IGNORED

Golf club hire

Wifi-ads

Hi All, I'm coming out for a month in May and considering playing some golf this time, probably in Chiang Mai and in Pattaya. I'd like to know the average price that is charged for golf club hire, Ryanair want to charge me 80 Euros for bringing my clubs from Tenerife to Madrid. I want to work out the pros and cons of hiring versus the cost/effort of bringing my own. I seem to recall that I paid 500 Baht when I played with the Sportsman bar in Patts but I may be wrong.

Thx in advance.

Edited by Wifi king

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

I usually play with "The Golf Club" located on Soi LK Metro when I'm in town and I know they have a few rentals availabe for a small fee, but no matter which club society you decide to play with they should be able to hook you with a rental set. Just bring along your shoes and some spare golf gloves..

If can, can.. If no can, no can..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm coming out for a month in May and considering playing some golf this time, probably in Chiang Mai and in Pattaya. I'd like to know the average price that is charged for golf club hire, Ryanair want to charge me 80 Euros for bringing my clubs from Tenerife to Madrid. I want to work out the pros and cons of hiring versus the cost/effort of bringing my own. I seem to recall that I paid 500 Baht when I played with the Sportsman bar in Patts but I may be wrong.

Thx in advance.

500 to 800 bahts for rentals is correct, and sometimes the golf clubs are the newer ones too. Some golf courses in Pattaya rent them at the club house also. 800 bahts for rental 1500 bahts a round, 250 bahts caddie fees and a cart 600 bahts if you Desire....the 19th hole with the caddie.....priceless...

have a good time, I always enjoy golfing in Thailand..

cheers tommy x

P1000609.JPG

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

I planned on renting when I was in Pattaya last month. Went into Thai-Ger Line golf to book a round and looked at the rentals available and they were Brutal! They looked like 20 year old clubs that had been left in the back of a car for the last 19 years and they wanted 500 baht.

I planned on renting when I was in Pattaya last month. Went into Thai-Ger Line golf to book a round and looked at the rentals available and they were Brutal! They looked like 20 year old clubs that had been left in the back of a car for the last 19 years and they wanted 500 baht.

rent the ones in the club house on the course. A friend of mine rented them at Phonex Country Club and they were new taylor made r7. I think it was 800 or 600 bahts.

cheers tommy x

• 4 weeks later...

500 to 800 bahts for rentals is correct, and sometimes the golf clubs are the newer ones too. Some golf courses in Pattaya rent them at the club house also. 800 bahts for rental 1500 bahts a round, 250 bahts caddie fees and a cart 600 bahts if you desire....the 19th hole with the caddie.....priceless...

have a good time, I always enjoy golfing in Thailand..

cheers tommy x

Damn. thats 2550 bahts a round. I didnt think it would be that expensive. I was hoping to have a couple of rounds this year. I'll be going end of May, cheaper then?

Anywhere charge about 900 baht a round? Im not a regular golfer, just play for the fun of it so I dont mind if its one of the less desirable courses in Pattaya. Out of the way of the more serious players would be better actually becuase my mate is useless.

Edited by Devilz

Damn. thats 2550 bahts a round. I didnt think it would be that expensive. I was hoping to have a couple of rounds this year. I'll be going end of May, cheaper then?

Anywhere charge about 900 baht a round? Im not a regular golfer, just play for the fun of it so I dont mind if its one of the less desirable courses in Pattaya. Out of the way of the more serious players would be better actually becuase my mate is useless.

royal navy charge 1000 a round and 250 for caddie.