Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Park Hotel

bromberg

Recently stayed at the Park Hotel for the first time, spending 3 nights there.

Walked in and got a standard double room for 1300 BHT a night (list price was 2,200 BHT).

The room was of good size, clean and well presented.

It had air conditioning, a huge double bed, well stocked mini bar, TV, etc.

I would say a good 3 - 4 star place.

It was very guest friendly - girls had to hand their card in at the desk, the first night the hotel rang when my friend was leaving to check everything was Ok. After that, the girls just handed their card in as we entered.

The swimming pool was the only disappointment. The water was so strong with chlorine - it played havoc with the eyes. But I wasn't staying their to improve my back stroke (yes, my breast stroke did get a work out!)

My only mistake was paying for breakfast when I stayed there. It was optional and I had good intentions - but it was hard to be up and about at that time and normally I skipped it anyway. The one occasion we made it, the food was good standard fare - buffet style but nothing special. It was 400 BHT a double each day.

NOW this hotel is directly opposite the famous Bier Garten - one of the great spots for finding freelancers, and only a very short stroll off Sukhumvit Road and a Sky Train station. Close to right between Soi Cowboy or Nana, both only a short walk.

IMHO a bloody fantastic position!

IMO very good value for money.

Details are: The Park hotel - Soi 7. Tel: 0-2255-4300

Web site - www.parkhotelbkk.com

Recently stayed at the Park Hotel for the first time, spending 3 nights there.

Walked in and got a standard double room for 1300 BHT a night (list price was 2,200 BHT).

The room was of good size, clean and well presented.

It had air conditioning, a huge double bed, well stocked mini bar, TV, etc.

I would say a good 3 - 4 star place.

It was very guest friendly - girls had to hand their card in at the desk, the first night the hotel rang when my friend was leaving to check everything was Ok. After that, the girls just handed their card in as we entered.

The swimming pool was the only disappointment. The water was so strong with chlorine - it played havoc with the eyes. But I wasn't staying their to improve my back stroke (yes, my breast stroke did get a work out!)

My only mistake was paying for breakfast when I stayed there. It was optional and I had good intentions - but it was hard to be up and about at that time and normally I skipped it anyway. The one occasion we made it, the food was good standard fare - buffet style but nothing special. It was 400 BHT a double each day.

NOW this hotel is directly opposite the famous Bier Garten - one of the great spots for finding freelancers, and only a very short stroll off Sukhumvit Road and a Sky Train station. Close to right between Soi Cowboy or Nana, both only a short walk.

IMHO a bloody fantastic position!

IMO very good value for money.

Details are: The Park Hotel - Soi 7. Tel: 0-2255-4300

Web site - www.parkhotelbkk.com

Has the place been renovated or refurbished lately? It was nearly 2 years ago when I stayed there last but back then it was a shite filled hell hole full of skanky hoes and guys of dubius means. The place was literally falling down and the carpets and wallpaper had more marks and stains and spots on them then a pimply 16 year old kid. I have stayed in some shitboxes in my time and the Park was ranking up there amongst them.

It must have had a makeover. Hope so cause the location is great.

You know it makes sense...

Has the place been renovated or refurbished lately? It was nearly 2 years ago when I stayed there last but back then it was a shite filled hell hole full of skanky hoes and guys of dubius means. The place was literally falling down and the carpets and wallpaper had more marks and stains and spots on them then a pimply 16 year old kid. I have stayed in some shitboxes in my time and the Park was ranking up there amongst them.

It must have had a makeover. Hope so cause the location is great.

The pamphlet I got from the Park tells me that:

"Recently renovated to the highest standards, the Park hotel has 139 beautifully furnished rooms...."

Now that is shite - but it has been renovated in the last 2 years and the rooms were clean, comfortable and affordable.

For the price it was a good find, IMHO. The price + the location = Winner in my eyes!

For those who like budget digs of 3 - 4 stars it is well worth a good look. :P

Thanks for the update cause I, too had stayed there about 2 years ago and the place was really rundown. I got out after 1 night. But location is really good, although set back a little from the soi. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Haven't stayed in Bangkok for about a year, and wonder is 1300 baht per night about right for that standard of hotel near Sukhumvit?

I would recomend cozy at ten,it's in sukhumvit soi 10(2min walking to nana plaza).Rooms are great 4* and it's cheap 1200baht for double room.It is very nice small hotel,very friendly staff,you can bring as many girls as you like,but they don't have a pool.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked here for my upcoming trip in september. Hope I will like it. There is also a shortcut to walk trough the parking lot of the hotel, leading directly to Soi 11!

Edited by Schubser

• 4 weeks later...

Absolute disappointment. My room at 4th floor is a desaster. I could open up a food stall with fried cockroaches and bugs. The hotel tries to make money out of everything. Staff lazy, the only friendly person in the lobby probably prepared a scam with a not handed out receipt of my 1000 Baht deposit for the mini bar. Breakfast is not worth waking up before 10 a.m.

Called in there recently when I foud myself needing a room in Bangers. There were three british couples being shouted at by an old Chinese man at reception which put me off. They told me it had the rudest, laziest staff they had ever encountered.

I moved on.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

• 2 weeks later...