's flexible.

Ok, please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe -

It marks Thai New Year and is set for 13th-15th April in Thailand.

BUT......

Pattaya (not being part of Thailand) has fixed 17th-19th April as the "celebration" dates. And this has now been extended to the 20th(?).

So, expect to get wet (get cold, get eye & ear infections, get knocked down by a drunk driver, get p***ed off) 13th-20th April.... :Insanity:

Edited by mcb

No matter where you go, there you are....

In Pattaya it goes on for at least 2 weeks.

so many different dates for songkran does anyone no for sure 1st and last day ....?

The traditional Thai New Year (Songkran) begins on 13th April and lasts for 3 days. In Pattaya it lasts until there's no water left.

Edited by Harmen

The traditional Thai New Year (Songkran) begins on 13th April and lasts for 3 days. In Pattaya it lasts until there's no water left.

and that have that ocean so handy .... :Laugh1:

I was there last year for Songkran

Once is enough for me.

Not that im a miserable bugger or anything but this year I arrive just as it finishes.

Hey you miserable bugger, not long to go now!

Catch you on the 22nd

JD

Hey you miserable bugger, not long to go now!

Catch you on the 22nd

JD

Ha ha!!!

Right misery guts I am!!

See you soon old bean, Tally Ho!!!!

Ubique.

Songkran,

probably the worst time of the year to be in pattaya imho

not a great fan of being covered in stinky water :GoldenSmile1:

post-6000-0-51163300-1302106955.jpg

post-6000-0-37388200-1302106991.jpg

i really love them haha

post-6000-0-51163300-1302106955.jpg

post-6000-0-37388200-1302106991.jpg

i really love them haha