IGNORED

Rinya apartments and kitchen, soi Lengkee

andrew

Rinya House: An unpleasant shock awaited an Englishman out on the town when he returned in the early hours to find his room ransacked and valuables worth 200, 000 THB, carefully concealed in his luggage, to have been stolen.

http://www.pattayada...entral-pattaya/

Edited by Sledneck

Rinya House: An unpleasant shock awaited an Englishman out on the town when he returned in the early hours to find his room ransacked and valuables worth 200, 000 THB, carefully concealed in his luggage, to have been stolen.

OMG, My interest to this place goes down drastically :sad:

Had to be an inside job. Rinya must not have in room safes. Best to stay away from this place.

Those pictures were not taken at "Rinya House" !!!:rolleyes:

The reporters have it completely mixed up with some other place!

It's a totally different place, looks like a cheap Thai apartment style!:unsure:

"Rinya House" has small safes in every room.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

It's a totally different place, looks like a cheap Thai apartment style!:unsure:

Plahgat

I don't see how a mistake was made since the location is given as Soi Lengkee.

Plahgat

One of the pictures in the article shows an open safe:

pdn56.jpg

Just compare the news pictures with my pictures!:rolleyes:

I have stayed in all types of rooms at "Rinya" including the fan room, and not one single room has white painted walls or white closets/wardrobes without doors,

the simple windows in the news are typical of cheap Thaistyle apartments and are easy to break in through.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I agree Plahgat, I have stayed at Rinya and the room in the pictures does not look like Rinya and as a matter of fact I am pretty sure there rooms don't have slatted windows next to the front door that would be bloody stupid as this person found out also the rooms do have in room safes.

Edited by devee8

Lol... I am going to spend a month at Rinya House... hope that this News are fake...

Блог о путешеÑтвиÑÑ… - РаÑÑказы о моих путешеÑтвиÑÑ… по Юго-ВоÑточной Ðзии и других чаÑÑ‚ÑÑ… мира =)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First, they tried to charge me 23 000 baht at check in and that this was total price, which I declined. When I booked I was told to pay 3000 deposit at checkin and the price of room was 20 000 baht/month. That means 3000 at check in and 17 000 at checkout. The staff didn't speak english, but they finally understood and accepted 3000+17000 baht.

I wanted to see the room before I payed. Had a look at room 303, one bedroom with kitchenette, a big disappointment. Very claustrophobic room with little possibilities for daylight. Window and small balcony wall to wall with next building. It felt like prison. The room also smelled smoke, and the shower didn't work. They couldn't fix it before they next day, so then I finally made my decision to find another place.

• 1 month later...

I stayed here in december last year i I like it.. I payed 950 baht including breakfast..

• 2 weeks later...

Not stayed here but had a pizza in the bakery and it was lush.

• 7 months later...

I stayed 3 nights there in August. Some guy from France gave me the hint on the Bus to Pattaya and I had to flee from "The Haven" because it was so horrible and I needed quickly to find a good alternative.

They showed me the small rooms first for 500 Baht/night (if I remember it correctly), but these rooms were too loud and too small for me. The bigger ones are much better (790 Baht), more like small apartments. I especially liked the idea of a couch and a separate bedroom. Not bad, but it's essential to mention that all the rooms are quite old and if you expect something clean and comfortable then Rinya is maybe not the perfect place.

The staff is friendly, they helped me with the safe. The bakery shop is good, too, and has a delicious breakfast (but not really cheap).

Anyway after 3 nights I decided to leave because I found a cheaper room where some friends stayed, too.