Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fraser Resort Pattaya

johnboy1

Fraser Resort Pattaya

This hotel is situated on the Pattaya City Walk, about 50m off the Beach Rd. I stayed there for the first time in October 2010 and was so impressed that I am going back there in April this year.

The hotel is very modern, I went around the majority of the hotels whilst I was there last time and I would say that this has the best rooms, they are superb. I just had the standard room which came with a 42" (wall mounted)Plasma TV. The bathroom had a beautiful walk in shower that you could fit about six people in. The tiling on the walls were stone/marbel, very luxurious. Also the bathroom units were beautiful and modern. I will take some photos next month when I go again and post them so you can get a look.

I stayed there for three weeks and the cost was £1250.00, this included my flight to and from the UK booked through Expedia. When I checked with the hotel, they quoted my room bill as being about 18,000 THB, so I was getting the room for under 1000 THB per night. The rooms normal cost starts at about 2,500 THB per night if booked direct. All the guests I took back to my room were all very complimentary about it, so baring in mind they see a lot of rooms, that is also another good endorsement as to its quality.

There is NO charge to bring a guest back to your room, there is also free interent access. If you haven't got your laptop then there are 2 new Apple computers in the Foyet for you to use for free.

The hotel itself is about five minutes walk from Walking Street, I would say it is in the perfect location and you can not hear any of the noise if you want an early night. There is a little bar opposite the hotel with a full size snooker table and a couple of pool tables. There is also the giant screen in Pattaya City Walk if you want to watch the football, tennis etc.

There is a well equipped gym on the top floor that has AC, there are also TV's in there for you to watch whilst exercising. Also on the top floor is the roof top sun terrace with many good quality sun loungers. The pool is on the second floor, it's not good for swimming in due to its size, but its ok to go and cool off in.

Lastly, the hotel staff - well, what can I say - polite. When they see you walking down the street they open the door for you, swipe the lift for you if you have your hands full (your door entry card activates the lift - a nice security feature). On the ay I arrived it was throwing it down. I was met by hotel staff where I was dropped off from the airport, they gave me an umbrella and then wheeled my case to the hotel - marvellous.

The only thing left to say is that I can't wait to get back there - less than one month to go......

Any questions, just ask.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old - we grow old because we stop playing"

"A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her" Oscar Wilde

I've often walked past this hotel and wondered about the noise levels. Would be good to see your photos of the room next trip; what will you be paying per night this time?

I discovered Pattaya City Walk my last trip and I think this hotel looks very nice. A few questions:

Is there a safe in the room?

There is a big screen just outside the hotel? What about noise?

Good breakfast?

The hotel looks very posh. Do you feel welcome when bringing home girls to the room?

• 4 weeks later...

are there any MP near by that you can recommend, how far is it to central shopping?

• 2 months later...

I've often walked past this hotel and wondered about the noise levels. Would be good to see your photos of the room next trip; what will you be paying per night this time?

Fred

Apologies for not replying sooner - Didn't take any photos when I went back, was occupied with the TGF, very very long story.

My room was on the fifth floor, I've stayed there twice now and I've never heard a single noise from the street. In April this year they had some building work going on on the ground floor, that did wake me up a couple of times, but it was necessary for the foundations so there was not a lot you could say - there were signs up and all guests were given a letter re the inconvenience.

I am staying at a condo next month as it will work out cheaper, this hotel is about 3000 THB per night - I got it as a package through Expedia - cost about £200 per week.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old - we grow old because we stop playing"

I discovered Pattaya City Walk my last trip and I think this hotel looks very nice. A few questions:

Is there a safe in the room?

There is a big screen just outside the hotel? What about noise?

Good breakfast?

The hotel looks very posh. Do you feel welcome when bringing home girls to the room?

Izzyg

Sorry for the late reply - Yes, there is a safe in every room. Re the big screen outside, I have never heard it from my room and I have stayed there twice. Both times I was up on the top floor (5th) so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. I think the top floor is reserved for all the BM's.

I have never eaten at the hotel so I can not give you an answer re the breakfast.

Yes, the hotel is very posh looking, the rooms are excellent as is the service. And no, there is no problem with bringing guests back and it is free. If you bring two guests back you have to pay extra, I was charged for one extra person which was about 900THB.

One thing that was quite annoying last time was that they had changed their WI-FI internet. It is still free, but now you have to log on using a password (four numbers) that you get from reception. This runs out after 24hrs and you have to get another one. If that's the only thing I can complain about you know that the hotel itself is 5 star.

Hope this helps.

are there any MP near by that you can recommend, how far is it to central shopping?

Pattaya City Walk is Soi 13,2 or there abouts. I've walked to central many times, about 10mins, or a couple of mins on the bus. About 5 mins walk to Walking Street, Macdonalds and KFC on your door step if you like that sort of thing. Also, plenty of bargains to be had at Mikes Shopping Mall/Plaza around the corner.

• 3 weeks later...

Any pics of this hotel ?????

:001_Thank_You5: