IGNORED

60 day extension?

lostmymoneysoi6

Hi A friend of mine had no visa in his passport, only the 30 day exemption he got at the airport when he arrived, instead of doing a visa when his 30 were over, he took the offer of a visa agent place, that said they would get him 60 day without him having to leave the country...

he gave them his passport and the next day he got it back with a STAMP from chonburi immigration in it that says hes allowed to stay until so and so 60 days later. The stamp looks just like the extension stamps i have for the 30 day extension on my 60 day tourist visas....

does anyone know about these, and are they legit? if not what can he do about getting a legit visa now?( the original 30 days are over..)

There was a case recently were someone did something similar to that. They were caught leaving the country with a counterfeit stamp in their passport.

The only way of getting a legit visa is to go to one of the surrounding countries.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

so what happens now? can he still get a legit visa in his passport by doing a visa run? or will he get arrested or something when he tries to leave the country?

Edited by lostmymoneysoi6

so what happens now? can he still get a legit visa in his passport by doing a visa run? or will he get arrested or something when he tries to leave the country?

I think it was a she and she was arrested when leaving the country. If you aleady have one of these stamps in your passport you might want to consider losing it and getting a new one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

it could be possible the visa company asked for an extension from Chonburi immigration based on a medical condition, this would be the only way to get a real stamp. If he is sick or not it is a different issue

Extremely foolish allowing anyone to take your passport away.

• 4 weeks later...

My understanding is that extensions must be applied for in person and visa agems will help you fill in the forms and sometimes take you to the immigration office and get you expedited service. A medical condition may mean you don't need to personally present but someone can submit a medical certificate, so my guess is that if its a legit stamp then he has developed medical condition lol