IGNORED

Review of Room 2-74, VT2A Jomtien - 14-28 Feb 2011

sydney95b

Review of Room 2-74, View Talay 2A (VT2A), Jomtien

Dates of stay: 14-28 Feb 2011

Room rate: bt2,300 per night

Rented through Tik at www.dancewatchers.com

Direct room link:

http://www.dancewatchers.com/2-74_Corner_Luxury_Pool_view_2A_large_studio_for_rent.html

I’ll review the actual room first and then move onto Tik’s service/staff. As this room is not owned by Tik, any suggestions for improvements should not reflect on Tik’s (or her staff’s) level of service.

The Room:

The room is located on the second floor of VT2A. It’s a corner condo, overlooking the pool on the east end of the building. The pictures on DW/Tik’s site do the room a lot more justice than mine.

IMG_2463 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_2461 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_2462 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_2459 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_2460 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_2457 (450 x 600).jpg

IMG_2458 (450 x 600).jpg

IMG_2464 (450 x 600).jpg

IMG_2465 (450 x 600).jpg

As indicated on the site, the room is very nicely furnished. The view from the room/bed is great. The balcony wrapped around the corner of the building – with a nice table and chairs.

The bed was outstanding! Very comfortable and the perfect height for standing exercise – especially hip thrusts. The bed linens were top notch and the pillows were very nice. The bed headboard had blue mood lighting inside, which was nice when coming back into the room with guests.

The television worked perfectly. There’s normal cable TV and also the gold level of satellite service. I believe there was a DVD player, but I didn’t get a chance to use it.

The computer was great to have in the room. I didn’t use it as much as I should have (updating my TR), but it came in handy to use Google translate when needed. The chair is a bit uncomfortable, perhaps the owner could invest in a chair similar to the one in VIP Room 5-223.

The kitchenette had ample supplies for dining in. The fridge was big enough to stock with a case of water, beer and soft drinks.

The bathroom was nice, but the owner should upgrade the shower. The shower is the stock standard hot-water box on the wall with a hand-held shower head – similar to that found in any of the guesthouses in Pattaya. The shower area itself is big enough to have multiple guests join you for a bit of clean fun. The vanity/sink was large enough for all of your toiletries.

The location of the room really sets this apart from most of the rooms in VT2A. The lifts in the building are not air conditioned and are either slow or overused, so being on the 2nd floor means you can take the stairs and not upset your guests for having to walk a little bit. There is a stairwell just up the hall from the room and it leads down to the ground floor, so it means easy access to the swimming pool – or any of the businesses (restaurants, massage shops, convenient shops, laundries – oh and Tik’s office) there.

Tik/Staff Service:

Once again, I was treated like family. The room was spotless. I chose to have the maid service, which is a bit extra cost, but well worth the money spent. Her staff cleaned the room every weekday (except for a few days when I had guests sleeping in late) and they are really friendly ladies. The cleaners did show up early a few times then originally scheduled for (once on the Buddha holiday), but it was not an inconvenience. I had an uninvited guest sharing the bathroom with me (a Huntsman spider – about the size of a Thai ladies hand), but after telling Tik about it I never saw it again.

The whole process of booking the room, paying the deposit, checking-in and checking out went smoothly and error free. As indicated on the DW page, you can stop by Tik’s office for pool accessories, motorbike hire, local dining info, touring info and just to say Hi. I first used Tik’s service in October 2010 and will book accommodation with her in the future.

Cheers…

Edited by sydney95b