Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for good accomodation for sept/oct trip

Spillertwo

Hello,

I have just booked my flight to Pattaya from september 12th until october 11th.

It will be my first trip to Pattaya and I am looking for a good hotel to book for the first week.

Next hotels I will book after seeing the hotel.

What am I looking for:

+ hotel with a pool to relax during the day

+ safe in room

+ girlfriend friendly (no extra charges when you bring somebody to your hotel)

+ not to far from the action, but not to noisy

+ price range between 1.000 and 2.500 baht a night

+ Queen size bed of good quality

Until now I have found these alternatives but any advice is helpfull:

+ Sabai Lodge

+ LK Mansion or LK Pavillion

+ Flipper house or flipper lodge

Any suggestions ?

Lowest Rates at Sawasdee.com or

Agoda.com

Spiller

Welcome to the board!! I can only comment on sabai lodge as its the only place I have ever stayed in Pattaya! Its a really nice clean hotel that is very guest friendly! I never had any problems there and I will be staying there again this year!! Its not too far from the action IMO, and it has a few pools in the complex that you can use!!!

Give me a shout nearer the time or when u are there cos I'm gonna be there around end sept for about a week!!

Hope this helps

beefy

Try Agoda.com, they have some of the best rates I have seen on the web. You can get a standard room ak LK Metropole for 1518 bht/night, or Tims Boutique for 2000 bht. Also Pattaya Bay resort is running a special now and there's always the Areca Lodge. All these places have pools and in-room safes. I think some may want a joiner fee if you take more than one girl up to your room.

I would recommend the LK Metropole bit better location than the others and backed far enough of the soi to be quiet. Although i'm not to keen on the pool at the front.

LK Metropole Website

Hello,

It will be my first trip to Pattaya and I am looking for a good hotel to book for the first week.

What am I looking for:

+ safe in room

+ queen size bed of good quality

+ Sabai Lodge

Any suggestions ?

I have stayed at the Areca Lodge numerous times.....first rate and BEAUTIFUL too. But someone told me about the Pattaya Bay Resort right near the Areca and they are having a special too until October 14th, 790 baht a night. This place comes highly praised! Are you coming into Bangkok on the 12th or are you leaving your home on the 12th and arriving on the 13th? The reason I ask is that I am looking to share a cab to Pattaya at 11:30pm on the 12th.

Either way, have a great trip and .....ENJOY!

Chu Chu

If you can get a good rate, the Sabai Lodge is excellent. The baht buses come right by, so it's easy to get down to Walking Street or anywhere along Beach Road. It's also right down the street from the Honey Pot, Classroom 2 go go, and a million beer bars. All the soapy massage places are also nearby. Anyway, I stayed there in December and for part of January, but I didn't exactly get a deal. If you email the manager, you might be able to get a good rate in September/October.

Rex

I have stayed at the Areca Lodge numerous times.....first rate and BEAUTIFUL too. But someone told me about the Pattaya Bay Resort right near the Areca and they are having a special too until October 14th, 790 baht a night. This place comes highly praised! Are you coming into Bangkok on the 12th or are you leaving your home on the 12th and arriving on the 13th? The reason I ask is that I am looking to share a cab to Pattaya at 11:30pm on the 12th.

Either way, have a great trip and .....ENJOY!

Chu Chu

Still haven't decided on which hotel I will book,

Will look into it further this week. My plan is to book a hotel for the first week and then

shop around when I get there.

Regarding the Pattaya bay resort I am looking for info on the resort but their website is out for the moment.

Have you heard if this resort is girlfriendly (no cover charge) ?

I come into Bangkok the 12th at 12h30. So if you want to hook up just let me know. Which hotel have you booked ?

Looking forward to my trip into Pattaya very much. Just visited an FKK club in Germany and there I hooked up with a thai

babe who was incredible. She used to work in Pattaya but now works in Germany. I told here, and I really mean this, if

only I meet one girl like here in Pattaya my holiday will be an enormous succes. She spend an entire evening with me and

I never met a girl that was this sexy and warm :-)

Still haven't decided on which hotel I will book,

Regarding the Pattaya bay resort I am looking for info on the resort but their website is out for the moment.

Have you heard if this resort is girlfriendly (no cover charge) ?

Pattaya Bay Resort is VERY girl friendly. The owner, Kim, is "very sympathetic" (that should probably read "empathetic"!) to the needs of the mongering masses. I stayed there at the end of June and posted the following review on another board shortly after:

I stayed there (standard room) for 12 days up until last Monday. On the whole, I would highly recommend the place at present. If the prices go up, maybe it would need a rethink. Objectively, I would make the following comments:

For

[*]Price is 790 Baht per night with the 7th night free if you stay 6 nights.

[*]I checked in very early in the day and that was no problem

[*]3 bottles of water are supplied free every day

[*]Good size room and bed

[*]The owner, Kim, an American guy, is very friendly and helpful (eg offers lifts to anyone around if he is going out)

[*]Tuk tuk service mentioned above

[*]Staff very friendly (and those on reception very pretty!)

[*]Two free-to-use computer terminals

[*]The location is only a few minutes away from Second Road and easy to get to the action

[*]There was a bunch of Brits of Arab descent who were staying at the hotel who had a habit of hanging around in their respective doorways and chatting in the corridors. Kim wouldn't stand for that and threw them out even though he lost money by doing so

[*]A bar, restaurant and massage facility are to open soon

Against

[*]There is a problem with the hot water - it isn't possible to mix the hot and cold. The hot goes cold when you switch on the cold supply. I was staying on the 6th floor and had this proble. My mate was staying on the 4th and had the same.

[*]I had the room immediately below the gym. AVOID IT! If anyone is using the jogging machine, you feel as though you are inside a drum!

[*]The walls are thin and speech from neighbouring rooms is fairly clearly heard

[*]The tuk tuk service is good for going from the hotel but not so good for getting back. I tried 3 times. Once was successful. One other time the girl answering the telephone could not understand me. Another time, despite clear explanation of where I was, the tuk tuk was sent to the wrong pick up point. I think that the overnight staff do not speak very good English

[*]The location is such that there is currently a building site between the hotel and Second Road which somehow has to be circumnavigated. See comments from previous poster about possible danger of returning alone at night. This is only a temporary issue as the building site will turn into a complex including shops, cinema, bowling alley etc and it will be possible to walk through it. Then the location will be excellent.

[*]At night, packs of ferrel dogs roam the area. I think they are probably Buddhists as they never gave me a problem, but I always felt a bit uneasy about it.

[*]Currently, there is no restauarant.

Hello,

What am I looking for:

+ safe in room

+ queen size bed of good quality

+ Sabai Lodge

Any suggestions ?

Have only stayed at Sabai lodge from your list and can only speak highly of it,

Has 3 pools, safe in room, no charge for bringing back guest, is 10 minutes by baht bus to WS, 1 minute to all the soapies and lots of action in soi2, 5 minutes to Soi 6

prices from 900 to 1500

King Size bed of fantastic quality

Which is one of the better rooms in Sabai Lodge????

I am looking to stay at start of Sept for 4 days and pay around 1500 Baht a night! Any suggestions on the better rooms??

Is the RUEN THAI POOL Deluxe C rooms any good?????

Have only stayed at Sabai lodge from your list and can only speak highly of it,

Has 3 pools, safe in room, no charge for bringing back guest, is 10 minutes by baht bus to WS, 1 minute to all the soapies and lots of action in soi2, 5 minutes to soi 6

prices from 900 to 1500

King Size bed of fantastic quality

Which is one of the better rooms in Sabai Lodge????

I am looking to stay at start of Sept for 4 days and pay around 1500 Baht a night! Any suggestions on the better rooms??

Is the RUEN THAI POOL Deluxe C rooms any good?????

The hotel is quite Large and is really broken into 4 sections , the Ruen Thai Pool area is very secluded and you virtually share the pool with only a handful of other quests. I never got to see inside there rooms.

In Fact I been at the hotel for about 8 days before I realised the Ruen Thai Pool even exsisted.

I stayed in the Dolphin Superior Rooms which are the cheapest in the hotel and they were fine, The Ruen Thai Rooms are more expensive so it would be safe to assume they are better.

I wanted to upgrade to the Dolphin Cottages which is 7 cottages surronding a pool, again secluded from all the other rooms virtualy 7 of you share a pool.

However there was only one room available and both my freind and I wanted a room each. The Dolphin Cotage rooms were good,carpeted,king sized bed.

2 more options but maybe a little more expensive, not sure your budget. Sandy Springs hotel between BEach Rd and 2nd Road, Soi 13/1 (or maybe 13/2?). Rooms between 1100-1800 baht, depending on how high up and if sea view.

I stayed in January at the Pinewood Residence just off 2nd Road, near Soi Sex,...I mean Soi Six. About 1800 baht, but has kitchen, living room and bedroom. Real nice.

Both of these hotels have websites.

I"ve stayed at the Sabai Inn and the Sabai Lodge recently both on Soi 2. Theres plenty of action on Soi 2 and 2nd rd maybe 50 yards from the hotels... The Sabai lodge is very nice and you shound be able to get a great room for less than 1500... Web site :Blah2:Sabai Lodge.com.........

woops the web site is sabailodge.com I was born the day after yesterday

Hi All,

Just came back from a 3 day trip and stayed in the Whitehouse Conditel on Soi 13, Price was 1250 bht per nite with breakfast included, guest friendly with 1 guest free of charge, 2nd guest was 500bht. Large king size bed with lots of pillows. 10 mins walk to Walking Street at a slow pace dodging all the suit sellers. Nice small pool on the roof with separate jucuzzi. booked a car to take me back to the airport at 3 am in the morning for the next da, cost 1500bht. The car was already their and waiting when i got down. Great service.