IGNORED

Whats better eva air ot thai airways?

deadman

i'm still planning my upcoming trip for july but was wondering which airline is better having not flown with either of these airlines in the past. they are similarly priced for the dates i have in mind around £475 :rolleyes:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitespider - RIP

• deadman

• Panudate

• achillesdave

EVA more leg room and your own tv with on demand films.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

Last year at this time EVA and Thai were around £400 to £420 LHR/BKK now its 470/480 big jump for one year.

EVA flight times are much better Ive found. Outbound leaves half hour earlier in the evening (21:35) and return leaves at midday (instead of midnight!) and gets back at 19:15 rather than early in the morning leaving you a whole cold wet Sunday before back to work.

My first trip to Thailand was on Thai, the flight was delayed 24 hours. I then switched to Northwest, but the battleaxe flight attendents scared me away. I have used EVA Economy Deluxe since, love it. My next trip is booked with Thai, because it is non stop from LAX to BKK. Will let you know how it went. I still have many frequent flyer miles with EVA, so will be flying with them again also.

kee mao

Have flown with EVA on their 777's, nice plane, nice staff, food needs a little work and the entertainment needs to be upgraded to have more choices of films! But other than that, for a cheap non stop flight, its pretty damn good!

Simply NO contest

Thai used to be a premium carrier but has gone downhill rapidly over the ast 5 years.

How ANY carrier can expect you to fly 11 hours with the ONE big TV screen and NO film choice days (as Thai does from LHR) is beyond me.

As for EVAs food - remember they have a self service policy - just go to the galley and help yourself to drinks, sandwiches, pot noodles, chocolate etc. If you dont go you dot get!!

EVA all the way mate - current price is £305 + tax (£80 I believe) direct return from LHR! Hard to beat if Heathrow is easy access.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Self service policy? really? I never knew that! bastards could have said that to me! lol

My first trip to Thailand was on Thai, the flight was delayed 24 hours. I then switched to Northwest, but the battleaxe flight attendents scared me away. I have used EVA Economy Deluxe since, love it. My next trip is booked with Thai, because it is non stop from LAX to BKK. Will let you know how it went. I still have many frequent flyer miles with EVA, so will be flying with them again also.

says with Mod hat on

Bigboy - I don't mean to be rude but the poster asked for details from LHR. Thai have new stock flying from LAX including personal entertainment so the comparison would be an unfair one.

When you "report" do it in a "USA" related thread for which we would be grateful.

Thanks

says with Mod hat on

Bigboy - I don't mean to be rude but the poster asked for details from LHR. Thai have new stock flying from LAX including personal entertainment so the comparison would be an unfair one.

When you "report" do it in a "USA" related thread for which we would be grateful.

Thanks

Sorry, my bad. EVA is great though compared to most others I have flown

kee mao

Ive only ever flown with Etihad, never had a complaint. Comfy sats wide choice of films good food and free drinks!!

Ive only ever flown with Etihad, never had a complaint. Comfy sats wide choice of films good food and free drinks!!

EVA and Thai are direct flights. Iliked Etihad also but fares have jumped up by 20% or more, same price as direct.

I prefer EVA over Thai by a fair margin,the 777s they use are good,no complaints from me.I would actually pay a bit more to fly with EVA rather than Thai(don`t want to have to though!)

i would prefer etihad but their prices seem quite high at the moment compared with eva or thai. if you ask at abu dhabi checkin, you could even get a free upgrade to business so arrive rested in bkk! :D:Flying:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

• 4 weeks later...
i would prefer etihad but their prices seem quite high at the moment compared with eva or thai. if you ask at abu dhabi checkin, you could even get a free upgrade to business so arrive rested in bkk! :D:rolleyes:

Thai over Eva everytime.When we last flew Eva the food was alright,but nothing special. Hardly any of the radio/music channels worked and those that did were in Taiwanese/Chinese! Food with Thai was superb and i have always found their service to be 2nd to none!

First two trips I flew with Gulf, but they are too expensive as well as being a bunch of crooks (I may post a story on this at some point) for me to consider them for May.

I haven't been able to obtain the Eva price quoted by Whitespider from anywhere though.

Qatar - c £.430

Thai - c. £460

Eva - c. £465

But being a complete Cheap Charlie I'm looking to go Aeroflot via Moscow for 547.10 EUR (c. £370)

When looking for flights, if you are looking just at price and not airline and find a Singapore Air flight.Can you send me a pm before you book, so i can give you my membership number.That way, i gain some air miles and can fly to Thailand more often.And if we meet up i will give you a night on the piss , all for free, and i will pay for a night with a lady ofyour choice!!!!! cheers.

Has to be Eva because of Elite Class with 38" Seat Pitch. Costs more than Economy but only a fraction of what Business Class would cost. Even nicer from Amsterdam because they still have Evergreen Deluxe . :rolleyes:

I simply cannot believe Thai has 4 votes - unless its guys who have never tried the alternatives.

Thai used to be a premium carrier but it is now truly awful.

ONE big TV screen and no interactive for an 11 hour flight - get real

EVA's economy cabin is better - tilted seats in front of you don't hit you in the face like on the other carriers. Gordon Brown's taxes upped all fares unfortunately.

Get 'em while they're going or tomorrow they'll be gone

Just got an email from WestEast Travel,

says they got return flights for £303!

http://www.westeasttravel.com/user/strPage.asp?idlink=27

I got the same email so I phoned them to look at making a booking as the website says that bookings must be made by 30th April.

Cheapest they could actually provide was Thai for £463.10 return or £446 if I booked it online. I asked about Eva £303 + tax and was told it was not possibe to have. I gave a choice of 11 different departure days and they couldn't find anything.

A waste of time and effort!

I have to agree with most of you

tried thai.ba.gulf but thought eva were best

Always travel EVA, and usually in Elite, and now have enough miles for several upgrades. However, I can only go in peak seaon, when the plane is full so can't get upgrades!!

Hate it when you get messeages about £300 specials - only to spend valuable time enquirig only to find that (a) they're all gone or (B) they're not available on those dates.