IGNORED

robbed

jony the bull

just got back but 2 days ago had my safe cleaned out.was staying at the eastny plaza on soi 8 deffo an inside job they had key to door and master key for safe only took cash and left everything else card and stuff but got away with £650 cash.......but other than that had a good time will post trip report soon

:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jony the bull

• onthego

• Montydog

• IAM69

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats bad, did you complain to management..

I'd be goin to the cops :Circle_Sharks:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Did you take it with the management/staff and what was their respond?

:001_Thank_You5:

Think its a lot of shit! :EvilLaugh1:

Why would a the room attendant or other members of staff know the master code to your room safe?

I could understand the Management having a Master Code for emergency use, open the safe in your presence if you forgot your code...

Thats a lot of cash to have pleft at the end of a holiday :)

Seriously, bad news that this happened. Are you 100% sure you didnt fall asleep drunk and some girl nipped off with it?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

those rooms safes can be opened with a master key, it takes about 2 mins to get your safe opened by the porter or someone if you forget your code. if you have to put valuables in a room safe put them inside another locked pouch or something first .. or better get one of those extra room safe locks. i prefer reception safes now where you can put your own padlock on the inner tray, plus open a thai bank account and deposit all your cash on arrival and use their atm card.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

thats bad, did you complain to management..

I'd be goin to the cops :Circle_Sharks:

yer i went cops not much joy the management new they had a problem as another room on the same floor had been robbed the same night but said he didnt no what to do have put a complaint in to the hotel group

yer i went cops not much joy the management new they had a problem as another room on the same floor had been robbed the same night but said he didnt no what to do have put a complaint in to the hotel group

Provided you made the police report your insurance should cover it. That doesnt exvcuse the action but at least should cover your loss.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Think its a lot of shit! :EvilLaugh1:

Why would a the room attendant or other members of staff know the master code to your room safe?

I could understand the Management having a Master Code for emergency use, open the safe in your presence if you forgot your code...

its a master key easy to get im told ...as for a lot of shit wish it was as i was going to use it for my next flight

Provided you made the police report your insurance should cover it. That doesnt exvcuse the action but at least should cover your loss.

yer my insurance covers about £500 of it got police report crafty sods charged me 500bht to translate it to english

Thanks for the advice as I plan on staying there! Is it a good hotel (aside from the theft)?

I am so glad I bought one of these on the advice of another BM.

botm_img.jpg

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

its a master key easy to get im told ...as for a lot of shit wish it was as i was going to use it for my next flight

All the room safes that I have used usually have to enter 6 digit number..no key required.

Simple solution to fix by management...reprogram all room safes...Nobody can open,except manger or deputy manager on duty..

I am surprised that you still have £650 at the end of your trip,plane ticket use??

You are about the only person I know who doesn`t purchase a return ticket to LOS?

All the room safes that I have used usually have to enter 6 digit number..no key required.

Simple solution to fix by management...reprogram all room safes...Nobody can open,except manger or deputy manager on duty..

I am surprised that you still have £650 at the end of your trip,plane ticket use??

You are about the only person I know who doesn`t purchase a return ticket to LOS?

no not to buy a return just spare cash for my next trip allways take plenty with me

Thanks for the advice as I plan on staying there! Is it a good hotel (aside from the theft)?

botm_img.jpg

aside from the theft yes spot on

That's harsh m8....not good advertising for the Eastiny group.

Sorry to hear about the theft by hotel staff. Same thing (money stolen by hotel staff) happened to me, hopefully it didn't spoil your holiday.

yer my insurance covers about £500 of it got police report crafty sods charged me 500bht to translate it to english

I was also told the same by a Farang policeman, so I guess that it is the official rate.

just got back but 2 days ago had my safe cleaned out.was staying at the eastny plaza on soi 8 deffo an inside job they had key to door and master key for safe only took cash and left everything else card and stuff but got away with £650 cash.......but other than that had a good time will post trip report soon

thats bad news m8 sorry to hear about your loss maybe next time your in pattaya you should think about opening a bank account and having cash in u bank not a safe just carry a atm card around with you

botm_img.jpg

I wish you could buy one in Thailand ,I got a few days till I head back -no time to order one

None

I bring very little cash with me these days and rely on my ATM card exclusively. On my next trip I am going to transfer money into my Thai bank account prior to departing.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Edited by altec123

I bring very little cash with me these days and rely on my ATM card exclusively. On my next trip I am going to transfer money into my Thai bank account prior to departing.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I have a friend who also use mainly his ATM just because he doesn't want to carry a large amount of cash with him. I have always thought that hotel room safe was pretty secure, now I need to rethink this.

I wouldn’t give up so easily, as it might encourage the thieves carry on with it.

Being myself involved in the hospitality industry I suggest:

1.) Talk to the management, ask for the General or Residence Manager, no lower rank

If the management does not take any appropriate action, then

2.) File an offical police report and request police to investige the crime on-site, be perisistant

If you face resistance from any side, then

3.) Tell them that you will report the incident and any uncooperative behaviour

- to the hotel’s corporate head offiice (if it’s a hotel’s group)

- local press, e.g Pattaya Mail, PattayDailyNews, etc.

- TripAdvisor (to put pressure on the hotel management)

- Thai Hotels Association

- Your embassy and consulate

If you proceed with these actions in a calm but firm manner, then you might be surprised how fast things get cleard up.

Edit:

I forgot to mention that you should always ask the person you speak to for their complete name and rank. Either get their name card or make a note, so they can see it.

For many Thais it’s quite inconvenient when they get nailed down this way. They get the impression, that you are serious with your actions and there’s no room for excuses. And again, be calm but firm.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

2 years ago after checking in there, the porter boy wanted to demonstrate how the safe worked, he locked himself out and got the master key to open, spent the next few nights with my money in my shoes

Both my pal and I have experienced money missing from room safes in the past and so stopped using them for anything other than small amounts of cash and other low value items. We have for years now used the reception safety deposits. Much more reliable. Last year I could not get into my room safe for my phone. I either forgot or cocked up the code. It took the Bell Boy 10 seconds maximum to open it without any keys. this only confirmed what we already knew. They give a false sense of security.

botm_img.jpg

Looks good that, but a right pain to put on. Must be fun trying to fasten that thing when your battered and bringing a girl back to your room. I just myself one of these pac safe travel bags, they are fitted with some ultra hard mesh that you can't even cut through. Only thing is you need to fasten the loop around something stuck to the ground.

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=18

Shame about the OP though, Fk keeping large amounts of cash in the safe, id rather tag a sting on ATM fees and withdraw every 2/3 days, at least if I do get robbed it won't be that much im getting done for. I hope you put this all on trip advisor. Something like that will put people of staying there, so be sure to spread the word.