IGNORED

Forum Disruption

Recently we've has a little downtime due to the servers not being able to cope with our site. We cant let it continue, after about a week of us contacting the server they have finally got back in touch telling me they are ready to help us change server.

So we'll have to shut the board down during transfer to stop new stuff being added to the database. Thanks for your patience.

Bryan

Yesterday I tried several methods (and I'm not joking) to get the database up onto the new server. Finally I realised that one of the ways was blocked by the hosts firewall. They need me to have a static IP address and they need to add it to there firewall.. which is what they should be doing tonight. Once i have had a few practise runs at remote Mysql access, i will wait until the board is quiet... then tell everyone on the shoutbox.. then make the board offline until the database has uploaded.... then it will be switched back on. Hopefully no longer than 30 minutes distruption.

The board has to be made offline during the short period to prevent people posting as during transfer this and new members would be lost.

Then after that we should no longer get any problems. Thanks