Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Whats better eva air ot thai airways?

deadman

First two trips I flew with Gulf, but they are too expensive as well as being a bunch of crooks (I may post a story on this at some point) for me to consider them for May.

I haven't been able to obtain the Eva price quoted by Whitespider from anywhere though.

Qatar - c £.430

Thai - c. £460

Eva - c. £465

But being a complete Cheap Charlie I'm looking to go Aeroflot via Moscow for 547.10 EUR (c. £370)

try west east travel think they quoted 330 + tax deleted the mail but give them a try.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider - RIP

• deadman

• Panudate

• achillesdave

I'm flying with EVA on Thursday (premium economy) and it cost 420 pounds, including taxes and cc supplement.

I've flown with them before and whilst it was comfortable the food was dreadful.

I flew Royal Jordanian last time at 320 pounds (pretty good) and the GF has just flown back with Swiss Air (350).

Biman is my favourite, though. Fantastic food.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

I have made three trips to Thailand and I have flown Cathay Pacific each time. I like the airline and I also like the connection at the Hong Kong airport because I sometimes stay over there on my way to or from Bangkok/Pattaya to visit with friends. :D

Owl

I'm flying with EVA on Thursday (premium economy) and it cost 420 pounds, including taxes and cc supplement.

I've flown with them before and whilst it was comfortable the food was dreadful.

I flew Royal Jordanian last time at 320 pounds (pretty good) and the GF has just flown back with Swiss Air (350).

How did you manage to get the £420 premium eco price? i payed 40-50 more.

you're kidding about biman, aren't you? :wacko: i found them to be one of the worst airlines i've flown with :)

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

When the Hell are the International versions of Ryanair going to start appearing? The press have been talking about it for years and there was a specific story a month or two ago about the company behind Air Asia expanding into trans-continental travel.

I fucking hate Ryanair but Easyjet have proved that the budget game can be played with a little more grace. I would be quite happy to pop a sleeping pill and doze my way to Thailand, even in a less comfortable chair, if it meant saving a few hundred and being able to travel more often.

When the Hell are the International versions of Ryanair going to start appearing? The press have been talking about it for years and there was a specific story a month or two ago about the company behind Air Asia expanding into trans-continental travel.

I fucking hate Ryanair but Easyjet have proved that the budget game can be played with a little more grace. I would be quite happy to pop a sleeping pill and doze my way to Thailand, even in a less comfortable chair, if it meant saving a few hundred and being able to travel more often.

i think the plan was to be joint venture with virgin, easyjet & air asia but something went wrong! i could be wrong btw :Beer1:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Definitely EVA, even though the food's bloody awful and they keep cutting the airmiles. :Beer1:

MONKEYWATCH - The Truth Is In There

i think the plan was to be joint venture with virgin, easyjet & air asia but something went wrong! i could be wrong btw :Beer1:

Can you imagine how overrun Pattaya would become if someone introduced a £300 all inclusive, direct flight fare?

I'd visit Thailand as often as the visa rules allowed it.

Was supposed to fly back to London with Eva on the 9th of May. Got to the airport and checked the departure board flight Eva Air 67 to London CANCELLED. So arrives at checkin and sure enough it's been cancelled and the staff don't know why. Fly tomorrow they say and put us up in the 5 star Nova hotel for the night. Fly home on the 10th and have a good flight. At Heathrow while waiting for the bus home decide to check the voice message i had received in Pattaya about 10 days previously but couldn't pick up in Thailand, only from my UK provider. The message was from Eva Air saying the flight for the 9th may had been rescheduled for the 10th. Missed an extra night in Pattaya. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. A text message i could have received ok in Thailand.

Eva by far. The food is better on Thai IMO but the on seat entertainment makes a hell of a difference to relieve the boredom of the flight. I agree with Whitespider that it is incredible Thai have the one screen TV still.

Eva is the best for movies if you cant sleep on flights like me even if take a sleeping pill. Thai only show one movie on a big screenand the food is shit.

Have to agree eva best i am 6ft4 and it is better then thai always give me seat near door...

• 3 weeks later...

I have not voted in the poll because i've only ever flown with Thai so i can't comment on the others, what i will say about Thai is that in the 7 years i've been coming to Thailand the service has gone downhill, but it's still the best option for me. I like the flight time back to Heathrow, the plane lands about 6:30 in the morning and that gives me all day to get back home to Nottingham, i'm not really bothered about in flight entertainment, if possible i like to get my head down, the food is nice on Thai, i'm a member of royal orchid plus so i get air miles. Even with the V&W booking classes that only give you 50% milage i find that you can still acrue enough miles for free domestic travel, last time a had a free trip business class to Khon Kaen.

• 1 month later...

which is better? cheers guys! These flights are going from heathrow for £446 atm and there direct.

which is better? cheers guys! These flights are going from heathrow for £446 atm and there direct.

thai mate, food is shit on eva. flight from bbk is always late

I prefer Eva boanabay, but you will probably find all the info you need here.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index...?showtopic=2791

Well spotted MO I will werge these threads.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Skytrax is a useful rating site for airlines and airports. Well worth consulting before you book any flight.

http://www.airlinequality.com/

I'm booked EVA Evergreen Deluxe from AMS to BKK on 28/09. Luckily they still use 747-400s on that route. Evergreen deluxe on a 747 gets a better write-up on Skytrax than the equivalent Elite class on the newer 777s operated from LHR.

Dio

Edited by diocletion

Your flag is Aussie (I think) OP is asking from UK! Not same same!

Thai still has one big screen from LHR - Eva has personal entertainment and interactive at that i.e. you can stop and start movies whenever you like.

I used to fly Thai regularly but they have gone rapidly downhill and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now (again I am talking ONLY the LHR BKK route).

FYI - Eva has a "self service" food policy i.e. go to the galley and help yourself - the "pot noodles" are great. If you DON'T use this then thats your fault not theirs but agree the "meals" are better on Thai.

Bottom line is any airline who still puts movies on one big screen isn't worth your business - even if you do sleep all the way.

LHR-BKK - Thai is just plain crap. The only people who defend them are usually those who haven't actually tried anything else.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...

Flown with both

Thai great leg room and food and i like 747`s

Eva same legroom as Thai but wider seats to accomodate fat arses

food it below average entertainment is good(selection not so)etihad have been the best for entertainment for me.

777s good planes but are built from carbon fibre makes it a noisier ride

All in all Eva ,Thai are overpriced for what they offer IMO

I like Eva air... I just flew with them 2 weeks ago... The service was excellent and the flight attendants were all pretty cute... The only advantage I see with Thai (From Los Angeles, where I live) is that they have a direct flight from LA to BKK. I had to change planes in Taiwan, but waiting on hour there wasn't so bad.